#331   Sir Ali

Sir Ali
  • Administrators
  • LocationNorthern Ireland
  • Fav PlayersLuis Suarez, Steven Gerrard & Philippe Coutinho
  • SupportsLiverpool & Northern Ireland

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Haha that's awesome.

"When I was younger, so much younger than today. I never needed anybody's help in any way."

Posted Image

#332   The Show Goes On

The Show Goes On

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

PlayStation 3 Official Wireless Headphones

Posted Image
Posted Image

Features
  • The Official PS3™ Wireless Stereo Headset
  • 7.1 digital surround sound* enables you to hear the enemy before they see you
  • Crystal clear conversations to strategize with teammates
  • Breathable oversized earpads allow for hours of comfortable gameplay
  • Stay informed with exclusive on-screen headset status updates**
  • Enjoy hi-fidelity sound while watching your favorite movie
  • Easily access headset Volume and Mic Mute controls
  • Retractable microphone for use only when you need it

Gizmodo Review

As great as great graphics are, splendiferously blasting sound can be just as gratifying. Sometimes we take sound for granted, or just don't care about it—but with Sony's great new 7.1 wireless surround headphones, you will care.

Sony's official surround cans sound really, really good. Yeah, the 7.1 surround sound is "virtual," in that you aren't actually surrounded by seven speakers and a subwoofer. But playing the Battlefield 3 beta with these things strapped on made me a better player, period—you can hear things better and then kill them, and then coordinate killing the next one with the built-in mic. The locational audio under the fluffy puffy headphones is wonderfully accurate, and besides that, the thrill of explosions, bullets, and exit wound screams circling you is a hell of a thrill. What do you want in a game peripheral? You want it to make your games more fun or for you to play them better. These headphones do both, wirelessly and comfortably.

No Like

The controls suck. The volume slider is tucked awkwardly behind a piece of side paneling, making it difficult to find, let alone adjust. I often found myself taking off the headphones to adjust the volume, which, yeah, is not what you want to be doing in the middle of a firefight. The surround on/off button is equally difficult to toggle, and equally a battlefield hamstring. Finally, I understand Sony wanting to avoid shitty Bluetooth audio and go with a USB dongle to relay sound instead, but losing a USB port isn't great.

Should I Buy It?

For $100, you're getting terrific gaming (or music! or Blu-ray!) sound for a fraction of what a huge speaker system would cost. A very, very small fraction. Not only are you cutting costs, but you're cutting the cord, neighbor annoyance, and bulk associated with room-quaking, bullet-slinging sound. Bullets inside your head.

I'm getting these, they look smexy + comfortable. I almost always use headphones when watching Blurays on my PS3 anyways, so this will be a welcome addition not just for movies but FIFA, Uncharted 3, etc.

#333   Mahou.

Mahou.
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland
  • SupportsReal Madrid CF

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

A few suggestions for new games to get? All kinds of games, old and new, do. The following I've owned: L.A. Noire, GTA4, RDR, Fifas, NHLs.

#334   Zin

Zin
  • Spain Moderators
  • LocationMississippi
  • Fav PlayersAbidal, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Neymar
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

Kid.

Uncharted. All three. Go go go.

!!!! I AM TOTALLY KEVIN !!!!

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Tiki-Taka Best Moderator of 2012
Tiki-Taka Best Thread "At the Bar" of 2012

#335   Matieo

Matieo
  • Fav PlayersCristian Săpunaru

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

MGS4/Bioshock.

Or die a patriot/slave.

#336   The Show Goes On

The Show Goes On

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

The Uncharted series, God of War III, Assassins Creed II & Brotherhood.

#337   LoveTheClub

LoveTheClub
  • Fav PlayersTheirry Henry, Zidane
  • SupportsArsenal FC

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:31 AM

May be I missing something but why can't I find Uncharted 3 in the playstation store? I hate buying Blu-ray disk coz might get spoiled or I would lose it (I did lose God of War II before finishing I..grrr)

If it's still unavailable then really stupid from PS. The game has being out for good number of weeks.

#338   Matieo

Matieo

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Spoiled...Lost...Do you live in a freight train in Mississippi?

They are releasing alot of retail titles on the PS Store over the last few months or so, aren't they...

I'd say that Uncharted 3 hasn't made it's way onto there for a couple of reasons, 1) the size of the game could be quite large, I mean, Among Thieves used up a crap load of the blu-ray disc itself, and/or 2) Sony simply don't need to distribute it digitally, because it's doing soo well in retail. I can't say for sure.

#339   LoveTheClub

LoveTheClub
  • Fav PlayersTheirry Henry, Zidane
  • SupportsArsenal FC

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

haha... Just my housemates and I are not the best of keepers. I would play a game for a while then put it a side to do something else. It's then when things get fucked. So I prefer digital download plus it saves the hustle of going to the shop. Thanks for the info, man. Guess I have to hit the shop then.

