TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

NeoBux

El Camí A Wembley, Part Two

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
239 replies to this topic

#31   dansta

dansta
  • Fav PlayersMessi, L.Suarez, Cavani, Abel
  • SupportsC.A. Peñarol, Uruguay

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

outplayed in virtually every CL match?

Please..We had to win to by 2 goals against an in-form Napoli side and didn't we do it? and were we outplayed in that game?

Nowadays defending has become an under-appreciated and underrated aspect of the game and if any side exhibits it at the highest level to achieve their objectives they didn't deserve it.

Napoli was not in form, in fact that was probably their worst patch of the season. They were struggling to win in Serie A and were outside the top 4.

We defended very well in Lisbon too, Benfica had nothing going. The line between being outplayed and setting up defensively is vague, most just mix the two up together. The fact is, our defending and clinical finishing won this for us (with a fair amount of luck, admittedly). Benfica had cross after cross easily cleared away. Bayern had 30 or so corners, NONE troubled our defense, we had 1, we scored from it. We had 4 or 5 shots against Barcelona over the 2 legs, 3 resulted in a goal but still no credit given to us. To call our win an injustice is a very shortsighted view of the entire campaign.

Hmm, you did give up a lot of clear chances which could of easily resulted in losing very handsomely your last 4 games, and that's what I would call being outplayed. My main criticism of Chelsea is that they played pretty poorly and when you went all out at parking the bus you defended okay and made a lot of blocks and last ditch tackles but it was hardly a defending master class.

La PelotaNo Se Mancha

#32   Mane Garrincha

Mane Garrincha

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

We defended very well in Lisbon too, Benfica had nothing going. The line between being outplayed and setting up defensively is vague, most just mix the two up together. The fact is, our defending and clinical finishing won this for us (with a fair amount of luck, admittedly). Benfica had cross after cross easily cleared away. Bayern had 30 or so corners, NONE troubled our defense, we had 1, we scored from it. We had 4 or 5 shots against Barcelona over the 2 legs, 3 resulted in a goal but still no credit given to us. To call our win an injustice is a very shortsighted view of the entire campaign.

This is another thing which frustrated me about the semi final. To hear what some people would pedle you'd have to believe that Barca created few, if any, chances. Barca hit the woodwork four times over two legs, they created numerous chances which they squandered. I don't think it was Chelsea's fantastic defending which helped them against Barcelona, more Barca's wastefulness ocver the two legs. Cesc missing two clear chances, Sanchez failing to hit the target from inside the box, Busquets putting it over from five yards out, Messi hitting the bar from a penalty. Great defending would not have allowed those chances.

░▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄
██░░░░░██▀░░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░░█
███░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░███
▀███▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░███
░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░█████
░░░█░▄▀▄░░░░░░▄▀▄░░░░████
░▄░█░░▀░░▄▀▄░░░▀░░░▄░░█
░█▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█
░█▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░█
░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

#33   dansta

dansta
  • Fav PlayersMessi, L.Suarez, Cavani, Abel
  • SupportsC.A. Peñarol, Uruguay

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

This is another thing which frustrated me about the semi final. To hear what some people would pedle you'd have to believe that Barca created few, if any, chances. Barca hit the woodwork four times over two legs, they created numerous chances which they squandered. I don't think it was Chelsea's fantastic defending which helped them against Barcelona, more Barca's wastefulness ocver the two legs. Cesc missing two clear chances, Sanchez failing to hit the target from inside the box, Busquets putting it over from five yards out, Messi hitting the bar from a penalty. Great defending would not have allowed those chances.

Yep pretty much what I think and what I've been trying to say for a while.

La PelotaNo Se Mancha

#34   Super Frank

Super Frank

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Napoli was not in form, in fact that was probably their worst patch of the season. They were struggling to win in Serie A and were outside the top 4.

They won the first leg against us 3 - 1 and then beat Inter Milan the following week and then won two consecutive games of which in the second game they scored 6 goals.How is that not being in form ? Please enlighten me.

Posted Image

Football Minimalism - Check it out. :D

#35   OGC

OGC
  • SupportsAjax & Chelsea

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Agreed. We didn't defend particularly well against Barcelona but like I've said before, when the opposition has 85% of the ball, of course they're going to create some chances and it is a risky tactic that on another day would've back fired and I'm aware of it. In general however, I think we defended well enough through out the campaign this season considering the opposition has a lot more of the ball than us.

