TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

NeoBux

Copa del Rey: Will it end with a classic?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#16   Artur Mas i Gavarró

Artur Mas i Gavarró
  • Fav PlayersRaúl González Blanco; Aleksandr Mostovoi
  • SupportsCelta Vigo & Spain

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

Haha you petty, petty man. If you had watched the match you would have noticed Diego Lopez take down Iago Aspas in the area (63 minunte) in what should have been a penalty and red card for the Villarreal keeper that was somehow not called.

VITRIOLIC

#17   Artur Mas i Gavarró

Artur Mas i Gavarró

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:46 AM

...and Barcelona are out despite the referee's best effort. Sevilla are now the favorites to win this tournament after eliminating Barcelona on the away goal rule (2-2).

Osasuna, Racing, Depor, Getafe, Sevilla and Celta are already through with two more matches on Thursday.

VITRIOLIC

#18   Dreydon

Dreydon
  • Banned
  • Fav PlayersRMCF #1-25
  • SupportsReal Madrid CF

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:25 AM

What a performance from Palop though, eh? He was just brilliant tonight.

#19   Artur Mas i Gavarró

Artur Mas i Gavarró

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:11 AM

Ay, there is a reason why he makes the NT. I'll always remember his last minute header in a UEFA cup knock out round a few years back.

Sevilla went on to win the Uefa cup that year. Will Palop's pivotal effort against Barcelona foreshadow another title for Sevilla this season?

VITRIOLIC

#20   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters
  • SupportsClaudia Cardinale

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:21 AM

...and Barcelona are out despite the referee's best effort. Sevilla are now the favorites to win this tournament after eliminating Barcelona on the away goal rule (2-2).

Osasuna, Racing, Depor, Getafe, Sevilla and Celta are already through with two more matches on Thursday.

It's Depor - Sevilla next, right? That's a tough one to call. Depor beat Sevilla in el Riazor earlier this season and the Andalucans are in dreadful form in la Liga.

I think all teams will be fancying their chances with four of the big six teams already out.

Derek

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#21   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

It's almost half time at Mallorca - Rayo Vallecano and it's still goalless. The visitors won the first match 2-1, they're leading on aggregate. In the previous round they knocked out Athletic, so this is an impressive Copa-campaign by the Madrileans, considering they were playing with their reserves in all the matches. I've been following them a little this season and although thus far they're a little disappointing in the Liga Adelante, I'm glad to see them do so well in the Copa. Would be great if two Liga Adelante teams would be able to qualify for the quarter finals, after everyone saying that the Copa wasn't competitive enough.

Edit: One minute before half time, Piti scores: Rayo one up!

Edit 2: Damn, Mallorca have completely turned it around and remain unbeaten on their island this season. Mario Surez just scored the 3-1 in injury time, to prevent extra time. Mallorca to the quarters.

Derek

#22   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

Posted Image

Enero = January
Febrero = February
Mayo = May

Seems like the four strongest teams in la Liga this season are all on the same side

Derek

#23   Artur Mas i Gavarró

Artur Mas i Gavarró

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

I cannot believe that Atletico turned the tie around... fuck! I'm hoping that the apathetic version of Atletico shows up against Celta, and not the Kun-Forlan goal fest Atletico.

VITRIOLIC

#24   Il Statto

Il Statto
  • Administrators
  • LocationEngland
  • SupportsJuventus

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

It's Depor - Sevilla next, right? That's a tough one to call. Depor beat Sevilla in el Riazor earlier this season and the Andalucans are in dreadful form in la Liga.

I think all teams will be fancying their chances with four of the big six teams already out.

Luis Fabiano should be back, as should the African Cup of Nations lot too, so we'll be a much stronger outfit than we have been recently. If our first team is all fit and able, then i think we'll progress.

A Sevilla vs Atletico final would be a good spectacle!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"A legend like John, Lennon I'm a dreamer... Tried to fuck the world, she only let me finger..."

- Common (The Dreamer)

#25   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

Getafe prove once again that they're real cupfighters, by beating Real Mallorca 1-2, on the island. This season that is a very impressive deed. If Getafe advance, then that will be the fourt time in five seasons that they reach the semi finals of the Copa del Rey.

Derek

#26   Il Statto

Il Statto
  • Administrators
  • LocationEngland
  • SupportsJuventus

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:51 AM

Geta always seem to do well in Cup Competitions, similarly to ourselves. I fully expect us to progress to meet the victor of that tie, after our convincing 3-0 victory at the Riazor! It'd just be nice if we could translate some of this cup form, into a good run in the league..
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"A legend like John, Lennon I'm a dreamer... Tried to fuck the world, she only let me finger..."

- Common (The Dreamer)

#27   Artur Mas i Gavarró

Artur Mas i Gavarró

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

Quarter final results:

Racing 2 Osasuna 1 Finaliz.
Atltico 1 Celta 1 Finaliz.
Mallorca 1 Getafe 2 Finaliz.
Deportivo 0 Sevilla 3 Finaliz.

VITRIOLIC

#28   Sergio Lopez

Sergio Lopez
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:29 AM

Copa del Rey. Quarter final, first leg.

Sevilla are virtually sure of a place in the semi-finals after a 0-3 victory at Deportivo. Local coach Miguel Angel Lotina put out a five man defence to try to stop the Andalusians, but midway through the first half Negredo collected a cross from Jess Navas to beat Manu and open the scoring. Depor's Juan Rodrguez headed against the post and Antonio Toms missed a good chance either side of half time. But the visitors scored twice in a two minute period to wrap things up, substitute Perotti crossing in for Renato to head the second, and Navas making it three after good work from Negredo.

Getafe are also well on the way to a third semi-final appearance in four years after beating Mallorca 1-2 in the San Moix stadium. Soldado and Manu del Moral caused serious problems for the locals before Manu volleyed in a Pedro Ros cross five minutes after the restart. And new signing Miku made it two with virtually his first touch for his new club after coming on as substitute midway through the second half, winning the ball off Rubn before beating Lux. Chori Castro got one back in injury time after Adurz set him up, but it was not enough to prevent a first home defeat of the season for the Islanders.

Second division Celta provided the surprise of the round, holding the mighty Atltico Madrid to a 1-1 draw in the Caldern stadium. The Galicians went ahead in only the third minute, Trashorras picking up a back-heel pass from Iago Aspas to beat De Gea. Eight minutes later new signing Tiago headed in Reyes's corner to equalise, but Trashorras was unlucky to see a free kick just clear the bar a few minutes later. And after the break the visitors dominated the game, De Gea having to make first class saves from Aspas and Trashorras to prevent Eusebio's team from coming away with a victory.

The tie between Racing Santander and Osasuna is wide open after the Cantabrians beat Camacho's side 2-1 earlier in the evening. Keepers Roberto and Mario were in action early on to save from Xisco and Monreal, but the goals didn't come until Colsa latched on to Toni Moral's cross to open the scoring from outside of the area twenty minutes in to the second half. Diop caught Roberto off his line to make it two with five minutes to go, but Pandiani picked up an assist from Camuas to curl a shot past Mario in the last minute, a vital away goal for the visitors.

#29   Artur Mas i Gavarró

Artur Mas i Gavarró

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

I can watch that goal all dayyyy.

VITRIOLIC

#30   Roger

Roger

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

Looks like Getafe is going to hold on to the away goals rule victory with only injury time left...... Mallorca on the way out unless they can pull it off in the last 3 minutes here.

Roger

Posted Image