TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

NeoBux

Liverpool v WBA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#16   The Colonel

The Colonel
  • LocationThe OC
  • Fav PlayersCarlton Cole
  • SupportsLiverpool FC

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I legitimately think our days of being a top club are over. Who would want to join us now. I thought FSG and Kenny might steady the ship but we have fallen so far so fast and we are still declining. Depressing days.

#17   Sir Ali

Sir Ali
  • Administrators
  • LocationNorthern Ireland
  • Fav PlayersLuis Suarez, Steven Gerrard & Philippe Coutinho
  • SupportsLiverpool & Northern Ireland

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I've held off commenting on a lot of our games this season, I'm not really one for putting my thoughts into words but I do like reading other peoples thoughts, however reading through some of the stuff in this thread I will comment today. I'm personally fed up hearing fans going on about how bad Kenny is, how crap things are...cause they aren't that bad. Performances are more than good enough to put teams away, it's not like under Hodgson where we were pure and utter garbage. Things are improving for us, there have been plenty of positives this season, and it's about time some fans concentrated on these rather than ridiculing the few negatives.

I thought the Carroll-Suarez partnership was one really positive thing we could take from today, okay it didn't get us the goals we deserved but it look as good as it ever has IMO. It'll only take one game when we put these chances away and win 5/6/7-0 and goals will start flowing again after that. I mean come on we've in the woodwork 30 times this season, more than anyone in a season since 2000, and I wouldn't put it past us to hit it a few more times in our remaining games, even 4/5 of these go in over the course of the season it's a completely different season.

Henderson I love seeing in the middle of the park, it's somewhere I'd like to see him play with Lucas there beside him a lot more rather than Spearing, he was unlucky twice today not to score. The middle is where he'll play in the future and he's wasted on the right, we're better with Kuyt on the right than Henderson. Kuyt is another who I thought done well today, minus not scoring twice, and we kind of went downhill after he left the field.

I'm sorry if me looking on the bright side of things disrupts all your doom and gloom but I'm fed up listening to it.

"When I was younger, so much younger than today. I never needed anybody's help in any way."

Posted Image

#18   Rude

Rude
  • LocationUnited States
  • Fav PlayersArsene Wenger

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Ok, I actually feel really bad for you guys. Extremely unlucky today. I have no idea what Reina was doing for the goal, probably pissed since Johnson was such an idiot to lose possession. Kuyt missed an absolute golden chance and so did Suarez. You would think that over the course of a season those types of things would wear off, but not for you guys.

Posted Image

TTPL2 Super Cup Winners 2012

"Either post something of value or don't post at all."
-DaGunners, January 23rd 2013 @ 09:19 A.M.

#19   Piksi

Piksi
  • SupportsSerbians

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

I've held off commenting on a lot of our games this season, I'm not really one for putting my thoughts into words but I do like reading other peoples thoughts, however reading through some of the stuff in this thread I will comment today. I'm personally fed up hearing fans going on about how bad Kenny is, how crap things are...cause they aren't that bad. Performances are more than good enough to put teams away, it's not like under Hodgson where we were pure and utter garbage. Things are improving for us, there have been plenty of positives this season, and it's about time some fans concentrated on these rather than ridiculing the few negatives.

I thought the Carroll-Suarez partnership was one really positive thing we could take from today, okay it didn't get us the goals we deserved but it look as good as it ever has IMO. It'll only take one game when we put these chances away and win 5/6/7-0 and goals will start flowing again after that. I mean come on we've in the woodwork 30 times this season, more than anyone in a season since 2000, and I wouldn't put it past us to hit it a few more times in our remaining games, even 4/5 of these go in over the course of the season it's a completely different season.

Henderson I love seeing in the middle of the park, it's somewhere I'd like to see him play with Lucas there beside him a lot more rather than Spearing, he was unlucky twice today not to score. The middle is where he'll play in the future and he's wasted on the right, we're better with Kuyt on the right than Henderson. Kuyt is another who I thought done well today, minus not scoring twice, and we kind of went downhill after he left the field.

I'm sorry if me looking on the bright side of things disrupts all your doom and gloom but I'm fed up listening to it.

