TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

8 The Andrés Iniesta Luján Thread

465 replies to this topic

#46   Iniesta Da Homewrecka

Iniesta Da Homewrecka
  • LocationUS
  • Fav PlayersThe Whole FC Barcelona Squad
  • SupportsBarcelona, USMNT, and Brasil NT.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

Are you serious? So because a player plays for your team then you wont admit his flaws?

I get where you're coming from but besides that.... for someone like CR96 to cry about someone else's diving... especially someone who doesn't have a reputation for diving (Iniesta is not known for simulation)... well that's a bit ludicrous and downright hypocritical don't you think (considering there are LOTS of video compilations of just dives from CR96 lol)?

The best thing about this debate is that it seems to have put to bed the silly question of whether Messi is the best player in the world right now. Anyone who imagines that Cristiano Ronaldo is better is either uninformed or tribally prejudiced. Or just plain football dumb. Ronaldo can make something out of something – a goal from a free kick, a long-distance shot when a gap opens, a towering header in the penalty box – with awesome regularity. Messi makes something out of nothing all the time. - John Carlin

#47   Roger

Roger

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

Iniesta does go down easy, but always with contact. It's not the same as a dive really. I relate Iniesta to what Kaka does actually, both go down very easy looking for the foul in dangerous areas. Some call that a dive, but both actually wait for contact (foul) before doing it, then force the ref to make the call (or not).

What CR96 tends to do, or at least used to do, who knows if he will continue the trend at RM or not, is more of the no contact dive stuff. I have not seen him doing it this season actually, but he hasn't played a lot either.

Roger

Posted Image

#48   Cicinho

Cicinho

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

Or, perhaps the audacity of comparing a player going to ground too easily in the same breath as CR is madness

So because 1 player has a rep for going down, he is not allowed to accuse another of going down easliy?

#49   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte
  • Fav PlayersMessi-ah, Don Andrés, Tello & Neymar!
  • SupportsPure Joy - Barça

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

This one is always a dandy...But, of course, there are MANY

Posted Image

In general, the formula remains the same: Posted Image

"Barcelona are technically and tactically superior to everyone. They are the essence of football – a joy to watch."

Marco Van Basten

#50   GZA

GZA

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

Iniesta does go down easy, but always with contact. It's not the same as a dive really. I relate Iniesta to what Kaka does actually, both go down very easy looking for the foul in dangerous areas. Some call that a dive, but both actually wait for contact (foul) before doing it, then force the ref to make the call (or not).

What CR96 tends to do, or at least used to do, who knows if he will continue the trend at RM or not, is more of the no contact dive stuff. I have not seen him doing it this season actually, but he hasn't played a lot either.

So deceiving the ref and deceiving the ref are two different things?

Ive also seen Iniesta dive with little to no contact before so the whole "he always gets contact" is pretty much a farce.

Maybe Iniesta just has weak legs?

Posted Image

#51   Cicinho

Cicinho

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

In general, the formula remains the same

You could try to pull up some for Iniesta, but not that many people outside Spain knew who he was until a year ago.

#52   Iniesta Da Homewrecka

Iniesta Da Homewrecka
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about too Roga but I actually feel what Iniesta and Kaka do are not dives. What CR96 used to do ( as shown by FCBarca) or may still do is what I consider a dive. Oh well I say... it's really up to the ref to call it though.

The best thing about this debate is that it seems to have put to bed the silly question of whether Messi is the best player in the world right now. Anyone who imagines that Cristiano Ronaldo is better is either uninformed or tribally prejudiced. Or just plain football dumb. Ronaldo can make something out of something – a goal from a free kick, a long-distance shot when a gap opens, a towering header in the penalty box – with awesome regularity. Messi makes something out of nothing all the time. - John Carlin

#53   GZA

GZA

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

In general, the formula remains the same:

Im sure you would see much of the same if Iniesta was playing in the EPL and heralded as one of the best in the league, thankfully hes not and the Spanish media dont care nearly as much about diving as the English media does. It would be so funny to see what kind of reputation Cristiano Ronaldo would have diving wise if he went straight to La Liga and never ventured into the EPL.

Posted Image

#54   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

You could try to pull up some for Iniesta, but not that many people outside Spain knew who he was until a year ago.

Serious Madridista myopia, son...You must be living in denial or one helluva bubble to somehow lump CR with Iniesta...It's not even a rational discussion <_<

But, sure, in your world, I'm sure it appears that Andres & CR are cut from the same cloth wrt diving :rolleyes:

"Barcelona are technically and tactically superior to everyone. They are the essence of football – a joy to watch."

Marco Van Basten

#55   Iniesta Da Homewrecka

Iniesta Da Homewrecka
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56   Cicinho

Cicinho

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:34 PM

Serious Madridista myopia, son...You must be living in denial or one helluva bubble to somehow lump CR with Iniesta...It's not even a rational discussion <_<

But, sure, in your world, I'm sure it appears that Andres & CR are cut from the same cloth wrt diving :rolleyes:

Pull up a couple of dives of Ronaldo in a Madrid shirt, he has had enough games...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57   Jag

Jag
  • Moderators
  • LocationCanada
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Batistuta
  • SupportsFC Barcelona, Argentina

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image

:lol: I remember watching that game. Lampard turned back and had a laugh about it himself too after the ref awarded the foul in Christina's favour.

Posted Image

#58   GZA

GZA

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

A diver is a diver no matter how prolific so that argument is moot at best. Would you say someone who kills one person is better than someone who kills 5 people?

Meh seems like Barca fans are just in denial. Love to slag on Ronaldo but will never admit when one of their own is a diver.

Posted Image

#59   Iniesta Da Homewrecka

Iniesta Da Homewrecka
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

Pull up a couple of dives of Ronaldo in a Madrid shirt, he has had enough games...

BARCELONA..... THE ONLY CLUB IN SPAIN TO DO THE TRIPLETE

RE-OWNED

nice try though.... :)

#60   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

:lol: Sure, ignore the years of diving from the player and then look at a small sample of matches to somehow make a point?...How many La Liga matches have there been?...12, he's played only in half or something...Let's revisit when he's actually played a number of matches

Meanwhile, let's not forget who the player is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjv6kUh4vc

Marco Van Basten