TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Liga BBVA 2011/2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#1   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

Posted Image

It's never easy around here. With the league scheduled to (supposedly) start on the weekend of the 20th-21st August, the country gets together for another seven or eight months of hilarity. The pitches will be pristine, fresh dew still lingering on the grass. Jerseys will be pressed, printed, folded, and sold. Fresh footballs by the bucket carried into the grounds. But first, the association has to get the footballers to show up to the games.

La Liga and Segunda División players will go on strike for the first two weekends of the new Spanish season as the players' union steps up pressure on the league for a new deal over conditions. [Guardian.co.uk]

Some things to chit-chat about: Málaga's clever, quiet squad-building under the thumb of their money-bags owner; the dichotomy between Barcelona and Real Madrid monopolising the league and eroding Spanish football; the prospects for Betis, Rayo Vallecano, and Granada as participants in the top flight, and whatever else, I suppose.

I'll leave you folks with some websites you can read when you want to know what's happening in Spain, or in Sid Lowe's mind.

#2   Mahou.

Mahou.
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland
  • SupportsReal Madrid CF

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

It would be a pity not to see Barcelona paying a visit to the filled-with-oh-so-many-Scandinavian-tourists Málaga. It's wishful thinking, but I wouldn't mind to see the big two struggle throughout the season, and Málaga, especially at their house, are potentially a very tricky fixture. You are very lucky for missing the Villarreal at home, as well, Mujjers. (Yes, I am biased, but this blows.)

Also, zonalmarking is a good site, if you are interested in the tactical side of the game. And if Real Madrid are amongst your interests, then UnaMadridista worth checking. She knows just about everything about the squad, as well as the city of Madrid.

#3   Ximo

Ximo
  • LocationRa's Al Khaimah
  • Fav PlayersVíctor Ruiz
  • SupportsValencia CF

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Probably won't be much interest on here, but the Valencia website that I've been working on has an interview with LaLigaLoca.

The questions are all being submitted by the readers, so, if anyone on here wants any questions answered by him about Spanish football (doesn't have to be about Valencia), feel free to let me know and I'll give you the details.

Apologies if this sort of thing isn't allowed.

#4   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters
  • SupportsClaudia Cardinale

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

Probably won't be much interest on here, but the Valencia website that I've been working on has an interview with LaLigaLoca.

The questions are all being submitted by the readers, so, if anyone on here wants any questions answered by him about Spanish football (doesn't have to be about Valencia), feel free to let me know and I'll give you the details.

Apologies if this sort of thing isn't allowed.

Of course that's allowed! I met Tim, kind of, when we did a podcast together, he's a really great lad. Ask him if there's anyone going to contend with Valencia for 3rd spot and if he thinks Málaga can break into the top 4

Also, since he's a Getafe fan, ask him where all their money went :P Bet he's delighted with Dani Guïza's signing jeje

Derek

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#5   Zin

Zin
  • Spain Moderators
  • LocationMississippi
  • Fav PlayersAbidal, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Pique, Neymar
  • SupportsFC Barcelona

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

I'm interested Ximo!

!!!! I AM TOTALLY KEVIN !!!!

And who are you , the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Tiki-Taka Best Moderator of 2012
Tiki-Taka Best Thread "At the Bar" of 2012

#6   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Don't forget to ask Tim about Getafe's new advertising campaign!

Derek

#7   Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia
  • SupportsReal Madrid CF

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Don't forget to ask Tim about Getafe's new advertising campaign!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIi6BTzxWII&feature=player_embedded
:D

I think the takeover is not yet official. They'll hand over the club to Dubai group in July 2012, I think

Edited by 0, 18 August 2011 - 08:05 PM.

Posted Image

#8   Jag

Jag
  • Moderators
  • LocationCanada
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Batistuta
  • SupportsFC Barcelona, Argentina

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:35 AM

Haha was just about to post that. It's not everyday you get to see some tits on YouTube. Should probably put a NSFW warning around that :P

Posted Image

#9   Andalucia

Andalucia
  • Fav PlayersRaul López
  • SupportsCádiz CF

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

What an original advertising campaign from Getafe!
Cádiz CF, NoSólo 11

#10   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

Nine (9) Liga clubs without sponsors on their shirts for the coming season. Wow.

#11   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

Agirretxe is a phenomenon!

Derek

#12   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

September 17th

Granada 1-0 Villarreal
Mallorca 0-1 Malaga
Sporting Gijon 0-1 Valencia
Barcelona 8-0 Osasuna
Sevilla 1-0 Real Sociedad

September 18th

Getafe - Rayo Vallecano
Zaragoza - Espanyol
Atletico Madrid - Racing Santander
Levante - Real Madrid
Athletic Bilbao - Real Betis

Shock result from Granada thus far, with everybody else more or less winning as expected. Tonight I’m thinking Athletic Bilbao - Real Betis will be a pretty game. My internet is shocking slow, so here’s hoping it’s televised. Chances are Atletico and Real Madrid get the nod, though.

#13   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

Unless they only show 2 la Liga matches per Sunday in your region, you should be able to see all matches, Muj. None are played simultaneously. I like it, and I'm a fan of the kick off at noon on Sunday.

So you could watch Atleti, although I could understand if you prefer Utd - Chelsea :whistling:

Derek

#14   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

ESPN Australia usually shows three Liga fixtures each weekend, with two of those typically being Real Madrid and Barcelona.

However, I’ve checked the schedule and they are indeed televising Athletic Bilbao - Real Betís at 5:55am!

#15   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

Some strange results all around!

September 18th

Getafe 0-1 Rayo Vallecano
Zaragoza 2-1 Espanyol
Atletico Madrid 4-0 Racing Santander
Levante 1-0 Real Madrid
Athletic Bilbao 2-3 Real Betís