8 The Andrés Iniesta Luján Thread

465 replies to this topic

#61   Cicinho

Cicinho

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

BARCELONA..... THE ONLY CLUB IN SPAIN TO DO THE TRIPLETE

RE-OWNED

nice try though.... :)

Only team in Spain to win 9 european cups, 5 in a row and 32 like titles.

re-re-owned

you will always be in our shadow, your minor achievements are nothing compared to what we have done and will continue to do.

:lol: Sure, ignore the years of diving from the player and then look at a small sample of matches to somehow make a point?...How many La Liga matches have there been?...12, he's played only in half or something...Let's revisit when he's actually played a number of matches

Meanwhile, let's not forget who the player is

He has turned over a new leaf, he doesn't dive here like he did in the premiership and if you have watched him so far you would see that too.

#62   Roger

Roger

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

Would you say someone who kills one person is better than someone who kills 5 people?

No, but if the guy who killed 5 people suddenly puffed his chest out and accused the guy who killed 1 person of being a murderer, I find it laughable.

----------------------------------------------

Anyhow......

This thread is going nowhere fast. I think we can all agree that CR96 was a diver, and may still be, time will tell. We can also agree that Iniesta does go down with minimal or soft contact similar to Kaka, Deco, Guti and some other players we've all known. We can call it a dive or not, but it doesn't change the fact that they do it. Let's not ruin the Iniesta thread with this kind of crap though. We have two Barca haters in here, and we're all just giving them what they want by arguing it with them. Ignore them, you'll never convince them of anything.

By the way, warning for both sides: Anymore of the off-topic 'owned and re-owned' crap will result in a warn. Stay on topic please.

Roger

Posted Image

#63   Lucho Gonzalez.

Lucho Gonzalez.
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal.
  • Fav PlayersLucho, Mangala, PEPE, Jackson Martinez.
  • SupportsFC PORTO.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:03 PM

Serious Madridista myopia, son...You must be living in denial or one helluva bubble to somehow lump CR with Iniesta...It's not even a rational discussion <_<

But, sure, in your world, I'm sure it appears that Andres & CR are cut from the same cloth wrt diving :rolleyes:

What kind of logic is this?

You justify Iniesta's diving with Ronaldo being a bigger diver, therefore you say Ronaldo can't accuse Iniesta of diving and thus Iniesta is not a diver. This makes as much sense as you sugar-coating Dani Alves' actions by saying he "makes a meal out of tackles". So hypocritical. If we go by this then no one ever dives, they just "make a meal out of tackles".

On a side note, I'm a big fan of Iniesta and I hate Ronaldo, so dont accuse me of being biased. And try to be objective for once, you're probably the most biased fan I've came across on this forum. Take off your red and blue tinted glasses for once.

BARCELONA..... THE ONLY CLUB IN SPAIN TO DO THE TRIPLETE
RE-OWNED

nice try though.... :)

what kind of post is this? "re-owned"? what are you, 5?

This thread is going nowhere fast. I think we can all agree that CR96 was a diver, and may still be, time will tell. We can also agree that Iniesta does go down with minimal or soft contact similar to Kaka, Deco, Guti and some other players we've all known. We can call it a dive or not, but it doesn't change the fact that they do it. Let's not ruin the Iniesta thread with this kind of crap though. We have two Barca haters in here, and we're all just giving them what they want by arguing it with them. Ignore them, you'll never convince them of anything.

Fair enough, Roger. Just had to say that. Feel free to delete my post.

A wise man once said:

Try this out. When she is about to say yes or no, pull back and say, "nah, I change my mind" and sort of walk away.

See what she does then. You will have basically turned the tables on her. Tried this a few times, always works.

"Well, that was fun... in a fuckin' terrible, sick, not-at-all-fun way."

#64   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte
  • Fav PlayersMessi-ah, Don Andrés, Tello & Neymar!
  • SupportsPure Joy - Barça

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

What kind of logic is this?

You justify Iniesta's diving with Ronaldo being a bigger diver, therefore you say Ronaldo can't accuse Iniesta of diving and thus Iniesta is not a diver. This makes as much sense as you sugar-coating Dani Alves' actions by saying he "makes a meal out of tackles". So hypocritical. If we go by this then no one ever dives, they just "make a meal out of tackles".

On a side note, I'm a big fan of Iniesta and I hate Ronaldo, so dont accuse me of being biased. And try to be objective for once, you're probably the most biased fan I've came across on this forum. Take off your red and blue tinted glasses for once.

My last point on this, as well.

As Roga pointed out, diving and going to ground easily are two different things...I'd say that Iniesta goes down too easily for my taste but that's a far cry, IMHO, to diving - same applies to Dani...Herein lies the key difference, without being touched, Andres is not going to go down...CR?...You know the answer.

My point about mentioning one in the same breath as the other is that it's ludicrous...One is a habitual diver and he's found complaining as well as accusing another of doing what he does?...The logic in that is clear, it's hypocrisy as well impossible for CR to be one to complain/judge.

