TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Lazio v Atlético Madrid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1   Roger

Roger

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Atletico try to take their revitalized league form on the road in Europe.

Roger

Posted Image

#2   Roger

Roger

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Great atmosphere from the crowd at the start... in full song.

:huuuy: Early chance from Falcao from a nice Diego play..... an early warning shot from Atleti....

Roger

Posted Image

#3   Roger

Roger

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

:goal: 1-0 for Lazio.... GK fails to catch the ball, spills it, and Klose punishes Atleti for the mistake :(

Adrian with a dangerous cross, but Falcao doesn't get on the end of it..... Still, Atleti putting some pressure on lazio, a decent response.

:goal: 1-1 GOALLLLLL Adrian!!!!! Header from Falcao to set him up!

Roger

Posted Image

#4   Matieo

Matieo
  • Fav PlayersCristian Săpunaru

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, fuck Ajax and Manchester, I'm switchin' to this.

Falcao 2-1. Right place, right time goal.

I hate that Falcao is the best striker in the world AND ends up playing at Atletico. No offence to Derek or the other Atleti fans.

For the sake of mentioning: Metalist Kharkiv are up 3-0 at Red Bull Salzburg. Plzen are leading Schalke 1-0, and Sporting are away to Legia and losing 1-0. Some surprising scorelines, for sure.

#5   Roger

Roger

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Big win away from home, 1-3, for Atleti.... really good result....

Roger

Posted Image

#6   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters
  • SupportsClaudia Cardinale

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

And a really good performance too! I expected a very close game, but we dominated the game completely and played most of the game on Lazio's half. When Diego, Adrián and Falcao are on fire then they are so difficult to stop, although it must be said this was a great team performance.

There was just one thing that went wrong and unfortunately Lazio immediately made the most of it. A rare mistake by Courtois who up till that point hadn't conceded a goal in 7 games.

Derek

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#7   Roger

Roger

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Welcome to the thread, Derek :whistling:

------------------------------

Seriously though, congrats. Your team is looking good. I missed a lot of the second half due to work, but from what I saw in the first half and parts of the second, they played as a great team. :thumbsup:

Roger

Posted Image

#8   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters
  • SupportsClaudia Cardinale

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Haha feels like I'm late to my own party ;)

Yeah with every game we play the confidence grows and grows. It's unheard of for Atleti to play 3 games without us failing epicly. Now let's see if we can continue this in the next two games (Sporting away, Lazio home) and then after that we're hosting Barça

Derek

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#9   Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia
  • SupportsReal Madrid CF

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Adian was the Man of the Match. Involved in all three goals. Glad he moved to a bigger club. Could be an important striker for Spain in years to come. Atletico dominated the game and should have scored a couple more atleast.

r0azv6.jpg

#10   Roger

Roger

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Here we go, leg 2 about to start. So far today two other teams from La Liga have gone through playing the second leg at home....... Atleti look to be third having a nice 3-1 advantage going into this one. They also have the nice feeling of knowing that in the next round they would face Besiktas (probably, as they go into Leg 2 with a 0-2 advantage in their match)..... a fairly good draw for Atleti if they go through.

Anyhow, the game about to kick off....

Roger

Posted Image