Because it's too fucking much. Every game it's the same thing. It's like watching the same bad movie every week but it's actually worse than that because we had hope for once coming off two big wins then we just revert back to the same bullshit. I said we played well earlier in the thread and we did which is what makes this even more annoying. People see the results and assume we're some supremely shit team, they use these results to automatically assume Carroll is shit, Downing is shit, Henderson is shit, Kuyt is shit, Kenny is shit, Anfield is shit, Liverpool are shit and so on. Norwich, City, Blackburn, QPR, WBA, Arsenal, all games we really should have won and if we had? We're 4th. For as shit as we've been tactically at times (especially our midfield) we could have so easily been fucking fourth if it wasn't for tragic luck. And that's what it is. Hitting the crossbar 30 fucking times isn't bad finishing, it's just luck. There are a few where bad finishing plays its part but look at when Henderson hit the bar. 99/100 times that hits the keeper in the back and goes back into the goal (or like Sunderland when the ball fucking deflects into the path of Campbell) but for us it defies physics and rebounds to safety. Like just fuck that. I'm so sick of seeing this stupid illogical shit every game and it always fucks us over. I'm so bored of it and it's hard to be positive when there's not a whole lot to be positive about. Everything about the league this season has been extreme frustration.

#20   Carl Monday

Carl Monday
  • LocationSydney
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Sneijder, Zidane, Pirlo, Gerrard
  • SupportsLiverpool

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

I legitimately think our days of being a top club are over.

we really need good arguments to say we are still a top 5 ENGLISH club, let alone europe. taking reputation and history aside, and looking at our situation and direction the club is heading with respect to other teams, I have lowered expectations every season for a few years now. we'll always have the history and passion but that needs to be backed up by the right ambition and decisions from those that run the club. we as fans can only stick to our passion for the club.

(been meaning to say all that for a while)

Posted Image

everybody has an idol

#21   Sir Chesney

Sir Chesney
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Liverpool is still a great club, it's just going through a really long bad spell. Teams come and go, but clearly this side is still in the development stage. Liverpool have two choices, either stick with Dalglish's plan, or bring in a younger manager to pin all your dreams to, making sure he's talented enough to develop a great squad as well as get you the right results in the meantime. There are more options, but I hate those options. I think Ali's got it right, there are strong positives to be taken, there always are, and the only reason you're seeing the same thing game after game is because one season means fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Finally, credit goes to Hodgson, he's a classy character, always has been. I watched his interview on MOTD, and he seemed very gracious in victory, even said Liverpool were the better side, so he probably would have been just as gracious in defeat as well. I genuinely think he respects that club, it simply went horribly wrong for him there, he's not Dalglish, and the results both men pretty much share just wasn't tolerated with him, but I'd say he fully accepts that, I mean who wouldn't? Any moron taking the Liverpool job tomorrow, who isn't Dalglish, would completely understand that they have a much tougher task because they're not seen as a legend. I just don't see that much resentment there.

Posted Image

There's only one Aaron Ramsey | With Wenger until the end #10

#22   Piksi

Piksi
  • SupportsSerbians

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

It's not just this season, it's been the last few seasons of the same shit over and over. Continually destroying teams at home and not winning. Conceding extremely bullshit goals (like fucking seriously which club has ever conceded a more ridiculous goal than the beach ball goal?). You as an Arsenal fan should understand the ridiculousness of it all. The constant stream of injuries, losing games like Birmingham away when Nasri had the easiest chance to bury it and you end up losing to woeful keeping (something we've seen a lot of this season with Reina). It's just tedious to put up with. Nearly every game this season we come here and complain and talk about some form of bullshit, be it a ref decision or a complete implosion like QPR. If it were just the one season we could put up with it but it's been far too often in the past decade. Even at the end of Houllier's reign it was bad but it's been three seasons now. Sure it might change next season but there's just as much chance of it not changing.

