TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

NeoBux

Congratulations, South Africa.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#31   arsjay

arsjay
  • Fav PlayersCesc,RVP,Kaka,Rooney,TH14,Pirlo,Drogba,Bergkamp
  • SupportsArsenal,Madrid,Inter,Brazil,Germany

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:11 PM

:iagree: with every one of you here.
South Africa made a tremendous progress in hosting the world cup and it will only get better and better for Africa.
now, they have all the positive aspects to go ahead and nominate themselves for olympics.
true..as someone said above, when I hear vuvuzela again I can remember only South Africa.You will remain always in my memory till my end.
Congrats Africa who stood as a whole to support Ghana.
:groupwave:

#32   .Mario.

.Mario.
  • Moderators
  • LocationRecife-Brasil
  • Fav PlayersXaviesta-Messi-Oscar-Riquelme-Pirlo-Nesta
  • SupportsSport Club do Recife

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

Yep, congrats to the country. People can whinge all they like but personally I enjoyed it. Its a magical tournament which we're only blessed with once every 4 years, and there's always drama, there's always entertainment, and there's always history made. Can't wait for Brazil 2014, would love to go too.

I would welcome you with open arms, Dave.

#33   Matieo

Matieo
  • Fav PlayersCristian Săpunaru

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

FIFA really let us down in that department. They kept on telling us that the matches were sold out but then a week later, there's tickets available again. I think FIFA were a total embarassment tbh. I'm from Cape Town and when I initially applied for tickets, I applied for 8 games online. The maximum that you were allowed to. FIFA only approved 3 games. By the time we got to the last ticket draw, thats when everybody in South Africa went into a frenzy, I literally camped out in front of the ticket office to get tickets for more games. When I finally got to the front, tickets were sold out in Cape Town. Because of this, I decided to buy tickets in Port Elizabeth for the second round and quarters which is about 700km away. About a week later, FIFA release more tickets for Cape Town again and I'm basically stuck with my PE tickets. The France vs Uruguay match there was absolutely no tickets available anywhere because a couple of my friends were desperately searching for tickets but at the game there was open seats everywhere. I just couldn't understand that. FIFA claim to be against ticket touting but when you lie to the public about a game being sold out, you're basically inviting people to buy them illegally. That was the biggest dissappointment for me. I was mostly dissappointed because I applied for that tickets the second it went online. The first ticketing draw I was there sitting on my pc and applying and the 2 games I really wanted (semi and final) I never got. Then you get some people who did no work at all, wasted no time sitting and refreshing webpages, but basically just logged on at the correct time who got tickets for the final. I thought that was extremely unfair.

:o

That's fucking terrible.

#34   la périphérique

la périphérique

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

:o

That's fucking terrible.

What did you expect from FIFA? Something actually tolerable?

#35   fidelity

fidelity

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

I thought Sepp Blatter and Nelson Mandela would stroll through the streets of South Africa handing out free tickets to everyone, kissing babies, and healing sicknesses with the magic of their physical proximity.

#36   Alonso.

Alonso.
  • Supporters
  • LocationBUL
  • SupportsReal Madrid Club de Fútbol

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

I thought Sepp Blatter and Nelson Mandela would stroll through the streets of South Africa handing out free tickets to everyone, kissing babies, and healing sicknesses with the magic of their physical proximity.

That sounds pretty doable.If your name is Dirk Kuyt, of course.

We call on different things to beat the odds. Some plan, some scheme, some speak to God. Because the fear of your best efforts being rejected makes greatness something we are scared to achieve. But lonely are the brave who dare to believe they deserve that which they are prepared to receive.

Posted Image