Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

Please just stop.

#32   La Fidanzata

La Fidanzata
  • Italy Moderators
  • Fav PlayersGianluigi Buffon
  • SupportsJuventus

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Wow. Nesta. Shocking reaction from him. Lucky to still be on the pitch.

FINO ALLA FINE.

#33   Creed Bratton

Creed Bratton

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

It should be red defo. Silly and unexpectional from Nesta

Posted Image

#34   adriano.

adriano.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

In fairness to all that is wonderful in the world, Aronica is a douchebag. He's always starting shit with Milan's players - recall Pato from last season.

Edited by adriano., 18 September 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#35   La Fidanzata

La Fidanzata
  • Italy Moderators
  • Fav PlayersGianluigi Buffon
  • SupportsJuventus

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

In fairness to all that is wonderful in the world, Aronica is a doucebag. He's always starting shit with Milan's players - recall Pato from last season.

So is Mark van Bommel if we're going to judge based on past crimes. :P

FINO ALLA FINE.

#36   adriano.

adriano.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

Haha I never said he wasn't! :P

Milan have sucked. If they're going to make me wake up at 4.45am, at least have the decency to string together more than four passes all game! I don't even know who to direct most of my frustration towards. I want to say Cassano for being completely ineffectual after his cross for the opener, and I want to say Seedorf for not really doing anything despite having so much of the ball. But then I'd feel bad for not mentioning the whole rest of the team who have been just as lacklustre.

Napoli, meanwhile, have carried out their mission to perfection. Organised at the back, lightning quick on the counter attack and deadly in the finish. Not much more you could ask as Mazzarri.

Edited by adriano., 18 September 2011 - 08:47 PM.

#37   Creed Bratton

Creed Bratton

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

FT: Napoli 3-1 Milan! Great win for Napoli and nice start so far

Posted Image

#38   Diablotelli.

Diablotelli.
  • LocationIrrelevant
  • Fav PlayersDe Sciglio, Banega, El Shaa, Montolivo, Ibra, Balo
  • SupportsACM | VCF

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Cheer up, folks. Remember last season? We lost to Cesena away in week 2, what did we end up with? The Scudetto.

#39   Conte.

Conte.
  • LocationParow

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Milan were far too open in this game. I was amazed at the amount of space they allowed Napoli to counter attack. You have to give credit to Napoli though. They took advantage of Milan not having any wide midfielders and really stretched the play using the width to their advantage. This meant that Nocerino and Seedorf were drawn to the wider areas to cover those threats and in turn opened up the central areas for Napoli to penetrate them. Gargano's run for Cavani's second just showed how open Milan were on the counter.
I'll drink to that

#40   Carl Monday

Carl Monday
  • LocationSydney
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Sneijder, Zidane, Pirlo, Gerrard
  • SupportsLiverpool

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Cheer up, folks. Remember last season? We lost to Cesena away in week 2, what did we end up with? The Scudetto.

yeah but Cesena wasnt a realistic scudetto rival. according to the OP this is a a match between the two best teams right now in italy (true) and Napoli came out very convincing. they should be taken seriously

Posted Image

everybody has an idol

#41   dansta

dansta
  • Fav PlayersMessi, L.Suarez, Cavani, Abel
  • SupportsC.A. Peñarol, Uruguay

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

dat dere Uruguayans. Cavani is a beast. Gargano was tank too.
La PelotaNo Se Mancha

#42   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

It's almost impossible to accept that fact. Like last year, they were awesome and really pushed us, but you kind of knew all along that they weren't an actual threat. Or at least I felt that way. I remember there was a week where they had a shot at actually being first, but the pressure got to them and they dropped points like 2-3 weeks in a row. They felt like a small but hugely aspiring club. Just a team that would keep us on our toes all year long, but never really do much more.

This year however, it feels very different. When I saw their bench at half time, and realized that they could really fuck us up if they went all out, it didn't feel like I was playing against a small team. It was a team with actual top quality players who could be starting at many of Europe's very best (Cavani, Hamsik, Lavezzi, Inler, Maggio) supported by fantastic players like Gargano, P. Cannavaro, and Dossena, with a bench that has the likes of Mascara and Pandev, led by a fantastic tactician in the form of Mazzarri.

Didn't feel like a small club at all. Didn't feel like someone who would keep you on your toes, it felt like someone who would punch you in the face then kick you in the balls then push you to the floor and break your nose with their boots and flick their cigarette at you and walk away.

