TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Tottenham v Fulham

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#16   Bill Nicholson

Bill Nicholson

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Arsenal have that game won, man. Fulop is having a nightmare, and van Persie is sure to score at least once.

#17   Oki-Wan Kenoki

Oki-Wan Kenoki
  • LocationSverige

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Our backline at the moment, with Kaboul off injured:

Smith - Gallas - Nelsen - Bale

It's a good thing this is the last game of the season. Happy for Smith that he gets to make his debut, though.

We're up all night to get lucky

#18   Bill Nicholson

Bill Nicholson

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

COME ON, WEST BROM!!! ONE GOAL, PLEASE.

#19   Bill Nicholson

Bill Nicholson

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Well, that's a wrap. Another Premier League season comes to an end. Unfortunately, Arsenal held on and managed to win the game at West Brom, so we've finished fourth. Personally, I feel it's a harsh end to the season. We were the third best team this season, we held third place for the longest period, and, if Arsenal didn't have van Persie, we would already have it wrapped up. You can disagree with me if you want, but I don't really care. Sorry, but I don't. I'm not angry, or upset, and I've never been particularly biased, but you're free to your opinions.

Positives:
  • Third best team in England, unofficially.
  • Kyle Walker's breakthrough season.
  • Younes Kaboul's excellent performances, on a consistent basis.
  • At our peak, we played the best football in the league.
  • Scott Parker, Friedel and Adebayor were excellent signings.
  • Finishing above Chelsea for the first time since 1996.
  • Much improved defensively.
Overall, a good season. We need to strengthen in the summer and improve on this foundation, because the sky is the limit. Man City have shown that, with the right players, and some investment, anything is possible. I'm not saying that we need to spend £100m, because that's insane and we don't really need to improve that much, but a world class striker is an absolute must. I'm sorry, Ade, but you need to take a pay-cut or get the fuck out. You've been an important piece of our team, but you're not good enough for where we want to be. Time for strengthening, Levy.

COYS.

#20   Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki
  • Fav PlayersHenry, Bergkamp, Arteta, Kos, Ashley Cole
  • SupportsArsenal

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Well, that's a wrap. Another Premier League season comes to an end. Unfortunately, Arsenal held on and managed to win the game at West Brom, so we've finished fourth. Personally, I feel it's a harsh end to the season. We were the third best team this season, we held third place for the longest period, and, if Arsenal didn't have van Persie, we would already have it wrapped up. You can disagree with me if you want, but I don't really care. Sorry, but I don't. I'm not angry, or upset, and I've never been particularly biased, but you're free to your opinions.

Positives:

• Third best team in England, unofficially.
  • Kyle Walker's breakthrough season.
  • Younes Kaboul's excellent performances, on a consistent basis.
  • At our peak, we played the best football in the league.
  • Scott Parker, Friedel and Adebayor were excellent signings.
  • Finishing above Chelsea for the first time since 1996.
  • Much improved defensively.
Overall, a good season. We need to strengthen in the summer and improve on this foundation, because the sky is the limit. Man City have shown that, with the right players, and some investment, anything is possible. I'm not saying that we need to spend £100m, because that's insane and we don't really need to improve that much, but a world class striker is an absolute must. I'm sorry, Ade, but you need to take a pay-cut or get the fuck out. You've been an important piece of our team, but you're not good enough for where we want to be. Time for strengthening, Levy.

COYS.

I agree with you on a lot of what you've said (Barring that unofficially 3rd bit.. That was one hell of a defense mechanism mate), I think Spurs may have a tough time in the next transfer window, it's very difficult to plan when you don't know what kind of money you have, especially when you can't take the possible loss.. And you won't know for sure until you pass that CL qualifier (Which could be very tricky).. Not to mention the speculation that's gonna start in the summer over possible departures.

Harry will probably go for someone like Yakubu, who while decent, is just not the kind of quality (And Age) that you should be aiming for..

#21   COYS

COYS
  • England Moderators
  • LocationLondon
  • SupportsTottenham Hotspur and England

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Time for strengthening, Levy.

COYS.

Redknapp has done his job, he's come up with a 4th place, a 5th place and now another 4th place. An excellent achievement, punching well above our weight.

It is down to Levy now. Levy knows what he must do, the players & management have done their job, now he needs to pull his weight.

Levy Out!

Posted Image

#22   rollingstoned

rollingstoned
  • Fav PlayersD.Silva, Rooney, RVP, Reus, Pirlo, Vidic
  • SupportsManchester United

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

4th is good, could've pushed for 3rd had you not had that bad run of form in between. In the end the difference between yourself and Arsenal is Van Persie so the message is in getting a regular goalscorer, someone like Cavani, Rossi or Llorente. I think Bayern will beat Chelsea for you to get into the CL.

#23   COYS

COYS
  • England Moderators
  • LocationLondon
  • SupportsTottenham Hotspur and England

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

4th is good, could've pushed for 3rd had you not had that bad run of form in between. In the end the difference between yourself and Arsenal is Van Persie so the message is in getting a regular goalscorer, someone like Cavani, Rossi or Llorente. I think Bayern will beat Chelsea for you to get into the CL.

If only Daniel Levy realised that, and actually bought that player rather than trying to fix the problem with free transfers and players on loan.

Levy Out!

Posted Image

#24   Bill Nicholson

Bill Nicholson

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Does anybody know where I can watch the post-match events? The manager's speech, the lap of honour etc.

#25   Gooner Mark

Gooner Mark
  • England Moderators
  • LocationDublin, Ireland
  • SupportsArsenal

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

The team who finished with the third highest number of points is the third best team! :) And of course we'd have done a lot worse without RvP. But every team would do a lot worse without their best players. We'd have done even better if we had Wilshere available all season, if we hadn't sold Fabregas, if we didn't play for months without fullbacks, etc. but that's football. Thankfully RvP stepped it up to new levels this season, as did Koscielny and others.