TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

Battlefield 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#61   OGC

OGC
  • SupportsAjax & Chelsea

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

It's a free game, can't really complain.

Multiplayer is incredibly hard in Battlefield 3. I'm far from the best in FPS but I'm not 1 kill and 13 deaths bad.

#62   Matieo

Matieo
  • Fav PlayersCristian Săpunaru

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

If someone handed me Call of Juarez: The Cartel for free, I'd complain. I'd complain with my fists and loud voice.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, and certainly a change of pace from most close quarter's shooters. Patience and precision, they'll say, but unless you're playing on PC the game can be terribly unforgiving for console players - especially Recon Posted Image and that's not to say, oh, well if you're not good at this game then you're not good at all, far from it, Battlefield 3 tries to do alot of things, some better than others, but mostly just ends up creating flaws and unbalancing. More realism doesn't always equal more fun.

Having said that, there are reasons to play this game...I for one got a headshot from 764m the other day Posted Image and well, the reaction that fortunate soul had was priceless, thus time well spent.

So, what are you then if you aren't 1:13 bad? 1:12?

#63   Matieo

Matieo

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

PS3 version of BF3 got a huge ass patch today - 753MB big from what I recall. Here's what it fixed:

Spoiler

DICE also managed to bring down the total points required to unlock weapons for multiplayer via co-op. I had 90,000 some points and the M39 EMR was at around 257,000 points, but now I not only have that unlocked, but also the Raffica machine pistol. The last unlock is at 160,000 points and not the ridiculous 375-400,000 it was before. Good stuff. Also heard that IRNV scope got nerfd - not sure how bad, but people, as you'd imagine, are already complaining.

#64   SithAnakin

SithAnakin
  • LocationUnited States
  • SupportsLAG & MUFC

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

Man, I haven't played in a while so i jump on and find it nearly impossible to take out heli's and jets. At one point, I battled a heli for like 5-6 minutes, the guy would set off his flares as I fired with the Stinger; I tried timing after the flares but would have the lock disappear. Only started playing well in my last 3 games too. :(

#65   Matieo

Matieo

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaGhE_sejI

*takesoffsunglasses*

Mother of God...

#66   Matieo

Matieo

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMYLUvLVZ-Y

The fuck? I've been doing this for FREE all along! gonna have to start charging my platoon for every motion sensor assist I get for their kills.

Here's the article on Kotaku.

#67   Matieo

Matieo

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-QC0W7LPPc

Posted Image

#68   LoveTheClub

LoveTheClub
  • Fav PlayersTheirry Henry, Zidane
  • SupportsArsenal FC

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

I bought this about a week back. From noob perspective, I find this game better than MW3 which I had for a month before selling to a mate. It's far more informative than MW3 and for that I love it. Gives you VISUAL directions in the campaign mode as well as Co-op. And to some extend in the multiplayer mode. The only let down though is it doesn't have split screen but I am not too fussed about it.

I just have one stupid noob question in online multiplayer, how the bloody hell do I differentiate my teams from opponents? lol. This is for the same reason I didn't enjoy the MW3. I am not bad in shooting games in general as am really good in counter strike for the simplicity of "Counter vs Terrorist" both wearing different outfits. May be these modern shooting games are not for me. I enjoy RPG games and sports like FIFA and Football manager.

Edited by 0, 08 March 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#69   OGC

OGC
  • SupportsAjax & Chelsea

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Press select, if it comes up red then he's your enemy. If a guy pops up infront of you all of a sudden, shoot first :)

#70   LoveTheClub

LoveTheClub
  • SupportsArsenal FC

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Red will show in the mini map?

#71   The Iceman

The Iceman
  • LocationHere
  • Fav PlayersJames Hunt
  • SupportsVodka

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I think normally when you aim at the person it'll turn orange, then he's your enemy. Blue is from your own team.

I find it hard to evolve in the fighter jet.

#72   OGC

OGC
  • SupportsAjax & Chelsea

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Red will show in the mini map?

Yeah, all the enemies that your team has identified will come up red for a certain amount of time.

You have to personally meet the person though, you can't just press select and boom, all the enemies come up on the map.

#73   LoveTheClub

LoveTheClub
  • SupportsArsenal FC

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

I think normally when you aim at the person it'll turn orange, then he's your enemy. Blue is from your own team.

I find it hard to evolve in the fighter jet.

Yeah, all the enemies that your team has identified will come up red for a certain amount of time.

You have to personally meet the person though, you can't just press select and boom, all the enemies come up on the map.

Thanks, lads. I have finally got used to this.

I have to improve my aiming though... I am decent at it but sometimes I see opponent before he does but I end up dead because mis-firing. That and I absolutely have to learn the maps... Few I have rough idea but mastering will take me a lot of time.

#74   Diablotelli.

Diablotelli.
  • LocationIrrelevant
  • Fav PlayersDe Sciglio, Banega, El Shaa, Montolivo, Ibra, Balo
  • SupportsACM | VCF

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

How do you guys think of the new CQC dlc? I personally like it, a change from the regular large maps. One of the guns I like the most from the DLC probably is the AUG A3.

#75   LoveTheClub

LoveTheClub
  • SupportsArsenal FC

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

It is fun when: The whole opposing team doesn't carry shotguns (Spas-12 slug is really annoying me now) and C4 on the flags. C4 on the flag especially when he's camping near it as well is just damnnn annoying. Other than that I like it. As I usually play engineer I just love the MTAR such beast gun.