For the record, this tactic frustrates me quite a bit too. I'm in support of it if the opposition is Barcelona but against Bayern with their crippled defense it's really bad since we won't test their poor defense. This is what you get when we have Drogba on form though. It's actually a pretty terrible tactic for the most part since the players look really lazy to do anything other than hoof it to Drogba, hope he takes the ball down, beats 5 players and smashes it into the top corner.

I admit we were extremely lucky and it has more to do with Bayern losing the game rather than us winning it. I just can't stand people who call this an injustice. We didn't do anything wrong, why is it unfair that we've won? If you want to talk about justice, it's actually very much justifiable considering the shit we've been through in this competition over the last 8 years. It's been a long time coming.

#36   Zin

Zin
  • Spain Moderators
  • LocationMississippi
  • Fav PlayersAbidal, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Neymar
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Bump.

!!!! I AM TOTALLY KEVIN !!!!

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Tiki-Taka Best Moderator of 2012
Tiki-Taka Best Thread "At the Bar" of 2012

#37   Vikipedia

Vikipedia
  • Spain Moderators
  • Fav PlayersXavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Busquets
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

I like our group, it's relatively easy though there's some travel. Could've been much worse.
"Messi is the one who makes the difference, who takes us to another level. He'll never be repeated. He's the best player I've ever seen, the best player I'll ever coach." - Pep Guardiola

#38   Squibo

Squibo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Not really happy with our draw. No real topteam among the opponents, and furthermore, those trips to scotland and russia could be really tricky.

Benfica are a very good side. They might not take points off us but I'd anticipate that they will give us quite a fair bit of trouble. Very technical side.. just hope somebody doesn't swoop and pick up Javi Garcia in the next 24 hours or however long the transfer period is still open for.

Celtic really should be a complete walk in the park provided that we play with the right attitude. The only issue we may face is that with Rangers sent to the third division, they'll be able to play us with their full strength side rested for the weekend game prior. That said, shouldn't make any difference and I'd be very disappointed if we didn't pick up all six points.

Spartak Moscow, I don't know too much about them. Unai Emery is in charge of them and I did catch a bit of their second leg vs. Fenerba

Posted Image

FC Barcelona Official Competitive Goals

Lionel Messi - 315

#39   Vikipedia

Vikipedia
  • Spain Moderators
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Fixture dates:

19/9 Celtic-Bar
"Messi is the one who makes the difference, who takes us to another level. He'll never be repeated. He's the best player I've ever seen, the best player I'll ever coach." - Pep Guardiola

#40   Vikipedia

Vikipedia
  • Spain Moderators
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Sorry guys, wrong calendar it seems. This one's worse:

19/9 FCB-Spartak, 2/10 Benfica-FCB, 23/10 FCB-Celtic,7/11 Celtic-FCB, 20/11 Spartak-FCB, 5/12 FCB-Benfica

FUCKING RUSSIA IN NOVEMBER ARGHHHHHHHHH

#41   Lucho Gonzalez.

Lucho Gonzalez.
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal.
  • Fav PlayersLucho, Mangala, PEPE, Jackson Martinez.
  • SupportsFC PORTO.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Glad you play Benfica away first, you won't field reserves in that match (which would happen in that first calendar you posted since in the last MD you would already be qualified). Please beat them 50-0.

Where did you get the dates btw?

A wise man once said:

Try this out. When she is about to say yes or no, pull back and say, "nah, I change my mind" and sort of walk away.

See what she does then. You will have basically turned the tables on her. Tried this a few times, always works.

"Well, that was fun... in a fuckin' terrible, sick, not-at-all-fun way."

#42   Roger

Roger

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Good group for us. Should be good enough for us to finish first, but not hard enough to lack a few key tests along the way.

Roger

Posted Image

#43   Squibo

Squibo

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

http://www.tiki-taka...spartak-moscow/

Posted Image

FC Barcelona Official Competitive Goals

Lionel Messi - 315

#44   Tomchin

Tomchin
  • Supporters
  • LocationBelgium
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Neymar, Suarez
  • SupportsBarça

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

First time we used the 3-4-3 tonight this season, and it looked very sexy, especially with Alexis involved. Do you expect to see it more often again this season (against parked buses), or was tonight an exception, because we desperately needed to score some goals?

#45   Oki-Wan Kenoki

Oki-Wan Kenoki
  • LocationSverige

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Judging from Tito's post match comments I'd say it was more of an all or nothing kind of move from him for the evening. If we find ourselves in a similar situation down the line I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a similar move, but otherwise I don't see him budging from the 4-3-3 as long as it works as it should.

We're up all night to get lucky