TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Official: o 'Palito' joins Inter Milan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#16   Lucho Gonzalez.

Lucho Gonzalez.
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal.
  • Fav PlayersLucho, Mangala, PEPE, Jackson Martinez.
  • SupportsFC PORTO.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

A transfer to Chelsea is no longer a possibility after we rejected their last offer.

A wise man once said:

Try this out. When she is about to say yes or no, pull back and say, "nah, I change my mind" and sort of walk away.

See what she does then. You will have basically turned the tables on her. Tried this a few times, always works.

"Well, that was fun... in a fuckin' terrible, sick, not-at-all-fun way."

#17   Lucho Gonzalez.

Lucho Gonzalez.
  • SupportsFC PORTO.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:02 AM

Cover of O Jogo reads:

Posted Image

Chelsea didn't want to go beyond 20m € and paid in 2 years. The player expressed interest in staying, which was a key factor for the deal not to go forward. Awesome news

A wise man once said:

Try this out. When she is about to say yes or no, pull back and say, "nah, I change my mind" and sort of walk away.

See what she does then. You will have basically turned the tables on her. Tried this a few times, always works.

#18   Nando89

Nando89
  • SupportsPorto, Portugal, USMNT

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:14 AM

Hopefully his head is in it. From what I've heard of Sandro, Alvaro can't afford to slack off.

#19   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Hugo Viana, Plasil, Huth, Pavlyuchenko
  • SupportsJuventus, Porto and any Joga Bonito Team

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Good thing he is staying with us.

Yesterday there was an article on O JOGO saying how much Alvaro Pereira is important to Kléber (or how was important to Falcao), and truth is, they're right on some matters.

Thankfuly he is staying, because, not only Alex Sandro is still a kid, but we our loose some attack skills if Fucile would remain on the left side. Not because he doesn't attacks, because he does, specially on the right side, but Alvaro Pereira has one attribute that we need... A LOT!

That is the capacity to reach the final "line", attacking profundity, if we can translate directly from the Portuguese "profundidade atacante".

I don't know how many assists he had last season, but surely he had more than 7/8 assists, only in our League and also, he might give us 2/3 goals per season, from long range, which is good, because it allows us to have some space on the defenders backs, because if they know that we have someone who can shot the ball from long range, they'll surely play more advanced.

Note: This thread is missing on the Forum Index.

All my Video Match Compilations were taken from Youtube, therefore, they'll be (all) updated on my blog.
Follow me if you please on Roberto Rivelino. Thanks.

#20   Lucho Gonzalez.

Lucho Gonzalez.
  • SupportsFC PORTO.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

I have the numbers here, one second.

Thanks for the heads up

9 assists and 1 goal

A wise man once said:

#21   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

Wow. Amazing indeed.

The goal was scored against who? I remember that it was with the Yellow Kit, but I can't remember against who, though. :(

All my Video Match Compilations were taken from Youtube, therefore, they'll be (all) updated on my blog.

#22   Lucho Gonzalez.

Lucho Gonzalez.
  • SupportsFC PORTO.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Juventude de Evora (I think it was them) for the Portuguese Cup. Not 100% sure on the opponent, but I know it was a Cup match. It was just after he returned from injury

Watch at 3.10

A wise man once said:

#23   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Posted Image

Alvaro Pereira open to bids.

#24   Lucho Gonzalez.

Lucho Gonzalez.
  • SupportsFC PORTO.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

I think it would be wise to sell him, given he clearly doesn't want to be here, he was poor last season and we have Alex Sandro ready to take over. Hopefully we can get at least 15m €

A wise man once said:

#25   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

English news say Chelsea will go forward for Alvaro Pereira and they say they are willing to pay €19 millions. Though, there's not an official bid, but this would be a great deal.

#26   Lucho Gonzalez.

Lucho Gonzalez.
  • SupportsFC PORTO.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

That would be fantastic. I'd be willing to let him go for less than 15m actually, given that he's fallen out of favour completely and we have Alex Sandro ready to take over. 19m € is great. He's not worth much more than that, even when he's fully fit.

