Game Time

1117 replies to this topic

#1   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

Posted Image

If you watched the Inter-Roma game a few hours ago, you'll know without a shred of a doubt that tonight's game between us and Napoli is the game between the two strongest sides in Italy.

With that being the case, making the away trip to San Paolo might just be the most difficult game in Milan's calendar this year. A win here, with the injury stricken squad we have, would be a sign of strength and a signal of dominance. I don't think we can hope for a lot here, but even a narrow win against this Napoli would be awesome.

Having played a pretty good game against Manchester City on Thursday in England, Mazzari's side might not have the legs to put up a grand performance against us - something which Mazzari has stressed in the past few days - but I doubt the single day's difference will give us some magical boost - especially against our very physical game against Barcelona - so I think the sides will be pretty matched up in terms of fitness.
Milan are without Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Boateng, Ambrosini, and Gattuso. Along with all the other long-term injuries that is. We get back Taiwo though, although he probably won't be fit enough to start this one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Al termine della seduta Mister Allegri ha diramato la lista dei 21 convocati per la trasferta di Napoli:

Abbiati, Amelia, Roma, Abate, Antonini, Bonera, Nesta, Taiwo, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Aquilani, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Seedorf, Valoti (57), Van Bommel, Carmona (55), Cassano, El-Shaarawy, Ganz (56), Pato.

I'd love to see El-Shaarawy get some minutes. Even if only out of pure curiosity.

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?

#2   Diablotelli.

Diablotelli.
  • LocationIrrelevant
  • Fav PlayersDe Sciglio, Banega, El Shaa, Montolivo, Ibra, Balo
  • SupportsACM | VCF

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

EL SHAARAWY. OMG. Moving on, I have a gut feeling Pato will be lethal vs Napoli, with that wonder goal giving him a huge boost of confidence. Also, am I the only one who isn't impressed with Seedorf in Trequartista? He didn't play all that well up the field against Barca, I felt Aquilani should've came on instead of Ambro when Boa got injured. I just feel he always plays much better in the LCM role. Also happy to see Aquilani, I'm expecting him to start this. Wouldn't mind seeing Emanuelson at some point, too.

Should be a very tight game, probably 2-1 or 1-0.

#3   fidelity

fidelity

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:19 AM

1. I like that those pictures came from patohome.com.
2. I like that Campagnaro's name didn't fit.
3. I like that Napoli is going to win this game.

#4   Phil Parma

Phil Parma

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:27 AM

I prefer to see Zuniga over Dossena. Hope Pandev will show some class and will score this time in empty goals.
Forza Napoli!

Posted Image

#5   adriano.

adriano.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:15 AM

You're not the only one that feels that way about Seedorf, Tamim - all of us do. I would hope that after another poor performance from Clarence in an advanced role, Allegri has finally accepted that he should never play there. It makes absolutely no sense to me why you wouldn't just switch Seedorf and Aquilani in that formation that Faisal posted in the opening post.

Seedorf would get to play in his best role, and Aquilani would get more freedom to make the sort of passes he did to play Cassano in for our first goal against Lazio.

I'm not holding my breath.

#6   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

I agree with the Aquilani-Seedorf thing.

#7   Phil Parma

Phil Parma

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

#8   La Vecchia Guardia

La Vecchia Guardia
  • Italy Moderators
  • SupportsAC Milan

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

It looks like Allegri agrees with us as well. Latest reports before the match say that Seedorf will be in LCM, and Aquilani will be in AMF. I can see why it bothers Allegri, I think Allegri wants Aquilani to be really good at LCM because he still wants Boateng in AMF when he's back from injury.

But for tonight, it's definitely the right call to play Seedorf in LCM and Aquilani in AMF. Also seems Bonera will play instead of Antonini in LB.

From Napoli's side, Lavezzi trained normally with the team today, so he might make it to the bench if not the starting XI.

#9   Diablotelli.

Diablotelli.
  • LocationIrrelevant
  • SupportsACM | VCF

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

Wow, Allegri really doesn't like Antonini, does he? :/ Bonera at left back? I remember the Bari game 2 seasons ago, we were playing away and he was playing LB, he barely attacked, and when he did, he sucked.

#10   Rodgers

Rodgers
  • LocationParow

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

When is Taiwo due back?
I'll drink to that

#11   Phil Parma

Phil Parma

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

NAPOLI (3-4-2-1): De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Dossena; Hamsik, Lavezzi; Cavani. All.: Mazzarri. In panchina: Rosati, Fernandez, Dzemaili, Zuniga, Santana, Mascara, Pandev.
MILAN (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Nocerino, Van Bommel, Aquilani; Seedorf; Pato, Cassano. All.: Allegri. In panchina: Amelia, Yepes, Bonera, Valoti, Taiwo, Emanuelson, El Shaarawy.

Posted Image

#12   adriano.

adriano.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

Allegri makes my face hurt.

#13   Diablotelli.

Diablotelli.
  • LocationIrrelevant
  • SupportsACM | VCF

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

OMG AQUILANI YOU'RE SO AWESOME. 1-0.

#14   Phil Parma

Phil Parma

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Damn.... 1-0 Aqulanni scores diving header.

Posted Image

#15   Diablotelli.

Diablotelli.
  • LocationIrrelevant
  • SupportsACM | VCF

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Damn.