Sydney Football Club

571 replies to this topic

#16   apoelistas

apoelistas
  • LocationSydney
  • SupportsAPOEL FC - Sydney FC

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:45 AM

aloisi.. wat a champion lol :whistling:
man wat a dissapointing game we couldnt benifit from adelaide's 10 men and still copped goals on top...
hopefully we improve next game.. is anybody going ?? im probably goin 2 go

Posted Image

#17   No Use For A Name

No Use For A Name
  • Members
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia
  • SupportsAdelaide United, Manchester united

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:35 AM

Sydney need to find that winning momentum to maintain their title charge.

Adelaide have struggled for goals and I don't really see that changing tonight either.

McFlynn's return from injury has been crucial and it has been no coincidence that we have won two from two with him in the side.

I see your location says you're from London. Don't recognise you as a former member of SP so are you an Aussie living over there, born there and now living in Australia or have some other connection to Sydney?

We seem to have the edge over Sydney at Hindmarsh. We lost to you at Adelaide Oval to you but have seemed to always get good results against you at Hindmarsh. Brosque missed 2 great chances as well which could've made all the difference, although the first was a sensational tackle by Rudan and will go down as one of 'the takcles' of the season.

#18   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • SupportsPorto, Freamunde, Sydney, Portugal & Australia

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:45 AM

Rudan's tackle was legendary. It was brilliant. Not many people could have pulled that off. Had Brosque scored, the game would have been completely different but that's football for you.

#19   No Use For A Name

No Use For A Name
  • Members
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia
  • SupportsAdelaide United, Manchester united

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

I've been a critic a Rudan and wasn't that pleased when we signed him as I thought he was too old and passed it. He didn't perform that well initially but has been playing better each week. Looked like he had a point to prove against his old club last week.

#20   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

Ryall Girl '...Said She Was 16'
Oct 22 2009 15:45

SYDNEY FC defender Sebastian Ryall's court case on child sex charges has been put back until January to allow four more witnesses to be heard.

Ryall, then 18 but now 20, is charged with receiving oral sex from a 13-year old girl close to Pittwater RSL Club in Sydney on January 25, 2008. He allegedly told police the girl had said she was 16.

Ryall and co-accused Alistair Lupton - charged with a similar offence but with a different 13 year old girl - today appeared in Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court for their committal hearing.

Police today told the court they became involved when they saw four girls sitting on a bench in the early hours of the morning and approached Ryall who allegedly told them: "We were just kissing them, that's it. They told us they were 16."

The case was adjourned following testimonies from three police officers after prosecution asked for a delay as four other witnesses were unavailable.

Magistrate John Andrews granted the adjournment until January 25, 2010 but said the case was an "enormous waste of court time, on the face of it, from what I've heard so far".

http://au.fourfourtw...she-was-16.aspx

It looks like his case is never going to end. It's not good for him, Sydney and the A-league.

#21   Harry Kewell

Harry Kewell
  • LocationSydney, Australia.
  • Fav PlayersFrank Lampard.
  • SupportsChelsea, Sydney Rovers.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:16 AM

Pumped for the game against the Roar, theyre in shocking form at the moment but I dont think we should write them off to quickly...in saying that, a 3-0 win :)

Posted Image

Dare to Dream...

#22   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

With the way Brisbane is going, I'd agree but I'm sure the boys will want to impress their new manager. It should be tight but Sydney should be able to come out on top.

I'll write a match review tomorrow, or if anyone else wants to do it, go for it. :)

#23   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:41 AM

Match:
Sunday 25th of October 2009, Kick off at 5pm

Call ups:
1. Clint BOLTON (gk), 2. Sebastian RYALL, 4. Simon COLOSIMO, 6. Karol KISEL, 7. Brendan GAN, 8. Stuart MUSIALIK, 9. John ALOISI, 10. Steve CORICA ©, 11. Kofi DANNING, 12. Shannon COLE, 14. Alex BROSQUE, 15. Terry MCFLYNN, 17. Matthew JURMAN, 19. Mark BRIDGE, 20. Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 22. Sung Hwan BYUN, 23. Rhyan GRANT.
*two to be omitted*

Predicted Line Up:

Bolton

Cole - Ryall - Colosimo - Byun

Kisel - McFlynn - Musialik

Corica

Bridge - Brosque

Preview:
Form suggests that this will be a walk over for Sydney but the Roar will be out to impress new manager Ange Postecoglou. The Roar will be without Moore for this round, through suspension, while Danny Miller and Danny Tiatto are also doubtful after injuring themselves at training during the week. Roar's squad was already looking thin and this won't make things any easier. Has to be the unluckiest club at the moment.