#23   Sir Chesney

Sir Chesney
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Fair enough, you'd know more about what's going on with Liverpool than I would. The problem for clubs is knowing what manager to go for and what manager to stick with, I think having one that stays with you to develop a long-term plan is the best way forward. Perhaps a lot of time was wasted on Benitez, or perhaps not enough faith was put in him. It's a tough call to make. Regarding Houllier, his health isn't up to scratch, not that Liverpool felt any adverse effects from that, but this sort of thing happens in football, in every walk of life; one of Arsenal's best ever managers was cut down short in his prime.

Posted Image

There's only one Aaron Ramsey | With Wenger until the end #10

#24   Invader Gir

Invader Gir
  • Video Forum Moderators
  • SupportsLiverpool FC

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Not really much point in match threads anymore tbh. We all know what's gonna happen and it's too boring to talk about. Same recycled expressions of disappointment, same nonchalance, same boredom. Same same same same same fucking same.

true! We have been so so so lame this season...I watched the first half and was bored..knew we would kind or either stick to the 0-0 or lose...seen that one too much this season.

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you’ll never walk alone
You’ll never walk alone

#25   Sir Ali

Sir Ali
  • Administrators
  • LocationNorthern Ireland
  • Fav PlayersLuis Suarez, Steven Gerrard & Philippe Coutinho
  • SupportsLiverpool & Northern Ireland

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Because it's too fucking much. Every game it's the same thing. It's like watching the same bad movie every week but it's actually worse than that because we had hope for once coming off two big wins then we just revert back to the same bullshit. I said we played well earlier in the thread and we did which is what makes this even more annoying. People see the results and assume we're some supremely shit team, they use these results to automatically assume Carroll is shit, Downing is shit, Henderson is shit, Kuyt is shit, Kenny is shit, Anfield is shit, Liverpool are shit and so on. Norwich, City, Blackburn, QPR, WBA, Arsenal, all games we really should have won and if we had? We're 4th. For as shit as we've been tactically at times (especially our midfield) we could have so easily been fucking fourth if it wasn't for tragic luck. And that's what it is. Hitting the crossbar 30 fucking times isn't bad finishing, it's just luck. There are a few where bad finishing plays its part but look at when Henderson hit the bar. 99/100 times that hits the keeper in the back and goes back into the goal (or like Sunderland when the ball fucking deflects into the path of Campbell) but for us it defies physics and rebounds to safety. Like just fuck that. I'm so sick of seeing this stupid illogical shit every game and it always fucks us over. I'm so bored of it and it's hard to be positive when there's not a whole lot to be positive about. Everything about the league this season has been extreme frustration.

Yes it's been the same a lot this season, but it's still good that we keep creating all these chances, I'd rather see us playing well and creating chances than sitting back hoofing the ball up the field and hoping it dropped for us like in the Hodgson era. As you say it's a lot about luck and we're due a change and when it does change I hope we're still creating the same amount of chances cause we'll be burying teams week in week out. People can jump on our results and reach unsubstantiated conclusions all they like about Kenny, Henderson, Carroll etc for all I care just as long as it isn't our fans watching these games forgetting the shite we were subject to not all that long ago, and wanting a whole change at the club when all we need in the ball to go in the net the odd time. I agree that there has been the odd bit of being wrong tactically but no manager is perfect and it's always pointed out more when results are going against you.

Yes the season has been frustrating but once 4th was realistically gone months ago, and once we secure Europe with the Carling Cup who gives a fuck where we finish in the league, and if we end up winning the FA Cup we can finish 17th for all I care, but as long as we keep trying and there are positives it's all well and good. In relation to this I saw an interesting question posed on twitter relating to both us and Arsenal, relating to both the financial side of things and trophies, as both team really are at a rebuilding stage. Would you rather have Champions League and another season without a trophy? Or no Champions League and your first trophy in years? Would Arsenal fans swap their position for ours and have the trophy hoodoo off their back? At the same time Champions League means more financially to Arsenal than to us at the current moment in time with our new commercial deals covering our loss of CL football. So which position would you rather be in as realistically neither are league challengers yet? Personally I'd take our situation over Arsenal's...success breeds success.

That paragraph went a little off track in relation to the game but still backs up my initial gripes, this season has been positive on the whole.

"When I was younger, so much younger than today. I never needed anybody's help in any way."

Posted Image