TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Round 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • SupportsPorto, Freamunde, Sydney, Portugal & Australia

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

Posted Image

Week 3

Date - Home - Away - Venue - Local - AEDT

Friday, 21 October 2011 - Brisbane Roar - Gold Coast United - Suncorp Stadium - 7:30pm - 8:30pm

Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Adelaide United - Sydney FC - Hindmarsh Stadium - 5:00pm - 5:30pm

Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Melbourne Victory - Melbourne Heart - Etihad Stadium - 7:45pm - 7:45pm

Sunday, 23 October 2011 - Newcastle Jets - Central Coast Mariners - Ausgrid Stadium - 5:00pm - 5:00pm

Sunday, 23 October 2011 - Perth Glory - Wellington Phoenix - nib Stadium - 4:30pm - 7:30pm

30-game undefeated Roar come up against Gold Coast United who have surprised many with 2 draws in the first 2 rounds. Adelaide host a winless Sydney. The Melbourne Derby is back with both teams looking to seal their first win of the season. The F3 derby sees Newcastle, who may have their new coach by the start of the match, host rivals Central Coast who are surprisingly yet to win whilst Perth Glory will be looking to continue their fine form against a depleted Wellington side.

#2   Poldi.

Poldi.
  • LocationHobart, Australia
  • Fav PlayersCazorla, Podolski, Mertesacker, Vermaelen
  • SupportsArsenal

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

Another Sunday afternoon game for Glory... <_<

Posted Image

#3   GunnerVictory

GunnerVictory
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Fav PlayersŠuker, Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie, Cahill
  • SupportsMelbourne, Arsenal, Australia and Hrvatska

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

Can't wait for the Derby on Saturday. First win of the season for sure. Fuck off Heart!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

Don't get too confident. I have a feeling it will be a draw. :)

#5   Piksi

Piksi
  • SupportsSerbians

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Experiencing the after match derby fights makes me wish I was a Victory fan for tomorrows game.

Can't wait for the boxing day match, will be so much better than tonight.

#6   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:32 PM

I ended up watching the first 30 minutes of Brisbane vs Gold Coast and I was surprised at how well GCU played - I don't know what happened during the rest of the match for them to lose 3-0 BUT they matched Brisbane in terms of creating chances and moving the ball around. It was impressive and if they continue to play that way throughout the year, they'll have a good season.

#7   Piksi

Piksi
  • SupportsSerbians

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:41 AM

Yeah I dunno either, I was in The Den so I wasn't really paying much attention. From what I saw Paartalu didn't have a good game and if he plays bad our whole team fails.

#8   Piksi

Piksi
  • SupportsSerbians

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

Slory is really shit lol.

inb4 he scores against us on Friday.

#9   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

Watched Adelaide vs Sydney and I couldn't believe the change in the way we played. We were finally rotating in the front line instead of having 5 players stand in a straight line at the front waiting for the ball to come. Not only was there plenty of movement but we were very positive when distributing the ball and moving with the ball. A particular example was Coyne who throughout the season and preseason has always passed the ball backward when there was any sort of sign of an opponent but yesterday afternoon he was making runs up the line which was fantastic and caused Adelaide plenty of problems due to getting overlapped. Coyne even scored our first goal.

If we can keep it up, we should be able to make the finals but I'll take it a week at a time before I get my hopes up. They haven't played like that once since the start of preseason. We are still playing with a few useless players and it feels like we are playing with 9 men at times - McFlynn and Bruno are useless. McFlynn couldn't pass a ball if he tried and Bruno is as slow as a grandma. We're looking for a Director of Football so I can't wait when these useless players get told to pack their bags and piss off.

We now have 4 points whilst both Melbourne teams have 3 combined points. Winning! :P

#10   GunnerVictory

GunnerVictory
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Fav PlayersŠuker, Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie, Cahill
  • SupportsMelbourne, Arsenal, Australia and Hrvatska

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:17 AM

We were absolutely dire last night. We really need to lift our game. My mates were saying that they had never seen a more boring game, i have to agree with them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11   Poldi.

Poldi.
  • LocationHobart, Australia
  • Fav PlayersCazorla, Podolski, Mertesacker, Vermaelen
  • SupportsArsenal

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

Another win for the Glory.

Didn't manage to watch the game but that's 9 points from 3 games to keep our perfect start in tact. Smeltz looks like he's settled in now nicely.

Posted Image

#12   Alex Miguel

Alex Miguel
  • Australian Moderators

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

I honestly didn't think Perth would start off this well despite the players they have - I never felt Ferguson was a good coach. I still haven't watched them play so I'll keep my judgement on how they'll fair for the rest of the season until I see them play.