The World Cup 2010 prediction league is here. With a total of 64 matches taking place at the World Cup all of which occurring in such a short space, I'm expecting this to be a frantic and competitive affair. The prediction league will work as follows, if anything is unclear please don't hesitate to ask.
- Open to every member here at Tiki-Taka.
- There will be prizes for the top 3, as detailed below.
- The scoreline of every game will be predicted upon.
- Predictions must be submitted in this thread prior to kick-off of the respective game.
- You may not edit your post.
- If you wish to change a prediction simply repost it (I will always enter your last submitted prediction, overwriting previous ones).
- Scoring system is outlined below
- The scoring system will work as follows, if any of you have ever played Premier League's I Know the Score, it's based on it:
Perfect result: 10pts
Correct goal diff & outcome: 5pts
Correct outcome: 2pts
Wrong outcome: 0pts
KO stage method of victory: 3pts
Each set of matchday fixtures there will be a 2 chosen 'golden matches' in which points you score be doubled.
In the knock out rounds you will be asked to choose the result over the entire match ie if you think it'll go to extra time you predict the score after extra time; if you think it'll go to penalties you state the score after extra time and the winner of the shoot out.
- Group Stages
South Africa 2-2 Mexico
South Africa 1-1 Mexico
Score: 5pts (correct goal diff & outcome)
Argentina 2-1 Mexico aet
Argentina 2-2 Mexico (Argentina on Penalties)
Score: 2pts (correct outcome)
- The prizes are as follows:
(if points are tied, it will decided upon most perfects, if still tied then a coin toss)
1st - Replica shirt from World Cup 2010 nation of your choice
2nd - Replica World Cup 2010 Football (Value: £16.99)
3rd - Replica World Cup 2010 Football (Value: £16.99)