TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

NeoBux

Spain vs Italy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
178 replies to this topic

#166   COYS

COYS
  • England Moderators
  • LocationLondon
  • SupportsTottenham Hotspur and England

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

I agree that Spain are one of the greatest national team of all-time, and that they're style of football is entertaining.

My point is, that that style of football only benefits national teams and club teams (very wealthy ones) who are fortunate enough to posses highly technical players, therefore I don't get the hype surrounding it.

I would be more impressed with a style of football which can bring the best out of average or mediocre players and allow them to perform as a team at a higher level than their technical ability would suggest.

Levy Out!

Posted Image

#167   Carl Monday

Carl Monday
  • LocationSydney
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Sneijder, Zidane, Pirlo, Gerrard
  • SupportsLiverpool

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

I agree that Spain are one of the greatest national team of all-time, and that they're style of football is entertaining.

My point is, that that style of football only benefits national teams and club teams (very wealthy ones) who are fortunate enough to posses highly technical players, therefore I don't get the hype surrounding it.

I would be more impressed with a style of football which can bring the best out of average or mediocre players and allow them to perform as a team at a higher level than their technical ability would suggest.

did you enjoy greece's euro 2004 win more than spain's recent euro/world cup wins?

Posted Image

everybody has an idol

#168   COYS

COYS
  • England Moderators
  • LocationLondon
  • SupportsTottenham Hotspur and England

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

did you enjoy greece's euro 2004 win more than spain's recent euro/world cup wins?

I enjoyed the fact that a 200/1 rank outsider who'd never previously won a match in the finals of the Euros or World Cup were able to go on and win the tournament. I think that is a massive achievement. It's probably the equivalent of Montpellier winning the Champions League or Newcastle Utd winning the Premier League given their pre-tournament odds.

I also enjoy any sort of contest in sport, whether it's football, horse racing, fighting, and one style versus another makes for a good contest.

From an entertainment perspective it's not the sort of football I enjoy watching at all, but I appreciate that on that occasion it achieved results so am respectful of it.

Levy Out!

Posted Image

#169   Dead Or Alive

Dead Or Alive
  • Fav PlayersScholes
  • SupportsMan Utd

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

Fair 'nuff, agree to disagree. I just wonder if it had been Italy, Germany or France that had done the triple title, would there be so many people objecting to the claim that this is one of the best national teams in Football history?

I dont disagree that Spain/Barca are perhaps the best football side in history.

292qhjp.jpg

#170   francis

francis
  • Supporters
  • LocationMontrey'all
  • Fav PlayersScholesa, Evra, Fletcha, Berba, Vida.
  • SupportsUtd.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

I think Spain is the most "efficient" team of all time. In terms of pure ability,Id rank 1970 Brazil above them for sure. If there's any other NT better than them, id have to think a while about.

Edited by 0, 04 July 2012 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image

#171   Becks

Becks
  • LocationNew York
  • Fav PlayersBeckham, Higuain, Casillas, Marcelo
  • SupportsReal Madrid Club de Fútbol

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

There isn't always a correlation between goals scored and entertainment value and over the past two tournaments Spain's most popular scoreline has been single goal victories. No one is objecting that this is one of the greatest teams ever, people just want to be entertained like 2008 Spain, or Germany in recent tourney's. If you're as good as you are don't settle for a single goal and pass the ball around for 80 minutes, run up the score and show everyone how good you are like Germany do

that sounds like EXACTLY what Spain did in the final.

The German style doesn't work unfortunately, its been 4 tournaments now where the germans have played absolutely fantastic football (PEAKED way too early) and fizzled out.

WC 2006 vs Italy
Euro 2008 - final
WC 2010- Spain
Euro 2012- Spain

To win a tournament you have to peak at the right time, germany tends to do this too early...same thing happened to holland in 2008

#172   Silky Johnson

Silky Johnson
  • Supporters
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Keane, RVP, Rooney, Bradley, Altidore.
  • SupportsManchester United, Los Angeles Galaxy, and USMNT.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

that sounds like EXACTLY what Spain did in the final.

The German style doesn't work unfortunately, its been 4 tournaments now where the germans have played absolutely fantastic football (PEAKED way too early) and fizzled out.

WC 2006 vs Italy
Euro 2008 - final
WC 2010- Spain
Euro 2012- Spain

To win a tournament you have to peak at the right time, germany tends to do this too early...same thing happened to holland in 2008

One game....like I said the most common score is a one goal victory.

241knxk.png

#173   Dead Or Alive

Dead Or Alive
  • Fav PlayersScholes
  • SupportsMan Utd

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

2-1 is the most common score line in Euro finals.
4-2 & 3-1are the most common score line in World Cup finals with three occurrences each.

292qhjp.jpg

#174   .Mario.

.Mario.
  • Moderators
  • LocationRecife-Brasil
  • Fav PlayersXaviesta-Messi-Oscar-Riquelme-Pirlo-Nesta
  • SupportsSport Club do Recife

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Wow, I'm late to this discussion, but holy crap with all the Hating on Spain! Porque, porque porque???

Stop it, Cam. You're sounding like Mourinho.

#175   Capita

Capita
  • Fav PlayersLeo Messi and Andres Iniesta
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Is that Cam though?

Capità

Posted Image

#176   Roger

Roger

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Is that Cam though?

Nope, that's my older brother. He rarely makes an appearance here, but that's him.

Roger

Posted Image

#177   .Mario.

.Mario.
  • Moderators
  • LocationRecife-Brasil

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

:lol: I saw the Bara logo and instantly thought it was Cam (@Zin). Didn't even look at mod status or number of posts.

#178   Zin

Zin
  • Spain Moderators
  • LocationMississippi
  • Fav PlayersAbidal, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Neymar
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

One big giant -1 for Mario. Son, I am disappoint.

!!!! I AM TOTALLY KEVIN !!!!

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Tiki-Taka Best Moderator of 2012
Tiki-Taka Best Thread "At the Bar" of 2012

#179   .Mario.

.Mario.
  • Moderators
  • LocationRecife-Brasil

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

It's alright, I still :wub: you.

(i'm sorry, okay?)