Lumping the world's most notorious diver with Andres is an insult apart from being patently ridiculous...You don't have to take my 'bias' for it, you could poll the planet of fans and I suspect you wouldn't ever see/read Andres lumped in the same sentence as CR when it comes to simulation.

"Barcelona are technically and tactically superior to everyone. They are the essence of football – a joy to watch."

Marco Van Basten

#65   Iniesta Da Homewrecka

Iniesta Da Homewrecka
  • LocationUS
  • Fav PlayersThe Whole FC Barcelona Squad
  • SupportsBarcelona, USMNT, and Brasil NT.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

what kind of post is this? "re-owned"? what are you, 5?

no i'm not a number... I'm a human being.. :)

Who cares about who's diving and what not... doesn't take away from the fact that Iniesta is a legend already and he has plenty of years left in him. I would take Iniesta over CR96 any day.... barca fan or not... I'm a fan of futbol and would rather have someone like Iniesta on my squad.

Oh and Roga... sorry bud... didn't mean to get off topic and it's totally my fault. I'll refrain from anymore of that back and forth mess.

The best thing about this debate is that it seems to have put to bed the silly question of whether Messi is the best player in the world right now. Anyone who imagines that Cristiano Ronaldo is better is either uninformed or tribally prejudiced. Or just plain football dumb. Ronaldo can make something out of something – a goal from a free kick, a long-distance shot when a gap opens, a towering header in the penalty box – with awesome regularity. Messi makes something out of nothing all the time. - John Carlin

#66   GZA

GZA

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

No, but if the guy who killed 5 people suddenly puffed his chest out and accused the guy who killed 1 person of being a murderer, I find it laughable.

Laughable in the same way that Barcelona fans slag Ronaldo constantly yet fail to acknowledge they have players on their squad that do it also? If Iniesta had to cope with what Ronaldo did in the EPL I wouldn't be surprised at all if he dived with no contact opposed to this "diving with contact".

Its not about hating Barcelona its about continuous slagging of Ronaldo when in the Clasico Alves and Iniesta went down numerous times with Ronaldo diving maybe once on that PK call. Its ridiculous that you can point the finger and laugh at Rolondo but when one of your own is talked about in regards to diving fans look for any reason they can find to defend him like "he only dives when he gets minimal contact".

Posted Image

#67   xaviesta

xaviesta
  • LocationLand of Lincoln
  • Fav PlayersAll the Barca players past and present
  • SupportsPep Guardiola's Dream Team

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

All of you need to shut the fuck up and stop bitching like fucking little girls. This thread deserves better than 3 pages of back and forth bullshit.

Anyway back on Iniesta.

-------------------------------------

I was a little surprised that a quiet player like Iniesta would actually get upset. I got a bit scared :unsure:

follow me at @eduardogsr1990
thebenchwarmerschicago.wordpress.com

#68   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

Facebook seeing an explosion of groups heralding the actions of Iniesta towards Clownaldo during the Clasico...One group has around 100k members but many other groups have cropped up, as well...Seems like the planet was very much behind the mild mannered Don's reaction

Posted Image

"Barcelona are technically and tactically superior to everyone. They are the essence of football – a joy to watch."

Marco Van Basten

#69   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

Posted Image

Marco Van Basten

#70   Jag

Jag
  • Moderators
  • LocationCanada
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Batistuta
  • SupportsFC Barcelona, Argentina

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

:lol: That is brilliant.

Posted Image

#71   Roger

Roger

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:17 AM

Look at the image they used for Inesita in their poll: http://www.marca.com...aciones644.html

:lol:

Posted Image

Roger

Posted Image

#72   Jag

Jag
  • Moderators
  • LocationCanada
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Batistuta
  • SupportsFC Barcelona, Argentina

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

:lol: It's even crazier when you actually visit that page and see how he pales in comparison. Sorry, that one was too easy.

Posted Image

#73   Kuka

Kuka
  • LocationPune, India
  • Fav PlayersXavi, Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldinho
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

THAT goal scored by the Don last season has been nominated for the inaugural ‘Puskas Award’ that will be awarded to a player from either the men’s or women’s game judged to have scored the best goal of the year. The winner will be decided by the fans through an online poll.

Here's the link to the FIFA website which has the online poll > Clicky

Get to voting people!!

One life. Why so serious?

#74   Sextuple

Sextuple
  • Members
  • Fav PlayersArshavin | Kolarov | Aimar | Cáceres

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

Done!

What makes me appreciate that goal even more than the obvious reasons, is that Andres hasn't scored since then. He's had lots of 'easy' chances to get his name on the scoresheet *xerez anyone?* yet his finishing failed him. I'm afraid it was a once-in-a-lifetime goal. I really hope he works more on that aspect of his game, and gets more involved with the team. Something tells me he hasn't fully recovered yet from the hamstring injury.

Posted Image

#75   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

How much will the Don be missed? :whistling:

Marco Van Basten