TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

NeoBux

Calciopoli Re-opened

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#1   La Fidanzata

La Fidanzata
  • Italy Moderators
  • Fav PlayersGianluigi Buffon
  • SupportsJuventus

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

Due to the recent revelations of Moggi's lawyers at the criminal trial in Naples, Stefano Palazzi (the federal prosecutor) is going to consider re-opening the investigation after April 13rh.

Calciopoli: Palazzi apre fascicolo
06 Aprile 2010 17:52 SPORT

ROMA - Sulla scia delle ultime vicende legate a calciopoli il procuratore federale Stefano Palazzi ha aperto un fascicolo. Lo comunica la Federcalcio. Si aspettera', pero', l'esito dell'udienza del processo penale di Napoli, in programma il 13 aprile, per chiedere di acquisire eventuali nuovi atti.

Corriere dello Sport

I don't think anything will much come of it (the FIGC will only care about saving face- there's no way they will let history repeat itself), but we ,ight as well keep all the trial and Moggi-related news in here.

FINO ALLA FINE.

#2   Tokyo Sexwale

Tokyo Sexwale

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hmm.. interesting. This is related to the supposed Inter-accusations Moggi's lawyers found, am I correct?

I don't like Moggi much but he has the right to defend himself, even if I personally am getting tired of his constant digging and delving into the past to save his own face.

Oh, and welcome back, Sara.

AJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX

Posted Image

#3   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:50 AM

I'm not a fan of this being re-opened. Even though I do feel that something very wrong happened in 2006, and that justice was not served, I would still rather this just be left alone and forgotten in some dusty archive room which no one ever visits. I just can't see how it's good for Italian football, and I can't see how it can undo any of the damage that was done. Juventus were sent to Serie B, lost a host of very talented players, a very powerful administration, and a tad bit of prestige. None of that is going to change, no matter what the outcome of these new trials reveal. As for us, I don't think that the deterioration of the post-calciopolli Milan had anything to do with calciopolli. The reason we slightly deteriorated as a club was/is almost entirely the fault of poor management and ownership, and that has nothing to do with a few points being deducted. What these trials may do however, is hurt the image of Serie A even more; and worse still, hurt the strongest team in the league. No matter what role Inter had in the initial trials, they are right now the only Serie A team that can compete with the big boys in Europe, and we need that to not change. This threatens that. But just like Sara, I think that not much will come out of this, and I hope I'm right. I should note though, I don't know if I'd feel the same way about this if I were a Juventus fan to be honest.

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?

#4   Il Statto

Il Statto
  • Administrators
  • LocationEngland
  • SupportsJuventus

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

As much as i'd like justice, i don't think Calciopoli re-opening is good for Serie A or Italian Football in general. Surely with it all being brought up again, it will mean that Serie A's reputation amongst football fans, will plummet even further than it already had. Those who had forgotten about what has gone on in the past, will be re-reminded and for a league wanting to rebuild it's credibility, integrity and reputation, this is definitely counter-productive. And Fai, i agree with you in terms of us needing Inter to remain as a European force, as with Juve's and Milan's failings in Europe (ours mostly), we need a team to be able to get deep into the top competitions to be able to retain those crucial coefficient points. Still though, with this all happening, like you folks, i can't see a great deal coming of it, to be honest..
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"A legend like John, Lennon I'm a dreamer... Tried to fuck the world, she only let me finger..."

- Common (The Dreamer)

#5   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Hugo Viana, Plasil, Huth, Pavlyuchenko
  • SupportsJuventus, Porto and any Joga Bonito Team

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:26 AM

I'm not a fan of this being re-opened. Even though I do feel that something very wrong happened in 2006, and that justice was not served, I would still rather this just be left alone and forgotten in some dusty archive room which no one ever visits. I just can't see how it's good for Italian football, and I can't see how it can undo any of the damage that was done. Juventus were sent to Serie B, lost a host of very talented players, a very powerful administration, and a tad bit of prestige.

Well said !
I agree with all you said, but I have some other thoughts. I mean, how could Inter be the team that is now if Juve hold on Serie A?
Like, Juve was the second / third best team in the world (first would be Barça and then Arsenal). We eleminated Real Madrid of Zidane, we had Patrick Vieira, Emerson, Trezeguet, Nedved and the best Buffon, and the best player in the world (2008) named Cannavaro ;)
Juve would still be a giant actually if it wasn't that Moggi :ranting:
And truly, this only blows the name of the Italian football

All my Video Match Compilations were taken from Youtube, therefore, they'll be (all) updated on my blog.
Follow me if you please on Roberto Rivelino. Thanks.

#6   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

Very interesting article by Carlo Garganese. It will clear any confusion you have of what exactly went during the initial trials, and tells you what is going on in the new trials now. Long ass read, but I thought it was well worth it.

#7   fidelity

fidelity

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

So they had the trial in Naples. They're letting Moggi introduce more phone calls which will show everyone was calling referees up all the time to swap pasta recipes and whatnot. Next trial is set for April 20, the day Inter plays Barcelona, and Carlo Ancelotti will have to testify.

#8   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:30 AM

This is really starting to look embarrassing for the Sporting Tribunal. Moggi described it perfectly: either everyone is guilty, or everyone is innocent. I highly doubt the court will further prosecute any big names, whatever powers tipped the scale of justice away from Juventus' side back in 2006 are in all likelihood still in a position to be able to at least protect themselves today.