#340   Corrupted Tongue

Corrupted Tongue
  • LocationLondon
  • SupportsThe Arsenal

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWkKKSckNk

Apparently this trailer is a vague hint at an upcoming Sony-style Super Smash Bros which is said to be in development over at SuperBot Entertainment...

It seems Sony could well be working on its own take on Smash Bros., Nintendo's beloved first-party fighting game series.
Called (or at least code-named) Title Fight, the project, supposedly in development at SuperBot Entertainment, features a range of Sony's first-party mascosts squaring off against each other in a fighting game.

Some of the characters to star in the game which were mentioned in the original report, on Paul Gale Network, include Nathan Drake, Twisted Metal's Sweet Tooth, Killzone's Colonel Radec, Fat Princess, Kratos, Sly Cooper and even Parappa the Rappa.

Some further digging by NeoGAF members then turned up Twitter images from SuperBot employees, showing arcade sticks (which the company's home page also features) and even what looks like an image of Sweet Tooth's character model from the game.

Another tweet, from SuperBot's level designer Chris Molina, also mentions that the recently-released Sony commercial "Michael", featuring a range of PlayStation characters, was "vaguely foreshadowing" his studio's "soon to be announced title".

Kotaku

Sony has declined to comment on a rumour that it is making a PlayStation 3 exclusive Smash Bros. rival.

The console manufacturer told Eurogamer "we do not comment on rumour or speculation" when quizzed about the game, reportedly in the works at US developer SuperBot Entertainment.

Word of the mystery brawler first emerged on The Paul Gale Network, which claimed it featured a number of Sony mascots, including Parappa the Rappa (Parappa the Rapper), Kratos (God of War), Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper), Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal), Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone) and Fat Princess (Fat Princess).

The report also mentioned a Sandover Village stage (from Jak & Daxter), Hot Shots Golf characters in stage backgrounds, a LittleBigPlanet stage and a Buzz! trivia mini-game. A James Bond character is also mentioned.

Current speculation points to SuperBot Entertainment, a Culver City, California-based studio confirmed to be working on a "very amazing PS3 game" for Sony Computer Entertainment America, as developer of the game.

SuperBot's website describes the company as "an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment America" and reveals it is "currently in production of a yet-to-be announced PS3 title".

According to a job advert, SuperBot is after a senior combat designer with "a strong familiarity with fighting games and fighting game theory".

Another job advert asks for a lead designer with "a strong familiarity with online mode and matchmaking design as they apply to console gaming".

On SuperBot's website are pictures of arcade fighting sticks.

Eurogamer

Thoughts? Anyone got a character list they want to draw up? :P

EDIT: Someone on the neogaf forums had an infinitely better name than "Title Fight"...Playstation Battle Opera.......gorgeous.

Edited by J. B. Smoove, 27 November 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#341   Corrupted Tongue

Corrupted Tongue
  • LocationLondon
  • SupportsThe Arsenal

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

Abit more fuel to that fire...

Posted Image

"A PS3 exclusive you won't believe"...

I wanna see Rau Utu, Nariko and Sir Fortesque. Sony best pay for Cloud and Crash too, two characters who pretty much defined the PS1.

Edited by J. B. Smoove, 30 November 2011 - 01:39 AM.

#342   nakuu

nakuu
  • SupportsOlympique de Marseille, CanWNT

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

Can anyone recommend some games that have a co-op mode? (non-horror cause my friend refuses to play that genre :P )

#343   Matieo

Matieo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

Pretty big sale going on the PS Store this week.

Just gonna highlight a handful of them, but here's the link in case you wanna see the rest: http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-218/

Sonic Adventure (Game + Add-On) – 25% off (Believe I saw it on for $11.99, $8.99 for PS Plus members)
Grandia (Sale) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Earthworm Jim HD (Sale) (now $2.99, original price $9.99)
Bomberman Ultra (Sale) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Darkstalkers: Chaos Towers Umd Legacy (Sale) (now $4.99, original price $9.99) (PSP Only)
Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins Umd Legacy (Sale) (now $4.99, original price $9.99) (PSP Only)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (Sale) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)

#344   ChrisHolley

ChrisHolley
  • LocationEngland
  • Fav PlayersEverton Players, Silva, Vidic, Moutinho, Gotze
  • SupportsEverton FC

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

Anyone know any sites for downloading ps3 themes?

“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”
Landon Donovan

Follow me on Twitter

#345   Matieo

Matieo

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Not really. I personally just use either the default theme (as it has the most up-to-date icons) or the Playstation Anniversary theme with a custom background/wallpaper.

When it comes to wallpapers, though, there's this thread on GT that's constantly updated, and if you spend some time searching you can find some real gems through out the other two original threads.

I'm using this on my main account:

Spoiler

and something similar to this on my FPS account:

Spoiler

If it's themes, and dynamic themes in specific you're looking for then I can't really help you beyond suggesting a google search. Sorry.