TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

The Curious Case of Andrew Carroll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#16   Lukemeister

Lukemeister
  • LocationWhereever theres Pussy.
  • Fav PlayersSuarez Gerrard Messi
  • SupportsLiverpool

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Im going to be there hopefully ;).

#17   Odd Blood

Odd Blood
  • LocationNorth Wales
  • Fav PlayersDaniel Agger and Lucas Leiva
  • SupportsLiverpool & Shrewsbury Town

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

I would love to see Torres' face when we win in Wembley!

I believe that he would be pretty dignified were Chelsea to lose. He still has friends here and I'm sure deep down he still loves the club. I don't enjoy seeing what has become of him in that cess-pool of a club.

#18   Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle
  • SupportsLiverpool FC

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I believe that he would be pretty dignified were Chelsea to lose. He still has friends here and I'm sure deep down he still loves the club. I don't enjoy seeing what has become of him in that cess-pool of a club.

I do. I loved Torres very much and always said that if he wanted to leave the club, that was absolutely fair enough on his part and I wouldn't have begrudged him that wish. However, it hurt a hell of a lot for him to decide he wanted to leave when we had only hours to find a replacement for him and the things he has said about Liverpool since leaving have just destroyed his image as a dignified, classy sort of guy. Agger's elbow to Torres' chin when he first played against us for Chelsea was the best way to sum up how I feel about him and his attitude.

Bunny Rabbits

#19   Odd Blood

Odd Blood
  • LocationNorth Wales
  • Fav PlayersDaniel Agger and Lucas Leiva
  • SupportsLiverpool & Shrewsbury Town

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

I do. I loved Torres very much and always said that if he wanted to leave the club, that was absolutely fair enough on his part and I wouldn't have begrudged him that wish. However, it hurt a hell of a lot for him to decide he wanted to leave when we had only hours to find a replacement for him and the things he has said about Liverpool since leaving have just destroyed his image as a dignified, classy sort of guy. Agger's elbow to Torres' chin when he first played against us for Chelsea was the best way to sum up how I feel about him and his attitude.

Yes, completely with you, I loved that elbow! But it is pretty clear that he regrets the decision to move to Chelsea, and for that reason I feel pretty awful for the lad. For me, he's been kicked enough and I would love him to move on elsewhere and become a legend at his new club.

#20   Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle
  • SupportsLiverpool FC

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Yes, completely with you, I loved that elbow! But it is pretty clear that he regrets the decision to move to Chelsea, and for that reason I feel pretty awful for the lad. For me, he's been kicked enough and I would love him to move on elsewhere and become a legend at his new club.

As far as I see it, he's made his bed and now he can lie in it. He moved to Chelsea to win trophies, which he hasn't done as of yet and even if he does collect silverware this season, it will be no thanks to him. If he moves on from Chelsea and does well from there, I won't begrudge him that but for as long as he's there, I don't care how low he sinks.

Bunny Rabbits

#21   Daniel

Daniel
  • LocationIreland
  • Fav PlayersLuís Eduardo Schmidt
  • SupportsLiverpool FC & Real Betis Balompié

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Carroll has been looking absolutely fantastic recently. If we got those performances from him in most games - even with a mere handful of goals on his part - then we'd win most games. His movement has been excellent, he has used his physicality to dominate opponents, his passes leave his boot with certainty and ease. This is the boy we signed. I know it's a moment that usually only arrives with the "hard-working" players, but when Anfield erupted and got to their feet in praise for a very single chase and knock of the ball into touch by Carroll (to avoid it going out for a kick-out), well, it must've felt huge for him. And he has proved that he can play with Suarez, which is vital to his future. His moment against Newcastle was rock bottom, and now we welcome the surge upwards. A successful outing at the EURO's could prove very useful for us.

Edited by 0, 10 May 2012 - 05:17 PM.

I'm a little teapot, short and stout.

#22   Piksi

Piksi
  • SupportsSerbians

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

I've always known this is what he's capable of and it really was all down to his mentality. I feel vindicated in my comments now but he still has a long way to go in terms of consistency. I think the last two games were the first time he's put in really good performances back to back. In the past he either played shit and was lazy or was benched and I know it's only two games but it does give you hope of what he's capable of. The last two games we've also gone direct the right amount and haven't been overly reliant on hoofing it up to him which is another positive. If we can get the balance right between passing it around and playing direct then we'll be quite dangerous in attack.

#23   Sir Ali

Sir Ali
  • Administrators
  • LocationNorthern Ireland
  • Fav PlayersLuis Suarez, Steven Gerrard & Philippe Coutinho
  • SupportsLiverpool & Northern Ireland

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

He won everything against Fulham as well and a few of his other games previous, I'd say he's had a good 5/6 games in a row now, that last two appearance of which have just been boss.

"When I was younger, so much younger than today. I never needed anybody's help in any way."

Posted Image

#24   busi16

busi16
  • Fav PlayersBusquets, Cafu, Rivaldo, Gazza, Ronaldo.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Reaching form are you Carroll?

Posted Image

Have that you lanky twat! said Michael Essien

Posted Image

#25   Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle
  • SupportsLiverpool FC

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

How that tackle has gone completely unmentioned by almost everyone is beyond me. The same goes for Ivanovic's elbow on Carroll. However, Suarez grabbing Ivanovic from behind is the worst crime ever, of course.
Bunny Rabbits

#26   Entourage

Entourage
  • SupportsChelsea FC

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Essien should have been off for that tackle, for sure. It was a pretty poor tackle to be fair.

That being said, Shelvey should have been off too for kicking Malouda in the back of the head. Both of these statements are just my opinion though.

Untitled.png

Tiki-Taka FIFA 10 Champion

“Everything I say is mind games.  Everything I do is mind games. Everything is mind games. The only thing that is not mind games is the results. That's not mind games.” - Jose Mourinho

#27   busi16

busi16
  • Fav PlayersBusquets, Cafu, Rivaldo, Gazza, Ronaldo.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Yep, was a shocker by Essien. Poor sportsmanship, poor professionalism. Poor like his talents since those injuries :(
Posted Image

#28   Brick Top

Brick Top
  • LocationKendal/Manchester.
  • Fav PlayersRamsey, Pogba, Koke.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Fucking hell just remembered that tackle, was sure he was off, complete and utter fucking joke he stayed on.

MCFC - BULLS

#29   Dead Or Alive

Dead Or Alive
  • Fav PlayersScholes
  • SupportsMan Utd

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

He starts to lunge but pulls out as soon as he catches Carroll.

You can see he jumps in but as soon as his foot touches Carrolls leg Essien bends his knees thus taking all the force out of his challange.

Its still a badly timed lunge but could have been much worse if Essien had wanted to bring the pain.

292qhjp.jpg

#30   EveryPlayerHereGetsSold

EveryPlayerHereGetsSold
  • Supporters
  • LocationManchester
  • Fav PlayersFernan, Negredo, Kun, Reus, Messi, Silva
  • SupportsManchester City F.C

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Wow, missed that tackle, bet Vincent Kompany is feeling great watching that after being sent off for absolutely fuck all against United, never seen a more clear cut red than that not given in my life apart from when Thatcher smashed Mendes into next week and only got a yellow.

Edited by 0, 18 May 2012 - 04:52 PM.

tumblr_mtkr6v30iu1qesuimo2_500.png