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?

#43   Roberto Rivelino

Roberto Rivelino
  • Portugal Moderators
  • LocationPortugal.
  • Fav PlayersDonovan, Hugo Viana, Plasil, Huth, Pavlyuchenko
  • SupportsJuventus, Porto and any Joga Bonito Team

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

yeah but Cesena wasnt a realistic scudetto rival. according to the OP this is a a match between the two best teams right now in italy (true) and Napoli came out very convincing. they should be taken seriously

Don't worry because Napoli isn't a scudetto rival as well. Not comparing Cesena to Napoli, because there's no comparation possible, though.

Once Napoli find their-selves in pressure, they will turn out to be just like the other teams. And now with the Champions League going on, even worse it will get for them. More than half of their squad don't have experience on the CL, and that will make them tired and accuse the pressure. Also, they can't look at their back and say "Heck, this shirt is heavy", like any Inter, Milan or Juventus player can do. I don't think they are serious contenders to be honest.

All my Video Match Compilations were taken from Youtube, therefore, they'll be (all) updated on my blog.
Follow me if you please on Roberto Rivelino. Thanks.

#44   adriano.

adriano.

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:28 AM

Didn't feel like a small club at all. Didn't feel like someone who would keep you on your toes, it felt like someone who would punch you in the face then kick you in the balls then push you to the floor and break your nose with their boots and flick their cigarette at you and walk away.

:lol: That's hilarious.

Don't worry because Napoli isn't a scudetto rival as well. Not comparing Cesena to Napoli, because there's no comparation possible, though.

Once Napoli find their-selves in pressure, they will turn out to be just like the other teams. And now with the Champions League going on, even worse it will get for them. More than half of their squad don't have experience on the CL, and that will make them tired and accuse the pressure. Also, they can't look at their back and say "Heck, this shirt is heavy", like any Inter, Milan or Juventus player can do. I don't think they are serious contenders to be honest.

I don't share your nonchalance, Rivelinho. Napoli may not have put together a squad that can challenge for the Champions League, but they are without doubt a very serious contender for the league title - injuries permitting. As Faisal said in his post, there was a point last season where Napoli had the opportunity to wrest control of the standings, but through inexperience and the lost points that resulted from it, they slipped down the order. I certainly don't think Napoli is going to romp to the title (there is much more to come from Milan, for one), but to write them off as also-rans right after they did away with last season's champions in what was quite an emphatic manner is irrational.

From a Milan perspective, I thought the team lacked shape, creativity and direction when attacking and suffered from a lack of energy to fill space during the defensive phase. Boateng's high pressing was sorely missed, and while I thought Nocerino had a decent game, Seedorf offered next to nothing in helping to stem the speed and efficacy of Napoli's counters. We were discussing before the game about the roles of Seedorf and Aquilani, and from what I could tell, they generally occupied the areas that we had hoped they would (Seedorf at LCM, Aquilani at CAM). Without Boateng, a midfield of Aquilani, Seedorf, Van Bommel and Nocerino does not have nearly enough pace and energy to offer enough protection against Napoli's explosive midfield running. Add to that the inability of both Seedorf and Aquilani to offer any real control of the midfield or attacking thirds, and you're left with a limp, stale hole in the centre of the formation. In future, when Milan are facing teams like Napoli, Udinese and Palermo who have all caused us trouble in the past with their direct, no-nonsense counter attacking play, I would be very much in favour of only one of Aquilani/Seedorf starting the match - preferably with Boateng at CAM.

Up front Cassano and Pato picked up where they left off against Barcelona - no where. For two supremely skilled individuals who have had success with a number of striking partners, I find it remarkable that these two have zero chemistry between them. Ibrahimovic is another player who was missed in this game, if only for his ability to pull goals out of his hat and occasional acceptance of his role as Milan's first layer of defence. Cassano's cross for Aquilani's goal was great, but he cannot continue to only provide one moment of quality among a thousand of mediocrity. Of the two, Pato always seemed the more likely to score, and it should be the Brazilian who retains his position once Ibrahimovic returns.

It's also baffling how this same team could keep Barcelona down to two goals, and even manage to score two of their own - and then concede three goals to Napoli. In terms of defensive organisation, it was like watching two completely different teams in the red and black. Hoping for improvement soon.

Edited by adriano., 19 September 2011 - 02:29 AM.

#45   Slauson

Slauson

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:01 AM

3. I like that Napoli is going to win this game.