TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

NeoBux

Chelsea v Manchester United

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
253 replies to this topic

#226   Silky Johnson

Silky Johnson
  • Supporters
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Keane, RVP, Rooney, Bradley, Altidore.
  • SupportsManchester United, Los Angeles Galaxy, and USMNT.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

I am honestly not trolling here. I wanna see a replay of the incident and then we'll see, but at first sight that didn't look like a penalty to me(I'm talking about the incident in the first half when Cahill tackled someone in the box and a pen was not given).

It didn't look like a penalty from the live angle to me either cause one of the Chelsea players was in the way but other angles showed Wellbeck had touched the ball away before Cahill got to him.

241knxk.png

#227   francis

francis
  • Supporters
  • LocationMontrey'all
  • Fav PlayersScholesa, Evra, Fletcha, Berba, Vida.
  • SupportsUtd.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Just as well for United that Hernandez is good with his head, because everything he does with his feet is nothing short of abysmal.

Which is why Welbeck is well ahead of him in the pecking order.

Posted Image

#228   Il Statto

Il Statto
  • Administrators
  • LocationEngland
  • SupportsJuventus

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Which is why Welbeck is well ahead of him in the pecking order.

Agreed, and rightly so.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"A legend like John, Lennon I'm a dreamer... Tried to fuck the world, she only let me finger..."

- Common (The Dreamer)

#229   Bill Nicholson

Bill Nicholson

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Geoff Shreeves: "What was going through your mind before the second penalty, having already taken one?"
Wayne Rooney: "Not much, really."

Too easy.

#230   Entourage

Entourage
  • Supporters
  • SupportsChelsea FC

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

I honestly don't understand how Howard Webb is still allowed to ref Manchester United games. I think it's a valid point. How many times has he taken center stage in a match involved Man Utd? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Untitled.png

Tiki-Taka FIFA 10 Champion

“Everything I say is mind games.  Everything I do is mind games. Everything is mind games. The only thing that is not mind games is the results. That's not mind games.” - Jose Mourinho

#231   Mania

Mania
  • Fav PlayersCleverson

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

There was no bias towards United, just bad refereeing all round.

FOREVERYMANCARELIGION
MUFCx

#232   ClungeWarmer

ClungeWarmer
  • Fav PlayersBale, Modric, Vaart, Lennon, CR9, Di Maria, Zema
  • SupportsTotenham Hotspur, Real Madrid

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

You don't actually think you have a chance of the title do you?

why not liverpool think they can get 4th so anything is possible

Edited by 0, 05 February 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#233   francis

francis
  • Supporters
  • LocationMontrey'all
  • SupportsUtd.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

why not liverpool think they can get 4th so anything is possible

ZING!

Posted Image

#234   OGC

OGC
  • SupportsAjax & Chelsea

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Webb made more wrong calls than right ones. The standard of refereeing in football is shocking compared to other sports.

#235   Silky Johnson

Silky Johnson
  • Supporters
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Keane, RVP, Rooney, Bradley, Altidore.
  • SupportsManchester United, Los Angeles Galaxy, and USMNT.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

I honestly don't understand how Howard Webb is still allowed to ref Manchester United games. I think it's a valid point. How many times has he taken center stage in a match involved Man Utd? It doesn't make any sense to me.

You've no right to feel hard done by at all, if he got everything right you'd have been down 2-0 before the 25th minute.

241knxk.png

#236   Bill Nicholson

Bill Nicholson

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

@Vidic15: Inappropriate joke, man. If he's found guilty, knock yourself out. I'll even join you. Until then, try to hold back.

#237   Entourage

Entourage
  • Supporters
  • SupportsChelsea FC

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

On the bright side, how many Chelsea fans would have taken a draw before the match? I'm guessing the vast majority. This surely hurts our morale because of the manner in which it occured but it hurts Manchester United much more than us. That's a compliment to Manchester United fans because you all are in a position that we'd love to be in.

Untitled.png

Tiki-Taka FIFA 10 Champion

“Everything I say is mind games.  Everything I do is mind games. Everything is mind games. The only thing that is not mind games is the results. That's not mind games.” - Jose Mourinho

#238   francis

francis
  • Supporters
  • LocationMontrey'all
  • SupportsUtd.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

To be fair, its a better result than City managed to get at the Bridge. Crazy game, so in the end im not too mad at the result. Still in our hands with the game at the Unity stadium.
Posted Image

#239   seaders

seaders
  • Supporters
  • Locationleft a little, right a little, aahhhh, just there
  • SupportsPlaysoutwidebutlikestocomeinsidearistas

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

@Vidic15: Inappropriate joke, man. If he's found guilty, knock yourself out. I'll even join you. Until then, try to hold back.

more than a bit inappropriate, but also more than a bit funny...

first point.

Chelsea's first. shocking, shocking defending from Evra. starts off in a bad position, then faces up to Sturridge in a bad position and leaves him past ridiculously easy.

Chelsea's second. Evra all over the place, dragged out of position, not organising correctly, not really doing anything correctly and then completely out of play for Torres' cross.

Chelsea's third. Evra caught by Sturridge again, gets a yellow, gives away the free-kick, then worse again, he's the man on Luiz. he doesn't mark him correctly, then is knocked away too easily when the kick is taken.

once again, shocking from him, I put down a hell of a lot of our problems to him being our captain.

next, the penalties.

first, Cahill on Welbeck. 100% foul, 99% red card as last man, probably not a pen as contact *just about* continued into the box, but for *nothing* to be given? ridiculous.

second, Luiz on Young. in replays, you can *clearly* see Luiz's two hands grabbing hold of and dragging back Young's jersey, inside the box as he's trying to move forward, then to compound the foul, he trips him as well.

third, Sturridge on Evra. 100%, definite penalty. Evra's in front, got control of the ball, Sturridge tries to kick it away, is late, kicks Evra, 100% pen.

fourth, Ivanovic on Welbeck. 90% penalty. this is probably the softest one. it's one of those where pundits will say that the striker is being 'intelligent', tripping over the foot, rather than the foot tripping the striker. the way I generally look at these ones (how you're supposed to view penalty decisions) is to think whether this'd be a penalty outside the box. it would have been, definitely, so therefore penalty.

when I look at those, you never get all your penalty decisions, it's the way of things with the mistake probability of humans, but the fact that not one even booking was given for those 4 incidents shocks me. Cahill should have been off, as should Ivanovic for a second yellow for his challenge.

but... am I in any way complaining? no. I'm glad the game ended with 11 v 11 and think the result was a fair one. I don't think United did anything to be 3-0 down, but I don't think Chelsea deserved to lose either. it would have been sweet to win, but that was a classic match that I truly thought was a fantastic game to have experienced live.

Posted Image

#240   Tomchin

Tomchin
  • Supporters
  • LocationBelgium
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Neymar, Suarez
  • SupportsBarça

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Didn't see the missed penalties for Utd in the first half, but in the highlights that I saw those 2 penalties in the second half (3-1 and 3-2) looked extremely soft. Btw, was that about him that Ryan Babel once tweeted "Howard United" (or something like that), or was that another referee?

Anyway, regardless of his mistakes, I've never been a fan of his. His police-man style ("I'm the boss here") with his continuous chats often disrupts the flow of the game, very annoying to watch.