TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

NeoBux

AC Milan - Chievo Verona

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#16   Bandiera

Bandiera

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

Word, Nocerino hasn't really let me down since he joined. He started out better than I expected, and just ran with it.

I just realised Amelia is playing. Is Abbiati broken?

Abbiatti picked up some minor injury in the last training session before todays game. Apparently nothing too serious.

Nocerino was so-so in his first game or two for me, but since the hat trick, he and Seedorf (both of whom I did rag on at the start of the season) have been very impressive for me

Nostalgia.....it ain't what it used to be

#17   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Van Bommel's actually having a pretty good day today. He kinda owns the middle of the park at the moment.

Is El Shaarawy on the bench? I know it'll reduce our efficiency by about 70%, but I'd like to see him come on in the second half.

Wow. That was close from Bradley.

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?

#18   Bandiera

Bandiera

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Fucking hell....that was almost stunning from Michael Bradley :o

#19   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

That's Pato! Uses his speed and skill to earn a penalty from Luciano. Ibrahimovic converts! 4-0.

Ugh, know what the bad news is? In all of these games where we score a lot in the first half, the second half is usually very slow and depressing cause we just want to conserve our energy and see the result through, maybe put some emphasis on keeping a clean sheet.

Guys, the commentator just said that there's a sort of gentleman's agreement in Italy that you never score more than a 5-goal advantage over your opponent, and that when Roma ignored that rule a few years ago against Catania (7-0) they were heavily criticized. Does anyone know if this is true?

#20   Bandiera

Bandiera

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Van Bommel's actually having a pretty good day today. He kinda owns the middle of the park at the moment.

You sound surprised judging by the word "actually"? I always liked Van Bommel before he came to us, I thought we had signed him past his best, but I think he has been excellent for us and totally worth the gamble of a free signing and would play in my strongest Milan team against anyone at the moment without a doubt if we had a fully fit squad.

Pato just using pure athleticism to win a peno and Zlatan dispatches it in unstoppable fashion

#21   Diablotelli.

Diablotelli.
  • LocationIrrelevant
  • Fav PlayersDe Sciglio, Banega, El Shaa, Montolivo, Ibra, Balo
  • SupportsACM | VCF

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Great half. Was disappointed with Pato but then he improved at the end of it, getting in good positions, dropping deep, even taking Luciano on for the penalty. Positive stuff.

#22   Silky Johnson

Silky Johnson
  • Supporters
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Keane, RVP, Rooney, Bradley, Altidore.
  • SupportsManchester United, Los Angeles Galaxy, and USMNT.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

MB over committed on the first goal, been good for Chievo ever since...big test for him.

Edited by 0, 27 November 2011 - 08:49 PM.

241knxk.png

#23   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

You sound surprised judging by the word "actually"? I always liked Van Bommel before he came to us, I thought we had signed him past his best, but I think he has been excellent for us and totally worth the gamble of a free signing and would play in my strongest Milan team against anyone at the moment without a doubt if we had a fully fit squad.

Don't get me wrong he's in my strongest formation as well, but I feel that his form has took a decent drop from last year. Obviously that's not true in today's game, but just as an average throughout this season. You've felt no drop in form from him this year?

Ugh, Ibrahimovic so close to bagging a hat trick after just 40 seconds.

#24   Bandiera

Bandiera

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

I've only seen about 2 full games this season in all honesty Faisal so I cant judge that well and he's the kinda player that doesnt really show in highlights packages that much so I havent been able to judge him that well, but I havent noticed him being particularly bad. He has had at least one if not 2 completely new midfielders playing alongside him in Nocerino and Aquilani for large parts as well and has gone from being the filler to being the leader of the midfield.

I think if he has had any drop, it's been understandable

Oh look....we're gonna give up playing now....Urby is coming on!

For Prince :)

Edited by 0, 27 November 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#25   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hahaha aw did anyone see Aquilani's face whilst he was waiting to see if it was him that's coming off for Emanuelson? He was about to cry. Hope he scores one, being in the state of mind where you make that face is just no way for a man to live.

#26   adriano.

adriano.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Faisal, the commentator is right about the gentlemen's agreement. It's a, "we get it, you've thrashed us. Let's not make humiliation into an insult" sorta thing.

#27   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

Nice save there from Yepes.

Ibrahimovic off for Robinho.

Faisal, the commentator is right about the gentlemen's agreement. It's a, "we get it, you've thrashed us. Let's not make humiliation into an insult" sorta thing.

Messi and Ronaldo's goal-scoring statistics would take a drastic change if that were true in Spain.

#28   Bandiera

Bandiera

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Robinho really does seem to find new ways of fucking up attacks consistently

El Sharaawy for Pato

#29   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

Galliani: "Van Bommel played his best game of the season. If he keeps on like this, he’ll definitely be in our thoughts come the end of the season." Meaning we'll probably renew his contract. And fair enough, if he's putting in those kinds of performances, he most definitely deserves it.

#30   Diablotelli.

Diablotelli.
  • LocationIrrelevant
  • Fav PlayersDe Sciglio, Banega, El Shaa, Montolivo, Ibra, Balo
  • SupportsACM | VCF

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Still think we can do better... he can't last long like this, we'll get overrun in europe if not in Serie A. Didn't Galliani say he only gives people over 30 1 year extensions?