TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Former United Players

1347 replies to this topic

#31   Bill Nicholson

Bill Nicholson

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

He left Man Utd because he wasn't playing enough, now he's complaining about playing too much. Sounds like a spoilt brat.

#32   smithyronny

smithyronny
  • Members
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Fav PlayersAnderson
  • SupportsManchester United, Socceroos

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

He is.

Posted Image
Huge thanks to Tamim. for the sig

Posted Image

#33   Prof. Rubik

Prof. Rubik

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

from a hard working player to a nobody, and now a joke!
Mahatma Gandhi never received the Nobel Peace Prize. [+] & Clicky

Posted Image : Posted Image

#34   GZA

GZA

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

David Beckham has played a crucial part in helping to take the LA Galaxy to their first Western Conference Championship in 3 years. Now its time to win the MLS Cup.

Posted Image

#35   Silky Johnson

Silky Johnson
  • Supporters
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Keane, RVP, Rooney, Bradley, Altidore.
  • SupportsManchester United, Los Angeles Galaxy, and USMNT.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:37 AM

After all the hate and animosity he brought to the team and the locker room I think things are finally going well and well, i kind of like the guy. I was there on Friday night and it was great to see beckham so happy for once, it seems like he is actually enjoying his time here for once (whether its real or fake is anyone's guess) and it would be so fucking great if we could win the MLS Cup this weekend. It would make everything worth it.

Posted Image

#36   Mania

Mania
  • Fav PlayersCleverson

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

I think the whole loan deal thing was a bit of a problem for him, and rightly so. He is never going to have a chance to go to WC2010 if he isn't playing beforehand. Good to see him playing with a smile on his face, cause Beckham is a United legend in my eyes.

FOREVERYMANCARELIGION
MUFCx

#37   ReDDevil9

ReDDevil9
  • Fav PlayersChicharito
  • SupportsManchester United & Brighton & Hove Albion

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

It’s Bath time for Cantona

ERIC CANTONA could be lured out of retirement to play for tiny Bath City - if the Somerset part-timers reach the FA Cup third round for the first time in 15 years.

That is the dream of award-winning film director and Bath fan Ken Loach.

Loach was the brains behind the recent cinema smash hit Looking for Eric, in which Manchester United legend Cantona played himself.

Cantona, 43, who retired from playing to become an actor hours after leading United to the 1997 Premier League title, sent the Blue Square South minnows a 'good luck' message before their shock first-round win over Grimsby.

Loach, 73, director of the 1960s TV series Z Cars and BAFTA-winning 1969 film Kes, cannot wait for City's second-round clash at Twerton Park today with Blue Square Premier rivals Forest Green Rovers.

And he said: "If I were writing Bath's Cup run for a film, the story would be us getting to the third round and then drawing Manchester United away.

"I would get Eric out of retirement and he would score the winning goal in front of the Stretford End, wearing our black and white shirt.

"When filming with Eric, I spoke to him a lot about Bath.

"I asked if he would come and do a Q and A evening to raise some money for the club and he obliged.

"He came down, posed with a Bath shirt on and spent a couple of hours chatting to supporters.

"I think a few people were surprised at how charming he was, far removed from the pictures they had seen of him snarling away and kicking that Crystal Palace supporter in the chest.

"I think Eric found the whole experience very liberating and took away some great memories.

"I spoke to him before the Grimsby game and he wished us luck, which was a nice boost for the players."

Loach has been a Bath supporter since the 1970s and is flying back from Madrid, where he has been promoting the Cantona film, for this afternoon's match.

He added: "It is going to be even tougher than the Grimsby game. We caught them at a good time and, though they are non-league, Forest Green are full-time so will be favourites. This is a big chance to get into the third-round draw. That would be a fantastic boost for the club, on and off the pitch.

"Grimsby was a great day but in many ways winning this one would be better."

The bad news for hosts Bath is that boss Adie Britton reckons his men will walk it - just like they did at Grimsby.

Britton said: "The joke around here is that I love a walk.

"Wherever we play, I'll take the lads for a stroll.

"There's something about a walk in the fresh air that concentrates the mind.

"Before the game at Grimsby I stopped the team coach at Cleethorpes and ordered all the lads to join me for a walk on the beach.

"We had a nice stroll along the sand but were nearly late for the match. We couldn't get some of the younger players out of the amusement arcades.

"We won't change our routine against Forest Green, even though we are at home. We're going to stay in a local hotel and then we'll have a walk in the morning. I'm not saying where, it'll be a nice surprise for the lads!"

Bath's clash with Forest Green and Barrow's trip to Oxford means at least two non-league clubs in the third round.

Britton, who has clearly not had a chat with Loach, insisted: "I won't talk about the third round yet, nor will my players.

"I've banned everybody at the club from talking about it. All I'll say is we've a great opportunity to give the club a life-changing experience.

"We've already secured the club's future for the rest of the season by making it this far in the FA Cup. If we manage to get further, it could change the direction of the club for ever."

Posted Image

I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch…That’s the school of Vila, of Benaiges, of Cruijff – Xavi Hernandez

#38   Silky Johnson

Silky Johnson
  • Supporters
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Keane, RVP, Rooney, Bradley, Altidore.
  • SupportsManchester United, Los Angeles Galaxy, and USMNT.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

Becks lost last weekend

#39   Deem

Deem

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

Spanish newspaper AS announced that Ronaldo does 3000 situps a day. Not bad. Apparently, when at Man Utd, no one could match him doing situps.

Marca editor Santi Segurola: “Busquets is the best kept secret in football.”

#40   Hyperdub

Hyperdub
  • Fav PlayersRémy Cabella.
  • SupportsCommon sense.

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

a Manucho just scored for Valladolid, I'm guessing it's the same one :g:

#41   bretless

bretless

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

:lol: It is. We managed to get rid of him sometime last year, amazingly.

Posted Image

#42   extinct

extinct
  • LocationMacedonia
  • Fav PlayersGiggs,Evra,Chicharito,Rafael <3
  • SupportsThe better side of Manchester

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:07 AM

Yeah, we actually got about 2 mil for him.Life's great isnt it?

And yeah, Ronaldo missed a penalty for Real, but later on he scored and got 2 yellow cards in 3 mins.

Posted Image
Feel the history through your veins son

#43   The Show Goes On

The Show Goes On

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:13 AM

Ronaldo got a few red cards when he was with us, he'll never learn. :)

#44   Kagamata

Kagamata
  • Fav PlayersChicharito | RVP | Nani
  • SupportsMan United

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:25 AM

Thankyou Carlos :ph34r:

Posted Image

#45   bretless

bretless

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:37 AM

Ronaldo is ridiculous.

Posted Image