A wise man once said:

#27   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

So Alvaro Pereira picked a fight with Kléber. Hell, send this guy to the B team for once! What a douche. This kind of attitude was what screwed us last season, and yet, it's up again. I feel for the squad and for Vitor Pereira.

Álvaro Pereira não está a treinar com o plantel do FC Porto e protagonizou, na segunda-feira, um incidente com Kléber e que descambou para o confronto físico. Vítor Pereira confirmou a notícia de O JOGO, apesar de ter preferido desvalorizar o caso.
"Trabalhamos no limite da agressividade, para ganhar em todos os exercícios. Esta profissao é muito exigente, a exposição mediática é muito grande e os níveis de stress são altos.

É uma situação que aconteceu desta vez, não acontece muitas vezes, mas vai acontecendo uma vez por outra. Acredito que também acontecem noutros clubes", considerou, revelando que o caso ficou resolvido na hora e negando qualquer ligação entre os "assuntos pessoais" que o uruguaio está autorizado a resolver e o confronto com Kléber no primeiro apronto da semana.

#28   Funchaloe

Funchaloe
  • LocationLillestrøm, Norway
  • Fav PlayersRúben Ferreira, Cristiano Ronaldo, Maniche
  • SupportsFC Porto, CS Marítimo, Lillestrøm SK

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

So Alvaro Pereira picked a fight with Kléber. Hell, send this guy to the B team for once! What a douche. This kind of attitude was what screwed us last season, and yet, it's up again. I feel for the squad and for Vitor Pereira.

Clearly the moron has personal issues. He has wanted to leave us for over a year, maybe he is getting desperate. A problem with this is that this incident may lower his value. Maybe Chelsea thinks twice about buying him.

Sou madeirense e com muito orgulho!

#29   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

Maybe Chelsea thinks twice about buying him.

I hope they don't.

The situation was this:

Kléber team was winning the "peladinha" for 10-0, against Alvaro's team. And Kléber was celebrating a lot, which wasn't going too well with his team-mates from the other team. Alvaro felt mocked and said - "On the games I don't see you celebrating like this" - and Kléber answered - "On the games you don't do the things you do in the training" - then Alvaro continued and said "Let's solve this without the ball", then some chest confronts followed.
A security followed them to the locker room after Vitor Pereira dismissed them. They continued and the situation got even worse with physical confrontation. The security called the directors and Porto's SAD had to intervene.

Alvaro won't train anymore (by mutual agreement) and Kléber will be fined.

Edited by 0, 09 August 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#30   Funchaloe

Funchaloe
  • LocationLillestrøm, Norway
  • Fav PlayersRúben Ferreira, Cristiano Ronaldo, Maniche
  • SupportsFC Porto, CS Marítimo, Lillestrøm SK

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

I hope they don't.

The situation was this:

Kléber team was winning the "peladinha" for 10-0, against Alvaro's team. And Kléber was celebrating a lot, which wasn't going too well with his team-mates from the other team. Alvaro felt mocked and said - "On the games I don't see you celebrating like this" - and Kléber answered - "On the games you don't do the things you do in the training" - then Alvaro continued and said "Let's solve this without the ball", then some chest confronts followed.
A security followed them to the locker room after Vitor Pereira dismissed them. They continued and the situation got even worse with physical confrontation. The security called the directors and Porto's SAD had to intervene.

Alvaro won't train anymore (by mutual agreement) and Kléber will be fined.

I can't help but feel kind of sorry for Palito after reading this. Kléber was acting like a child. It doesn't excuse Alvaro though, he should know better than that, starting a riot at Olival is clearly uncalled for. As for Kléber, this isn't the first time he has behaved unprofessionally. He refused to play for Marítimo when he found out that Porto was interested in him. Eventually he finished the season with Marítimo, but only after the interest cooled down. Also, I don't like the fact that Kléber may be the reason for Marítimos forced relegation. Horrible case, all because because of a mediocre player's unproffesional behaviour.

Sou madeirense e com muito orgulho!