I wonder if that means that the court will deem Moggi innocent and allow him back to Calcio. If so, I wonder if Juventus will take him. I think he said a while ago that he'd go back to Juve if this one person (can't remember who) was made in charge. That would be really good for Juventus.

I also wonder if they might consider rescinding the title given to Inter that year. If Moggi's defense proves that Inter did exactly what Moggi got prosecuted for - and I think they essentially did prove that today -, then it would actually seem ridiculous to not do something about that title.

#9   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:08 AM

Wouldn't Inter face some form of the punishment handed to Milan and Juventus?

#10   Tokyo Sexwale

Tokyo Sexwale

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:58 AM

That depends on it, Moggi was sentenced for having a more than normal relationship with a referee assigning official as he could have possibly gained benefits from that. It's yet to be proven that this was the same with other presidents and club officials in regards to referee assigning officials, despite the phone-calls existing. It's not forbidden to call such an official after all.

Also, if Inter were to be punished then Milan would in turn get another punishment because Galliani right-out lied in court regarding his calls to a referee designator and would most likely be heard again.

Anyway, this all is not in favour of Italian football at all. Everything is just starting to fall back in place again and an event like this could seriously harm the competition yet again, which isn't what most people want I think.

AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX

Posted Image

#11   Hot Danish

Hot Danish
  • Fav PlayersWESLEY SNEIJDER
  • SupportsINTERNAZIONALE

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:02 AM

I find it highly ironic that any sort of justice is being decided in Napoli of all cities!
22/5 2010 - Thank you Inter and Jose Mourinho for everything!

#12   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:14 AM

Wouldn't Inter face some form of the punishment handed to Milan and Juventus?

I don't think so. I believe Kevin is correct, if Inter get punished for any of the evidence that was showcased in this trial, then Milan will also most likely get dragged into this as well. And it appears as though today some phone calls between figures in Roma (not sure who) and that referee designator were also discovered. Does this mean that Inter, Juventus, Milan, Roma, Fiorentina, Lazio, Palermo, and Reggina all cheated? Absolutely not. That's the thing, none of the evidence proves that anyone cheated - not even the evidence which sent Juventus to Serie B and got Moggi banned from football. The solitary thing they proved was that Moggi spoke with the referee designating official, and now Moggi's defense is proving that everyone else did as well.

They're not doing this to send all of the aforementioned teams to Serie B, they're doing this to clear up Moggi's name. It was bullshit that he got punished for that in the first place, and FIGC knows that it would be a huge blow for Italian football if they were stupid enough to even consider going after Inter and Milan or anyone else who Moggi's defense are proving was just as "guilty" as he was. The smart thing to do, the thing which I believe (ok, hope) will do, is drop the charges on Moggi (or most of them at least). Deciding what to do with the 2006 title - which Fachetti actually said Inter should give back - is a somewhat secondary matter. To me at least, as a Milan fan. What matters most is that we get through this quickly and without much media attention. I don't think the world cares about Italian football that much right now in order to care about this.

#13   Tokyo Sexwale

Tokyo Sexwale

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:52 AM

For me, the most important thing in this whole case is not damaging Italian football even more. It already got a huge blast from in and outside of the country in 2006 and I don't think the majority of clubs will actually survive getting another hit in the face, being brought down a level and obviously suffering a lot financially in this crisis. It'd mean the downfall of Italian football internationally (due to Germany turning up) and the domestic competition would suffer severely again for a good 2-3 years.

AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX

Posted Image

#14   Il Statto

Il Statto
  • Administrators
  • LocationEngland
  • SupportsJuventus

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:07 PM

Indeed, Serie A has taken a good 3-4 years to get back to a level where the title race is becoming competitive again. I really can't see any severe sanctions (i.e. relegation) being issued out to any of the other clubs, that ship has sailed and would be absolutely suicidal for the reputation and quality of the league. If the others (Inter etc.) are found guilty of doing the same thing as we were punished for, It'd just be good for us to get our titles back, drop Moggi's charges and then be done with the whole issue.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"A legend like John, Lennon I'm a dreamer... Tried to fuck the world, she only let me finger..."

- Common (The Dreamer)

#15   adriano.

adriano.

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

I don't agree at all, guys. Somewhere along the line, four years ago, someone decided, somewhere, that Milan, Juventus, Fiorentina and a few other clubs would have 'incriminating' evidence brought against them, but the very same evidence against Inter was simply overlooked as if nothing was there. That disgusts me so, so much. Maybe it wasn't Moratti (I bet it was!), but someone was clearly acting in favour of Inter when all this mess first came about.

I don't want Inter relegated, because that was a stupid decision in the first place, considering Juve weren't even guilty, but surely there must be something more beyond giving Juve their titles back, and clearing Moggi's name? What about all the money Juve lost? All the players they had to sell? To a lesser extent, the same applies to Milan. If Juve was a person, who was falsely accused of murdering someone, then was sent to jail, and only after they got out did they find that Juve was in fact innocent, then the government would have to compensate Juventus. In this case, I can only see that as the FIGC having to somehow compensate (through money?) Juve.

Also, Moratti should be banned from football.