TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Arsenal v Norwich

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
187 replies to this topic

#31   endorstoi

endorstoi
  • Supportsa little bit the sharpness

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Shite effort gibbs.

#32   Vikipedia

Vikipedia
  • Spain Moderators
  • Fav PlayersXavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Busquets
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Look at Ramsey jogging back at snails pace when Hoolahan was cutting through the midfield like butter.Fucking pathetic.

You blame Ramsey but Vermaelen was even further behind him. He's a CB, what the fuck is he doing so far up the pitch?

"Messi is the one who makes the difference, who takes us to another level. He'll never be repeated. He's the best player I've ever seen, the best player I'll ever coach." - Pep Guardiola

#33   El Capitán

El Capitán
  • LocationNc , USA

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

You blame Ramsey but Vermaelen was even further behind him. He's a CB, what the fuck is he doing so far up the pitch?

True that but still if Vermaelen is missing , someone needs to cover him.

#34   Tokyo Sexwale

Tokyo Sexwale

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

I can understand Vermaelen not making it back that quickly, considering he was in the box just a second before that for the cross. Ramsey and Song just standing still in midfield, watching on as Norwich's three took on Gibbs and Koscielny was shameful, though.

If Vermaelen goes forward, you need to cover his spot as defensive midfielder and the central midfielder needs to take over the defensive midfielders role. I suspect Wenger also allows Vermaelen to get forward like that, with the deal that Song and Ramsey cover that space. If those deals aren't made, I wouldn't understand Vermaelen moving forward so frequently.

AJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX
AJAXAJAX

Posted Image

#35   endorstoi

endorstoi
  • Supportsa little bit the sharpness

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

certain pen not given there against koscielny.

#36   Rossicky

Rossicky
  • LocationEngland
  • Fav PlayersRosicky
  • SupportsArsenal

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

That shudv been a penalty to norwich

Edited by 0, 05 May 2012 - 12:28 PM.

Posted Image

The Future's Bright. The Future's Red & White

With Wenger Until The End #7

#37   Bill Nicholson

Bill Nicholson

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

How the fuck was that not a penalty? His shirt was almost ripped off of him.

#38   Corrupted Tongue

Corrupted Tongue
  • LocationLondon
  • SupportsThe Arsenal

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Madness for him to be that far up the pitch. At the same time though, we have people out of position on a regular basis and people fill in, yet 3 midfielders were jogging in full sight of a growing 3 v 2 situation. Just ridiculous.

#39   Vikipedia

Vikipedia
  • Spain Moderators
  • Fav PlayersXavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Busquets
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Madness for him to be that far up the pitch. At the same time though, we have people out of position on a regular basis and people fill in, yet 3 midfielders were jogging in full sight of a growing 3 v 2 situation. Just ridiculous.

I'd blame Song but he doesn't even play as a DM for you guys anymore. You attack with many bodies but with Vermaelen joining in so many times there is an ocean of space between the lines. If you played this way against United, someone like Rooney would've had a field day.

"Messi is the one who makes the difference, who takes us to another level. He'll never be repeated. He's the best player I've ever seen, the best player I'll ever coach." - Pep Guardiola

#40   Boringslav

Boringslav
  • LocationLondon UK
  • Fav PlayersHenry
  • SupportsThe Arsenal

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Two clear penalties denied for Norwich. It's like someone has paid us to play like shit today. I may have already said this, but, whenever Tottenham finish above Arsenal, he who is manager of Arsenal at the time MUST get sacked. That's the lowest standard possible we are to be expected to maintain in the last 20 years at least.

#41   Corrupted Tongue

Corrupted Tongue
  • LocationLondon
  • SupportsThe Arsenal

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

That was a season saving tackle from Koscielny.

I'd blame Song but he doesn't even play as a DM for you guys anymore. You attack with many bodies but with Vermaelen joining in so many times there is an ocean of space between the lines. If you played this way against United, someone like Rooney would've had a field day.

Our CBs have permission to go forward though, the entire team knows this and fill in. The problem is Song & Ramsey have no idea what their roles are, and Rosicky has been extremely lackadaisical on the defensive end.

#42   Keith.

Keith.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

We need to win this game. Massive 45 minutes ahead. We need to win FFS!

Get the fucking finger out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#43   ArsenalMan

ArsenalMan

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

The midfield is completely clueless without Arteta. The only player who has a bit of postional discipline in our team and surprise surprise he learnt that off David Moyes not Wenger.

Don't know why Wengers gone with the trio of Ramsey, Gervinho and Benayoun. I want to know the point ratio when all three have started in the same midfield. They lack either lack the technical ability or the intelligence or both to help us create openings and chances.

Andres Santos and Chamberlain should have easily started today. Santos is a left back but he's better going forward than any of our attacking wingers which says it all really.

Edited by 0, 05 May 2012 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

#44   Keith.

Keith.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Van Persie fucking wake up and do something!. We need some inspiration here.

#45   victork30

victork30
  • Fav PlayersFabregas,Sagna,A.Song,Ramsey,Eto'o,D.Villa
  • SupportsArsenal + Cescy Football

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

CBs have been pushing up for fun since Gallas/Toure days, it also ends up in us conceding goals.

Our attackers just aren't able to do the job, so we boost with numbers/options. Now maybe we could get this to work if we had fast DMs who could cover well but we don't.

We know how this ends, we're not going to make it :(

Posted Image
Member #5 - "With crazy Wenger till the end"

CAMPAIGNING FOR ARSENAL TO SPEND MORE TIME PRACTISING DEFENDING IN TRAINING !!