Sydney were brought back down to earth last week against a 10-man Adelaide, after smashing Melbourne in the previous week. Adelaide took a 2 goal lead through Cristiano before Aloisi pulled one back. The only unavailable players are Keller and Prentice. We might also see the return of Grant and Danning who both didn't get game time in their first game back from international duty. After scoring last week, Aloisi might get a starting spot over Brosque/Bridge. I hope not though.

Prediction: Sydney 2-0. It's always tough to predict a game when a new manager comes in, but considering how many regular Brisbane players are out, it wasn't hard to tip against them.

#24   Dammel Head

Dammel Head
  • Fav PlayersRyan Giggs
  • SupportsManchester United, Australia, Sydney FC

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

Do you mean Charlie Miller?

Australian Manchester United supporters >>>> http://www.ozmufc.com/

#25   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:37 AM

I got it from foxsports. Isn't Danny Miller the defender?

#26   Harry Kewell

Harry Kewell

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

Phew, so relieved atm. Brisbane piled on the pressure in the last 15-20 minutes and almost scored a few times, Ryall clearing the ball from an open goal with seconds remaining. Final score 2-1 to Sydney, Brosque, Kisel and Cernak the scorers. Kisel had a nice finish for his first Sydney FC goal.

Top of the table yeww! Good weekend for football results :)

Posted Image

Dare to Dream...

#27   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

Not a bad game. We deserved to win which wasn't a surprise. Brisbane's team is looking thin and you could tell because they failed to control the midfield. Sydney took advantage of Brisbane's lack of midfield and created many more chances throughout the game. We played some good football but we should have been more deadly up front. A better team would have punished us.

The 2-1 scoreline suggests that it was a close game, but Sydney had the game under control. Brisbane did well to make the score look respectable. I've been pleased with Kisel in the last few weeks. He's showing some good signs which can only help our cause. One thing I did notice was our lack of movement in midfield. Corica is a good player but he's getting old and it's going to be hard to replace him next season. I'd still start him but it just means that the other players around him have to work that little bit harder to allow Corica to work his magic.

Cernak looked like a nice little player so well done to Brisbane for giving another youngster the opportunity to develop. They have to be considered on of the better clubs in A-league at giving their young players a go.

We're back on top. Thank you Wellington! :harhar: GCU!

#28   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:53 AM

If you're a Kiwi, or can pull off an awesome Kiwi accent, I'd suggest you go to the game this week because tickets will be only $10 for every Kiwi who attends the game.

http://au.fourfourtw...elly-clash.aspx

#29   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:49 AM

Match:
Sunday 1st of November 2009, Kick off at 5pm

Call ups:
1. Clint BOLTON (gk), 2. Sebastian RYALL, 4. Simon COLOSIMO, 6. Karol KISEL, 7 Brendan GAN, 8. Stuart MUSIALIK, 9. John ALOISI, 10. Steve CORICA ©, 11. Kofi DANNING, 12. Shannon COLE, 14. Alex BROSQUE, 15. Terry MCFLYNN, 17. Matthew JURMAN, 19. Mark BRIDGE, 20. Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 22. Sung Hwan BYUN, 23. Rhyan GRANT.
*two to be omitted*

Predicted Line Up:

Bolton

Cole - Ryall - Colosimo - Byun

Kisel - McFlynn - Musialik

Corica

Bridge - Brosque

Preview:
Wellington come into this game with the least amount of losses in the league. However, they have only managed to win twice in eleven games, hence their 7th place position. They have been punished late on in a number of games during the season but last week they decided the game in the first hour, beating former league leaders Gold Coast 6-0. Key players, Ifill and Daniel played an important part in the result. They'll be looking to continue their form against Sydney.

Sydney reclaimed top spot thanks to Wellington's win over the GCU but will be hoping that Wellington don't give the new league leaders a smashing. Sydney have been getting more and more consistent throughout the season and will be hoping to keep top spot. The improvement in consistency has come about since Aloisi was benched, while Brosque and Bridge were paired up front together. They managed to control a weak Brisbane last week and will be hoping to do the same against an improving Wellington side.

Prediction: 2-all.

#30   Harry Kewell

Harry Kewell

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:24 AM

Simply quote the word "Kiwi" at either a Ticketek outlet or at the box office on match day and you will receive entry to the match for only $10.

I dont think you even have to pretend to be Kiwi, just say the word!!! :D

I'm confident we can win this but Wellington will be on a high after their thrashing of Gold Coast so I'm not too sure.

Posted Image

Dare to Dream...