TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

The Nottingham Forest Thread

195 replies to this topic

#1   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

A nice new home for Forest, who are currently sitting in 10th. Happy days!

#2   Boringslav

Boringslav
  • LocationLondon UK
  • Fav PlayersHenry
  • SupportsThe Arsenal

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

Any Reds fans on here? How 'bout you,Muffin?

#3   Raúl

Raúl
  • Supporters
  • SupportsLiverpool Football Club

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, MuffinMan does indeed support Forest.

#4   Kagamata

Kagamata
  • Fav PlayersChicharito | RVP | Nani
  • SupportsMan United

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

Definately playing well of late are Forest. 10th position represents a good start for them especially after a very tricky season last time around. This Saturday they have a real test of how far they have come when they host Newcastle who are by far the best team in the league at present. I think a draw would be a good result for them.

Posted Image

#5   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

Definatley. Newcastle haven't won in two, but are pretty strong up front while defensivley we are still a concern. A draw would be a fantastic result. Incidently, I had picked this game as one of the Forest games I would go to, but it's on the Saturday Villa host Chelsea, which was a real bummer.

#6   GZA

GZA

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

This Blackstock kid is fucking great.

Posted Image

#7   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

This Blackstock kid is fucking great.

6th goal of the season, could have had a couple more in this half too. Forest have been by far the better side so far and we deserve the lead. Blackstock, as said, had a good chance off the post and another with his head later on. I thought the Harewood/Morgan battle would have been tougher, but Harewood has been given little service and consequently looks quite poor. More of the same second half.

#8   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

Well that's the second fantatic win I've witnessed today! :D In fairness, Newcastle probably deserved a point as they were the better team in the second half. Problem for them is that they lack any real goalscorer. With Ameobi out injured, they have very little to offer in the final third with Carroll quite a poor player in my opinion who will never get you goals; Marlon Harewood, who, for all his hard work is not good enough (although for Championship level may be); and the other young kid that came on not being able to make an impact either. We're in good form now with a four game winning sequence and now sitting just out side the play-offs. Quite the opposite from our performences in the opening few games.

#9   GZA

GZA

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

I dont think the goal that was called off was really off sides but that was the story of last year also so I dont think I should dwell on it.

Posted Image

#10   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

It was tough on Newcastle, but by the letter of the law it was offside as the part of his body he scored with was behind the defender when the ball was kicked. But still, It don't bother me either way.

#11   ReDDevil9

ReDDevil9
  • Fav PlayersChicharito
  • SupportsManchester United & Brighton & Hove Albion

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

Great performance from forest, they could be looking at a play-off spot the way there playing of late.

Blackstock was fantastic, I can't praise this guy enough. He has a natural striker instinct, took his goal well, could of scored early on and very unlucky not to score when he hit the post. QPR must be kicking themselves for letting him go now.

Posted Image

I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch…That’s the school of Vila, of Benaiges, of Cruijff – Xavi Hernandez

#12   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

QPR must be kicking themselves for letting him go now.

I really don't understand why they let him go either. I always thought he was good for them considering he joined as just a promising young kid. Still, their loss is our gain. He's a first starter now.

#13   Kagamata

Kagamata
  • Fav PlayersChicharito | RVP | Nani
  • SupportsMan United

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

I can't believe QPR let Blackstock go either, sure he was inconsistent but he had some serious goalscoring talent at this level. It was the owners that decided to let him go to Forest and that was one of the main reasons why Sousa didn't really stay at the club very long, goes to show the owners of QPR know very little about football.

Anyway i didn't actually see the game at the weekend but what a result for Forest. They are looking very good at the moment and once they didn't get relegated last season i seem to remember saying in the Forest thread on SP if they get a few players in along with the young talent at the club already they will go far this season. Turns out i was right even though it still is early days!

Posted Image

#14   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:50 AM

I seem to remember saying in the Forest thread on SP if they get a few players in along with the young talent at the club already they will go far this season. Turns out i was right even though it still is early days!

Don't jinx it Si! :P

Another good win last night against a struggling Barnsley side. Stupid to have Mouissi sent off for a second yellow card, simply for celebrating. Ridiculous rule that should never have been brought into the game in the first place. What kind of sport would punish people for showing passion?

#15   Kevin Doyle

Kevin Doyle
  • LocationA windy hill somewhere in England
  • Fav PlayersKevin Doyle, Adam Le Fondre, Gylfi Sigurdsson
  • SupportsReading FC. URZZZ!!!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

Yeh, I believe that is abit harsh. When did he get sent off??

Posted Image

And it's Super Reading, Super Reading FC
We're by far the greatest, the world has ever seen