TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Fiorentina.

183 replies to this topic

#136   Mane Garrincha

Mane Garrincha

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Same guy. He went to Villareal at the peak of their powers and was supposed to play a key role next to Riquelme, Senna, Sorin, Gonzalo and Cani but failed to settle in, in spite of the presence of Pellegrini and their fellow Chileans.
░▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄
██░░░░░██▀░░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░░█
███░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░███
▀███▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░███
░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░█████
░░░█░▄▀▄░░░░░░▄▀▄░░░░████
░▄░█░░▀░░▄▀▄░░░▀░░░▄░░█
░█▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█
░█▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░█
░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

#137   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Hugo Viana, Plasil, Huth, Pavlyuchenko
  • SupportsJuventus, Porto and any Joga Bonito Team

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Pff, Sporting is really poor. They sold him not for €4.5 millions, but for €3.1 millions. Retards.

Indeed Kevin, you seem to have reason. I'm now a bit shocked looking at their team and the transfers. Montolivo, Behrami, Gamberini, De Silvestri and Natali out? Well done. Now add Jovetic on there as well. But well, they might receive €30 millions, that's a good sign, allied to Matias and Alberto signing as well.

All my Video Match Compilations were taken from Youtube, therefore, they'll be (all) updated on my blog.
Follow me if you please on Roberto Rivelino. Thanks.

#138   Tokyo Sexwale

Tokyo Sexwale

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

They're also lost Kröldrup, Kharja, Pazzagli and Amauri on frees.

Fiorentina have brought in some impressive names (Cuadrado, El Hamdaoui, Cassani, Roncaglia, Fernandez) but I doubt it'll be enough to really guide them back to the higher echelons of the Serie A ranks. They've seems to lost all sorts of logic and squad development ways since Prandelli left.

AJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX

Posted Image

#139   Slauson

Slauson

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

I thought the Montella hire was one of the most astute appointments of the summer.

#140   Tokyo Sexwale

Tokyo Sexwale

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Montella is a young, aspiring and and good manager but it remains to be seen if he can effectively form a group from a bunch of players that only know each other for a few weeks. Furthermore, he'll have to deal with big characters like El Hamdaoui and Ljajic.

At Catania, he inherited a side that had mostly been together for a long period and didn't really feature any problematic figures.

AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX

Posted Image

#141   Slauson

Slauson

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

He did a decent job at Roma too, and Totti's a right bitch.

#142   Vikipedia

Vikipedia
  • Spain Moderators
  • Fav PlayersXavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Busquets
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Supposedly they're negotiating for Borja Valero with Villarreal, would be an immense buy.
"Messi is the one who makes the difference, who takes us to another level. He'll never be repeated. He's the best player I've ever seen, the best player I'll ever coach." - Pep Guardiola

#143   Tokyo Sexwale

Tokyo Sexwale

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Deep-lying playmaker, right? Xavi-esque?

AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX

Posted Image

#144   Vikipedia

Vikipedia
  • Spain Moderators
  • Fav PlayersXavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Busquets
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, he's a deep-lying playmaker who can work as an inside right or left mid if needed. He's great at short passing, one touch play and dictating the tempo of the game plus he's got very good vision, so he is comparable to Xavi while not being as good of course. For a side like Fiorentina he's a great investment, especially if he settles in quickly.
"Messi is the one who makes the difference, who takes us to another level. He'll never be repeated. He's the best player I've ever seen, the best player I'll ever coach." - Pep Guardiola

#145   Carlos Marinelli

Carlos Marinelli
  • Fav PlayersDaniel Agger and Mario Balotelli

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

Pretty much a done deal. Will definitely be a good replacement for Montolivo, he's a very good player and you might get more all around output than him too. Not sure if the Aquilani deal going through now, because tbh I can't see him, Aquilani and Matigol in the same team. If Barça couldn't sign Cesc last season, apparently he was the fall back option, so that highlights the quality of the player and he should be a very good fit for Calcio. Fiorentina have gone a little stale the last few seasons, and these new signings could be the kick up the pants they need to put some decent football and results together. The team is really lacking a DM and they should look to add one.

