465 replies to this topic

#1   Vikipedia

Vikipedia
  • Spain Moderators
  • Fav PlayersXavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Busquets
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:26 PM

Posted Image

Iniesta is probably one of the most exciting and thrilling players on the planet. Discuss his rise to stardom in the past year and how good can he become.

"Messi is the one who makes the difference, who takes us to another level. He'll never be repeated. He's the best player I've ever seen, the best player I'll ever coach." - Pep Guardiola

#2   Don Andres

Don Andres
  • Supporters
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

Iniesta started for the Spain National team after missing 11 matches. He received a knock on the same area where he sustained his latest injury but fortunately nothing to worry. Seriously, I doubt want him to get injured. I will also not like jinx this. Meanwhile, this is what he had said after the match.

“It’s been too long. Today I have played for a while and on Wednesday I hope to do again. I’m glad to have played again after (missing) eleven matches”.

“Fortunately the blow that I have taken is not significant at all, although it was where I had the injury. It seems when you have something (injury), all the blows are going to that area but it is insignificant,” he added. Iniesta also highlighted the difficulty involved in playing against an opponent who never stops fighting, like Armenia, even though they already have achieved their World Cup qualification spot.

“It was not easy and they have gained our respect, the professionalism (shown by) of our opponents, and it is especially (difficult) when you are trying to collect full points – a record ten wins – during this qualification (rounds). This is the incentive (we need) when we go to Bosnia. To get the three points,”

#3   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

Iniesta hat-trick this season. I can feel it.

#4   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte
  • Fav PlayersMessi-ah, Don Andrés, Tello & Neymar!
  • SupportsPure Joy - Barça

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

Iniesta hat-trick this season. I can feel it.

Wouldn't that be something...I'll settle for a brace from the lad...At this point, starting every match would be nice too

"Barcelona are technically and tactically superior to everyone. They are the essence of football – a joy to watch."

Marco Van Basten

#5   Vikipedia

Vikipedia
  • Spain Moderators
  • Fav PlayersXavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Busquets
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

SPORT reports that Iniesta trained normally with the team today, so those injury niggles were only niggles, thank God.
"Messi is the one who makes the difference, who takes us to another level. He'll never be repeated. He's the best player I've ever seen, the best player I'll ever coach." - Pep Guardiola

#6   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

SPORT reports that Iniesta trained normally with the team today, so those injury niggles were only niggles, thank God.

Indeed good news...I happened to be watching the match when it happened 'live' (Ok, it was a stream)...I was struggling to remember which thigh had been previously injured because he was laying there on the ground...I was a bit concerned...Hope this means his return to fitness won't be hampered with it though

"Barcelona are technically and tactically superior to everyone. They are the essence of football – a joy to watch."

Marco Van Basten

#7   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

:whistling:

Posted Image

Marco Van Basten

#8   Roger

Roger

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:20 AM

never get sick of seeing that :thumbsup2:

Roger

Posted Image

#9   deka-

deka-
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Fav PlayersIniesta - Xavi - Defoe - Modric - Silva
  • SupportsFC Barcelona - Tottenham Hotspur

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:45 AM

Hypnotic. :mellow:

#10   Zin

Zin
  • Spain Moderators
  • LocationMississippi
  • Fav PlayersAbidal, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Neymar
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

If you look at this last game against Zaragoza:

Iniesta is fouled for the FK, which Zlatan scores from.

Iniesta passes to Messi to chip over Carrizo for 5-1

Iniesta sends in the corner for Keita to head in for 6-1

Potentially 3 assists, depending on how you count them, but two for sure in a game where Ghostface was quietly efficient. Doesn't always produce the bang with his mesmerizing runs and attitude, but gets it done quietly with minimal fuss.

It's displays like this from Iniesta this past weekend that make me thoroughly believe that this is a better team than the one which won the Treble.

!!!! I AM TOTALLY KEVIN !!!!

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Tiki-Taka Best Moderator of 2012
Tiki-Taka Best Thread "At the Bar" of 2012

#11   Capita

Capita
  • Fav PlayersLeo Messi and Andres Iniesta
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

Potentially 3 assists, depending on how you count them, but two for sure in a game where Ghostface was quietly efficient. Doesn't always produce the bang with his mesmerizing runs and attitude, but gets it done quietly with minimal fuss.

It's displays like this from Iniesta this past weekend that make me thoroughly believe that this is a better team than the one which won the Treble.

It's great to see Andres being effective even if he isn't as obviously influential via dribbling and spinning between Gago and Lass, but don't you think that's going a bit far Cam? It was only Zaragoza after all. I'm glad the team got out of their FIFA virus, but I'd be more inclined to agree with you if this sort of efficiency was seen from Andres against one of our bogey sides like Espanyol, or Villarreal, Atletico away.

Capità

Posted Image

#12   Zin

Zin
  • Spain Moderators
  • LocationMississippi
  • Fav PlayersAbidal, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Neymar
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:31 AM

I suppose, but all the games count the same amount, regardless of the opposition. A game like that which we played against Zaragoza is a great one for confidence building, and just the sort of match we need to get everything back under our feet and on our way to bashing everyone else. Iniesta is someone who thrives on consistency and building on 6-1 will get him on his merry way to face palming the rest of La Liga and Europe.

I admit I am overzealous when giving superlatives to our men, but I had yet to see anyone mention Andres in the match, even though he was quietly efficient. He'll be around for our boogey sides like you mentioned, and I know he'll perform, he has yet to let us down when we needed him most. 93r, 2-0, 6-2 the most recent ones.

!!!! I AM TOTALLY KEVIN !!!!

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Tiki-Taka Best Moderator of 2012
Tiki-Taka Best Thread "At the Bar" of 2012

#13   Kuka

Kuka
  • LocationPune, India
  • Fav PlayersXavi, Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldinho
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

I suppose, but all the games count the same amount, regardless of the opposition. A game like that which we played against Zaragoza is a great one for confidence building, and just the sort of match we need to get everything back under our feet and on our way to bashing everyone else. Iniesta is someone who thrives on consistency and building on 6-1 will get him on his merry way to face palming the rest of La Liga and Europe.

I admit I am overzealous when giving superlatives to our men, but I had yet to see anyone mention Andres in the match, even though he was quietly efficient. He'll be around for our boogey sides like you mentioned, and I know he'll perform, he has yet to let us down when we needed him most. 93r, 2-0, 6-2 the most recent ones.

I did mention about his performance in the match thread Clicky :P

There was also that run of his in the build-up to Ibra's second goal in which he took on 2-3 Zaragoza defenders and then passed the ball onto Keita (who ultimately crossed it to Ibra). Although that won't count as an assist, but he still did play an important part in that goal imo.

Can you please elaborate a bit on that, Cam? I know I am going off-topic here, but I think it's a wee bit early to make such a comparison. They certainly have the potential to emulate last season's heroics, but I feel we should wait atleast till the winter break to come to any such conclusions.

One life. Why so serious?

#14   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

Very kewl interactive graphic at Marca.com of all places of the Don

El Crack Silencioso

Sexy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW0Zw4ae6Go

Marco Van Basten

#15   FCBarça

FCBarça
  • LocationLa Côte

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

The Don had his contract extended to 2015...Buyout, 200 million €s...Pique next?...I hope Yaya gets his money!

Marco Van Basten