3961 replies to this topic

#16   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • SupportsPorto, Freamunde, Sydney, Portugal & Australia

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

Good to see you DH!

BTW, Australia v Oman match thread is up in the Asian forum: http://www.tiki-taka...australia-oman/

#17   Frketson

Frketson
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Fav PlayersRosario Dawson
  • SupportsFC Porto

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

everyones here again, feels like only yesterday that we switched forums....

*flashback*

#18   No Use For A Name

No Use For A Name
  • Members
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia
  • SupportsAdelaide United, Manchester united

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:47 AM

Yeah. I believe he has continued his record of never seeing Adelaide score an away goal.

0 goals scored. 19 goals conceded. 0 points.

Friday night was only the 4th clean sheet Velaphi has kept in 31 games. I can't see us scoring away in Melbourne, Sydney or Gold Coast so the record might continue for the rest of the season :(

#19   Poldi.

Poldi.
  • LocationHobart, Australia
  • Fav PlayersCazorla, Podolski, Mertesacker, Vermaelen
  • SupportsArsenal

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:34 AM

0 goals scored. 19 goals conceded. 0 points.

Friday night was only the 4th clean sheet Velaphi has kept in 31 games. I can't see us scoring away in Melbourne, Sydney or Gold Coast so the record might continue for the rest of the season :(

Nice to see you back mate and good to see that you were there to watch the game. :lol:

Posted Image

#20   Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Fav PlayersTorres, Gerrard, Agger, Alonso, Reina
  • SupportsLiverpool, Melbourne Victory FC

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:36 AM

I was speaking to Luca the other day on MSN and he was talking about how he met Kuyt and Babel at their hotel. Apparently Babel has a poor attitude and is a dick because he wouldn't wait for them to find a texta, while Kuyt is humble and awesome because he did. I'm thinking that Babel just doesn't like Sydney, like the rest of us.
1898 - Friedrich Nietzsche "God is dead"
1900 - God "Nietzsche is dead"

#21   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

Well, Babel is a rapper. You know what they say about rappers. Kuijt is ugly. Ugly people are always nice.

My friend was in the city early one morning last week and was strolling about when he thought he caught a glimpse of a Netherlands tracksuit. He looked again and realised it was Huntelaar. He went over, introduced himself, and chat for a couple of minutes. Said Huntelaar was surprised anybody recognised him, as he was under the impression that people weren't really keen on football in Australia. He was with two members of the coaching staff, apparently, as his English isn't too good.

#22   Hobbes

Hobbes
  • LocationAKL. TKY.
  • SupportsUnited. Japan NT.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

Here to provide some much-needed NZ input in the Australian forum. Why can't NZ play home matches against some impressive European NTs like Australia? I wouldn't mind meeting Huntelaar and co. Maybe we will once/if we qualify for South Africa.

Anyone really fussed about the upcoming Asian Cup qualifiers?

Posted Image

#23   Poldi.

Poldi.
  • SupportsArsenal

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:00 AM

I just couldn't imagine walking down the street and seeing Huntelaar. It would be amazingly bizarre and I'd be far too hesitant to approach him and start up a conversation.

Here to provide some much-needed NZ input in the Australian forum. Why can't NZ play home matches against some impressive European NTs like Australia? I wouldn't mind meeting Huntelaar and co. Maybe we will once/if we qualify for South Africa.

Anyone really fussed about the upcoming Asian Cup qualifiers?

These are probably the reasons why(IMO):
  • To begin with, the quality of the national team isn't good enough and they'd be slaughtered on sight by any impressive European national team.
  • Probably won't have enough people supporting such an event for there to be profit(and if there was to be enough support, most of it would've come from Australia B) ).
  • Not a good enough pitch/facilities (I know hardly anything about New Zealand in terms of their football pitches, but i doubt they'll be anything amazingly good).
All in all, the chances are very low of you guys welcoming in big teams in the near future.

Posted Image

#24   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:00 AM

I should have gone to the Australia-Argentina game in Melbourne and scoured out the city until I found Messi, so I could hump his leg.

#25   No Use For A Name

No Use For A Name
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:01 AM

I was speaking to Luca the other day on MSN and he was talking about how he met Kuyt and Babel at their hotel. Apparently Babel has a poor attitude and is a dick because he wouldn't wait for them to find a texta, while Kuyt is humble and awesome because he did. I'm thinking that Babel just doesn't like Sydney, like the rest of us.

I saw a picture of him with Sneijder as well. Not surprised at all to hear that about Babel either.

Anyone really fussed about the upcoming Asian Cup qualifiers?<br />

We're in a bit of trouble, so yes I suddenly do care about them.

#26   Hobbes

Hobbes
  • LocationAKL. TKY.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:04 AM

These are probably the reasons why(IMO):

• To begin with, the quality of the national team isn't good enough and they'd be slaughtered on sight by any impressive European national team.
  • Probably won't have enough people supporting such an event for there to be profit(and if there was to be enough support, most of it would've come from Australia B) ).
  • Not a good enough pitch/facilities (I know hardly anything about New Zealand in terms of their football pitches, but i doubt they'll be anything amazingly good).
All in all, the chances are very low of you guys welcoming in big teams in the near future.

All very good reasons. Sigh. Way to kill the dream. Guess I'll have to PacificBlue my ass over the ditch if I want to see some genuine European talent.

We're in a bit of trouble, so yes I suddenly do care about them.

The Netherlands game was that bad?

Posted Image

#27   No Use For A Name

No Use For A Name
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:09 AM

The Netherlands game was that bad?

It was, but no, it's because we're bottom of our AFC Asian Cup qualifying group. 1 point from 2 matches is not good enough so it's time to take it seriously as another loss this week to see us in danger of not qualifying. Can't take it for granted.

#28   Hobbes

Hobbes
  • LocationAKL. TKY.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:13 AM

Ouch. Didn't know that. 1 out of a possible 6 points is quite poor. Guess it's serious time. Although it would be hard, Asian Cup qualifying matches can't be the most inspiring to play in.

Posted Image

#29   Poldi.

Poldi.
  • SupportsArsenal

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:06 AM

Our poor Asian Cup performances have probably been due to us putting out crappy teams and focusing on the World Cup qualifiers. I think that now the WC qualifiers are over, we'll be focusing more on Asian Cup games(like the one against Oman), i we'll start seeing better results. I'm not worried at all.

Posted Image

#30   Hobbes

Hobbes
  • LocationAKL. TKY.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

Fair cop. I don't see any cause for concern just yet, I'd say the team will pull finger and perform now that they've had a wake-up call.

Posted Image