TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

The San Iker and World Cup Winning Real Madrid Players Thread

5349 replies to this topic

#2371   Tre

Tre
  • Fav PlayersMarcelo

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Key player next season. The dynamic and fluidity of Madrid's attacking game is on a completely different level when he's playing. He knows how to pass and where to move, I assume its a joy to be playing with him more than any other player at Madrid atm.

Edited by Nebuchadnezzar, 24 June 2011 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image

#2372   Juanito.

Juanito.
  • Spain Moderators
  • Fav PlayersRaúl González
  • SupportsReal Madrid CF

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

42 - Top 5 Assists in Top 5 leagues 2008-2011 - 1 Özil 42, 2 Xavi 41, 3 Messi 39, 4 Cossu 35, 5 Dani Alves 34. Request.

OptaJoe

Maestro

Hasta el final, Vamos Real

#2373   Juanito.

Juanito.
  • Spain Moderators
  • Fav PlayersRaúl González
  • SupportsReal Madrid CF

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

Apparently Gago has been talking shit lately about Real Madrid. There are no links on AS/Marca yet (i found out via twitter). I expect them up shortly. But yeah, he's as good as gone.

Hasta el final, Vamos Real

#2374   Jag

Jag
  • Moderators
  • LocationCanada
  • Fav PlayersMessi, Batistuta
  • SupportsFC Barcelona, Argentina

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

Apparently Gago has been talking shit lately about Real Madrid. There are no links on AS/Marca yet (i found out via twitter). I expect them up shortly. But yeah, he's as good as gone.

Not really shit talk if you ask me. Sometimes the truth just hurts :P

Gago (Real Madrid): "Barcelona are the best team in history. Far better than Real Madrid. It was impossible to beat them this year." [espn]

Fernando Gago (Real Madrid): "Our fans kept on thinking it was possible to beat Barcelona. They just couldn't admit it wasn't." [espn]

In all seriousness though, it's pretty damn weird for any Real Madrid player to come out with comments such as these.

Posted Image

#2375   ivan1real

ivan1real

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

http://es.eurosport....r-superior.html

I would send Pedro Leon to kick his ass.

#2376   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters
  • SupportsClaudia Cardinale

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

That's shocking from Gago. AS has caught it: http://www.as.com/fu...asdasftb_44/Tes

Derek

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#2377   SeriousSam

SeriousSam

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

it's so impossible that we won the copa del rey final. he's frustrated, poor guy. let him go for free or send him to castilla.

#2378   Mike

Mike
  • Fav PlayersKate Upton
  • SupportsArmenia NT, Real Madrid C.F. USMNT, LA Galaxy

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

If Alves doesn't dive and we would have been facing United in the final. Simple as that.

Posted Image

Click on Higuain's nipple.

#2379   Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia
  • SupportsReal Madrid CF

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

Asshole.
Posted Image

#2380   ivan1real

ivan1real

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:02 AM

watched that interview a few hours ago, can't remember his exact words, but I'm pretty sure he was misquoted. He basically said that FCB is one of the best clubs in the world and then the subject moved on to the 4 deathly clasicos and how badly it hurt the RM team and mostly, fans. If I remember correctly, the "fans don't get it" quote means that they would never know what it means to play against your historic rival 4 times in a row. One of Argentina's biggest clubs, River Plate (hello Higuain, Di Stefano) is headed for relegation. In their latest match, some fans actually broke into the field and demanded more courage and better play from the players in a rather agressive way. The issue is on everybody's mouths rn, even a constant hashtag on Twitter Argentina, and what Gago meant was that sometimes the fans demand better result from the players but in RM's case, it's hard to stand back and realize that they're playing 4 times in a row against their biggest rival, who is not easy to beat, we all know that. One of the best teams in the world, let's just admit it. There's always trouble on argentine-to-english translations and misquotations since argentines take everything lightly when they speak, mostly in this interview in which they talked about the "cassette" some fb players "play" out of their mouths on interviews/press confs when they don't want to say how they really feel (we ALL know this cassette that brings nothing new to the table and makes everything seem okay). I don't know the dude personally but I'm 90% sure he was conveniently misquoted. What I understood from the interview was that RM was thrown into the situation of playing 4 times in a row against the best team in the world, and when the fans demand more quality, it may not be so easy to get it.

