TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Red Dead Redemption

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
260 replies to this topic

#16   Frketson

Frketson
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Fav PlayersRosario Dawson
  • SupportsFC Porto

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:46 AM

I played Call of Juarez and liked it so this looks really interesting. That being said, I'll probably wait for the reviews to start flooding in before I make my final decision.

The videos aren't enough to convince you?

#17   The Show Goes On

The Show Goes On

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

I don't part with my money easily. <_<

#18   Cicinho

Cicinho

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

They were for me. I got it pre ordered after watching the vidoes only to be disappointed. Arsenalman said it was coming out next month and I assumed around the 1st but its not till the 21st :(

#19   Corrupted Tongue

Corrupted Tongue
  • LocationLondon
  • SupportsThe Arsenal

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

A new video:

#20   ArsenalMan

ArsenalMan

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

Just one more month!
Posted Image

#21   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

Red Dead Redemption is set to hit the stores May 18th in North America and the 21st in Europe and Aurstraillia, and is a "spiritual successor" to 2004's Red Dead Revolver. The following below I have just taken from wikipedia for simplicity.

MULTIPLAYER ONLINE
nstead of lobby screens, the player is placed into the single-player map and given the freedom to explore with a lobby consisting of up to 16 people with the additional option of creating a "posse" ranging from 2-8 people. While exploring online the player's experience will share many of the same features which can be found in the single-player experience. At any given time the player is able to roam the country hunting game, search for unassuming, unsuspecting settlers out on the trail, serve vigilante justice by the gun, enjoy the scenic beauty of the expansive map, or assume the role of a lawman seeking to bring order to the chaos that was the west. Gunning down innocent civilians will warrant the same punishment as the character would receive in single-player while the player will be rewarded for completing challenges having to do with serving justice to bandits terrorizing the countryside. As the player climbs the ladder of experience (towards the level cap of 50) they will gain new, pre-selected character skins, titles, weapons, and modes of transportation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1xw8Kaeq8I

SINGLE PLAYER MODE
The game is set in America in the early 1900s; it focuses around a former outlaw, John Marston. Marston has been given the primary directive by government agents to kill or capture his former gang members, which includes his old 'friend' and gang leader Bill Williamson. If he does not do so, his family will pay the price. Along the way Marston is given work as the game will use open world with sandbox environments and a free-roaming ability. The environments include frontier towns, deserts, prairies, and mountain passes. The game features over 40 different types of animals that can be hunted including cattle, bison, beaver, bears, cougars, rattlesnakes, deer, wolves, mustangs, coyotes, wild boars, vultures, bighorn sheep, elk, ducks, other birds, and more to be revealed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E51-hKzlCKs

I hadn't really heard of it untill a couple days back, but the online modes look great.

#22   HassanTheGunner.

HassanTheGunner.
  • LocationCairo, Egypt
  • Fav PlayersThierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Zidane
  • SupportsThe Arsenal, Egyptian NT

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Seems nice, and people that like the Mexico type of wars will love this. But personally i wouldnt buy it.

Posted Image
Avatar by me, Signature by inside :)

#23   Cicinho

Cicinho

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

There was a thread for this like 6 topics down.

#24   ArsenalMan

ArsenalMan

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

Theres already a three page thread. You mods should know better :P
Posted Image

#25   SithAnakin

SithAnakin
  • LocationUnited States
  • SupportsLAG & MUFC

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:48 AM

Oh, man. This game's gonna be good. Here's to me getting killed by a bear on a badassery attempt. :cheers:

#26   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

There was a thread for this like 6 topics down.

Theres already a three page thread. You mods should know better :P

Ha, damn. Sorry guys, I've merged them both now.

#27   Frketson

Frketson
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Fav PlayersRosario Dawson
  • SupportsFC Porto

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

People really shouldn't post any new vids, it just keeps on getting me and more and more excited and i'm having trouble waiting another few weeks for it!

#28   HassanTheGunner.

HassanTheGunner.
  • LocationCairo, Egypt
  • Fav PlayersThierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Zidane
  • SupportsThe Arsenal, Egyptian NT

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

I changed my mind :P this is a must-get for me now. After watching all the videos im just in awe.

Posted Image
Avatar by me, Signature by inside :)

#29   Jiesen

Jiesen

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

May 18th can't get here any faster.

I got it on PS3.

Posted Image
Two pints of booze.
Tell me are you a badfish too?

#30   Brookes

Brookes
  • Supporters
  • LocationSydney | Porto
  • Fav PlayersKrul | Santon | Coloccini | Quaresma
  • SupportsNewcastle United | FC Porto

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

I got a feeling that this might just be the best game in a long long time. Looks amazing!! Can't wait any longer!

Pre-Ordered it today. :)

14tarsn.png