TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Liverpool v Everton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#46   Mini9Torres

Mini9Torres
  • Fav PlayersDaniel Agger & Pepe Reina
  • SupportsLiverpool FC

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Seems to me like The Colonel was being sarcastic, it's too obvious.

Don't really see how 'any team could have taken it', we were easily better, and Everton didn't create any clear cut chances at all in the game.

#47   Goodison

Goodison
  • LocationLiverpool
  • SupportsEverton

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

I honestly do despair at today. Why the hell Fellaini was moved upfront was beyond me, he was breaking up everything Liverpool done. Just seems that Moyes didnt have the balls to sub Cahill so early in the game, and had him playing as a defensive midfielder...
Gueye looked tired and didnt really want to have anything to do with any physical play. Osman was dreadful out on the wing again and Cahill really did nothing all game.
Liverpool were the better team on the day.
Just ridiculous that this is the worst Liverpool team for years and we've managed to get beat by them 3 times this season, purely because our players and manager bottled it.
By far the worst I've ever felt at a game.

Edited by 0, 14 April 2012 - 08:07 PM.

Posted Image

#48   Odd Blood

Odd Blood
  • LocationNorth Wales
  • Fav PlayersDaniel Agger and Lucas Leiva
  • SupportsLiverpool & Shrewsbury Town

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Have to say that I feel for Everton, we won this game because Everton chose to lose it. It could have been worse for Everton though, because Coleman was on a yellow when he went through the back of Gerrard, so could have walked.

In the balance of play, we had more shots and more on target but all 3 goals were from appalling defensive mistakes. Carra and Agger with the reluctance to use their weaker foot gifting Jelavic. Distin with a Flanagan style backpass making a simple opportunity for Suarez and Fellaini proving that the only tackles he tries are with his hands and not being strong enough to stop Carroll rising.

Both teams had 5/10 performances, but Liverpool raised their game later on with impactful subs and Everton' subs did nothing of note.

But let's be honest, in a seni-final the performance means nothing if you don't come out on top and we did. Bring on Chelsea (hopefully).

#49   Lukemeister

Lukemeister
  • Supporters
  • LocationWhereever theres Pussy.
  • Fav PlayersSuarez Gerrard Messi
  • SupportsLiverpool

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Posted Image

My view :P, was a cracking result and awesome atmosphere.

#50   Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle
  • SupportsLiverpool FC

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Fair play to Everton. Their fans held their silence impeccably and the floral tribute left outside Anfield is an absolutely outstanding gesture of good will. I thought the darker element of Everton's support would let them down, but on the day they were great so total respect for that.

The match was nothing special in terms of quality. Neither side was particularly dynamic and all three goals came as a result of complete schoolboy errors which should never have been made. However, the result is absolutely fantastic and I'm buzzing for the final. Two Cups would make up for our dreadful league form I reckon so I'm hoping we win more than ever.

Condolences, Everton. You guys were a credit to the city of Liverpool.

Bunny Rabbits

#51   Goodison

Goodison
  • LocationLiverpool
  • SupportsEverton

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Your seat looks to be pretty much the exact seat I had except at the opposite end of the ground, I have a pretty much an carbon copy picture on my phone:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52   Cark

Cark
  • SupportsBrentford Football Club

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Everton bottled it, Moyes didn't deserve to win anything.

Posted Image
Germany 0 - 2 Brazil - 2002 World Cup Final