TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Benfica vs. Setúbal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1   Rodrigo

Rodrigo
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Fav PlayersRodrigo, Axel Witsel
  • SupportsSL Benfica, San Jose Earthquakes, Angrense

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Final match of the season.

Benfica: Eduardo; Witsel, Luisão, Garay e Luís Martins; Bruno César, Javi Garcia, Matic e Nolito; Rodrigo e Cardozo.

#2   AGUIA-SLB

AGUIA-SLB
  • SupportsSL Benfica, Toronto FC, Canadian NT, Portugal NT

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

disappointed that he didn't call up Ruben Pinto. Would have liked to see him get his first minutes this season.

TUDO A SALTAR!!!!

#3   Rodrigo

Rodrigo
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

disappointed that he didn't call up Ruben Pinto. Would have liked to see him get his first minutes this season.

I agree.

1-0 Setubal. Rafael Lopes scores to put the home side ahead.

#4   Rodrigo

Rodrigo
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

1-1 at the half. Bruno Cesar the scorer of Benfica's lone goal.

#5   Cowić

Cowić
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Fav PlayersSimão, F. Coentrão, Salvio, Enzo Perez, A. Gomes
  • SupportsSL Benfica, Portugal NT

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Cardozo really wanted to win the top goalscorer award today lol. I think he took 14 shots before he finally got the goal at the end of the game. He must be pissed that Lima got a weak penalty against Sporting.

A lot of players looked disinterested. Bruno Cesar still can improve on his playing style, but I can't complain about his top class commitment.

Luis Martins was pretty good especially considering he played a total of THREE positions during the game. He keeps things simple and is tidy in possession.

Emerson came on as a sub (why??? lol) but actually made an assist!

#6   AGUIA-SLB

AGUIA-SLB
  • SupportsSL Benfica, Toronto FC, Canadian NT, Portugal NT

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

still waiting to catch the game. (guide lied to me, it says it was gonna give the Benfica game but instead it's showing the Estoril match) So decided to look at the highlights. Seemed like we were very wasteful with our chances, Rodrigo missed an open net, and Cardozo wasted a lot of good chances before finally getting the goal. I gotta say for next season, we need to look for a new cb. Despite having an amazing gk in Artur, we are still conceding to many goals, and i think the big problem is that we didn't replace Luiz. Since he left last season in January, we've been conceding way to many goal, even in matches that we completely dominate from the first minute. I like Garay but i just don't think he's at Luiz level. Look at today's goal for example, it was completely his fault, just poor decisions at times. Really wish Sidnei was better mentally, he would have replaced Luiz perfectly imo.

TUDO A SALTAR!!!!