Borja Valero is Fiorentina-bound

http://www.marca.com...1343849352.html

Villarreal has reached an agreement in principle to sell the midfielder Borja Valero to Fiorentina, as revealed by the Spanish club’s president, Fernando Roig. The fee involved has not been disclosed.
Valero still has to pass a medical exam and ink his contract with Fiorentina, and he will be travelling to the Tuscan capital shortly to complete these formalities and finalise the deal.

Borja Valero, 27, joined Villarreal two seasons ago following a year-long spell at Real Mallorca, where he had been farmed out on loan from West Bromwich Albion. Villareal signed the midfielder for €6 million from the English club. Following its relegation to the Spanish second division, Villarreal immediately signalled its intent to offload the player and was known to be looking for a fee in excess of €10 million.

"I'm happy at the chance to sign for a good team. It'll be a new experience, since I'll be moving to a new league, and that’s always exciting for a footballer", Valero stated. "I'm sad to be leaving a club like Villarreal, which gave me so much in such a short space of time, above all because I'm leaving with them in the second division. I still don't understand how it happened, but I’m confident the club will regain its place in the top flight next year", he added.

Posted Image

"What is the different types of hash out there? We all know that it’s called the bionic, the bomb, the puff, the blow, the black, the herb, the sensei, the cronic, the sweet Mary Jane, the shit, ganja, spliff, reefer, the bad, the Buddha, the homegrown, the ill, the mauwi-mauwi, the method, pot, lethal, turbo, tie, shake, skunk, stress, wacky, weed, blaze, the boot, dime-bag, scooby-doo, bob, bogey, backyard boogie… but what is the other terms for it?" - Ali G

#146   Carlos Marinelli

Carlos Marinelli
  • Fav PlayersDaniel Agger and Mario Balotelli

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Aquilani and Valero confirmed. That's some quality in midfield, pretty much certain Jovetic will leave with those additions I'd presume. Gonzalo Rodríguez will also join from Villarreal, not a done deal yet though. He was a great centre half when he was young, but he's regressed some bit due to a series of bad injuries, he now blows hot and cold. If he can stay fit and plays well Fiorentina will have one hell of a player on their hands.

Posted Image

"What is the different types of hash out there? We all know that it’s called the bionic, the bomb, the puff, the blow, the black, the herb, the sensei, the cronic, the sweet Mary Jane, the shit, ganja, spliff, reefer, the bad, the Buddha, the homegrown, the ill, the mauwi-mauwi, the method, pot, lethal, turbo, tie, shake, skunk, stress, wacky, weed, blaze, the boot, dime-bag, scooby-doo, bob, bogey, backyard boogie… but what is the other terms for it?" - Ali G

#147   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Hugo Viana, Plasil, Huth, Pavlyuchenko
  • SupportsJuventus, Porto and any Joga Bonito Team

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

Indeed. I will be interested to see what they can do in concrete this season. News has it... Hugo Viana rejected Fiorentina once Portugal got eliminated from Euro'2012, which doesn't surprises me, taking from the fact that José Peseiro is Braga's new coach.

Here's Aquilani in another unveiling for another Italian team (next year he promises he'll try to sign for Inter).

Posted Image

All my Video Match Compilations were taken from Youtube, therefore, they'll be (all) updated on my blog.
Follow me if you please on Roberto Rivelino. Thanks.

#148   Slauson

Slauson

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

I'm pumped about this Fiorentina team. Vince Montella is a great young manager who, I think, is going to do really well. And check out the midfield someone bought him this summer:

David Pizarro, Alberto Aquilani, Borja Valero, Matias Fernandez.

Fuck width, just hold onto the ball in the middle diamond all game. Plus, of course, there's Mattia Cassani, who is better than Ignazio Abate. And Cerci's been dumped.

Put it all together and I am very excite.

#149   Sergo

Sergo

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Ahmed Hegazy from Egypt is a decent Defender who's style of play resembles Pique could be a great addition besides Gonzalo rodriguez and Roncaglia.

#150   Slauson

Slauson

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hey A!an, whatever happened to Gonzo Rodriguez? He was like your favorite player on Villarreal but I haven't seen much about him since.