http://twitter.com/#!/stillwiredin

#2381   Tre

Tre
  • Fav PlayersMarcelo

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:33 AM

If Gago said that, he needs to gtfo as soon as possible. Schuster was sacked for a similar statement and he was much more important than Gago to the project.

Posted Image

#2382   Mane Garrincha

Mane Garrincha

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

If Alves doesn't dive and we would have been facing United in the final. Simple as that.

This is a huge assumption. There is no way we can know how the matches would have gone had Pepe been on the pitch.

░▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄
██░░░░░██▀░░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░░█
███░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░███
▀███▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░███
░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░█████
░░░█░▄▀▄░░░░░░▄▀▄░░░░████
░▄░█░░▀░░▄▀▄░░░▀░░░▄░░█
░█▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█
░█▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░█
░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

#2383   Mike

Mike
  • Fav PlayersKate Upton
  • SupportsArmenia NT, Real Madrid C.F. USMNT, LA Galaxy

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

This is a huge assumption. There is no way we can know how the matches would have gone had Pepe been on the pitch.

270 minutes of play with no scoring from open play says otherwise.

Posted Image

Click on Higuain's nipple.

#2384   El Fiel

El Fiel
  • LocationEurasia
  • Fav PlayersRubén de la Red, Esteban Granero, Fernando Redondo
  • SupportsReal Madrid Club de Fútbol, La Furia Roja

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

watched that interview a few hours ago, can't remember his exact words, but I'm pretty sure he was misquoted. He basically said that FCB is one of the best clubs in the world and then the subject moved on to the 4 deathly clasicos and how badly it hurt the RM team and mostly, fans. If I remember correctly, the "fans don't get it" quote means that they would never know what it means to play against your historic rival 4 times in a row. One of Argentina's biggest clubs, River Plate (hello Higuain, Di Stefano) is headed for relegation. In their latest match, some fans actually broke into the field and demanded more courage and better play from the players in a rather agressive way. The issue is on everybody's mouths rn, even a constant hashtag on Twitter Argentina, and what Gago meant was that sometimes the fans demand better result from the players but in RM's case, it's hard to stand back and realize that they're playing 4 times in a row against their biggest rival, who is not easy to beat, we all know that. One of the best teams in the world, let's just admit it. There's always trouble on argentine-to-english translations and misquotations since argentines take everything lightly when they speak, mostly in this interview in which they talked about the "cassette" some fb players "play" out of their mouths on interviews/press confs when they don't want to say how they really feel (we ALL know this cassette that brings nothing new to the table and makes everything seem okay). I don't know the dude personally but I'm 90% sure he was conveniently misquoted. What I understood from the interview was that RM was thrown into the situation of playing 4 times in a row against the best team in the world, and when the fans demand more quality, it may not be so easy to get it.

http://twitter.com/#!/stillwiredin

Lets just hope that he was really misquoted.Else it's quite idiotic to blurt out a statement like that.
Actually thought that he might stay another season to prove his worth & Lassana leaving.
Now,seems like it might be the other way around.

“To be a part of this squad is hard and you have to earn your place. You have to shed your skin with every training because you always have to be conscious and respectful of the white shirt.”
“It’s true that I feel a great sense of responsibility”

"El Real Madrid quiere y debe dar batalla. No está en nuestros genes la derrota"

#2385   K SSJ 4

K SSJ 4

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

Gago's never been that sort of player. I thought it may have been something like that when I read it. I have to say though; he shouldn't be putting himself in such situations.

Ronaldo! Give me back my number!
Posted Image