#17   Frketson

Frketson
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Fav PlayersRosario Dawson
  • SupportsFC Porto

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

fantastic sig you got there.

Thanks man,

should be watching a few movies in the next week or so, have converted them to MP4 so i can watch them on my ipod on the train!

Soon to watch: The Godfather, Taxi Driver, Heat

#18   Javier Hernandez

Javier Hernandez
  • Fav PlayersRyan Giggs
  • SupportsManchester United

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:24 AM

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

I liked it. It's a silly film, in a good way. If you need something to put you in a good mood, I suggest you watch it, unless you constantly need to watch extremely thoughtful films.

Rotten Tomatoes summed it up perfectly:

Consensus: Quirky humor, plucky characters and solid slapstick make this family comedy a frenetically tasty time at the movies.

#19   GunnerVictory

GunnerVictory
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Fav PlayersŠuker, Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie, Cahill
  • SupportsMelbourne, Arsenal, Australia and Hrvatska

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:35 AM

Just watched Desperado, pretty good action flick. Banderas as always is just damn cool. I liked the roles of Steve Buscemi and i thought Tarantino did pretty good as the pick up guy. A great stylish movie you can pop in watch with ease.

7.5/10

Your loving Tarantino, aren't you man?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20   Frketson

Frketson
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Fav PlayersRosario Dawson
  • SupportsFC Porto

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

Your loving Tarantino, aren't you man?

As a tarantino fanboy its my duty to watch anything tarantino related.

Just doin my job.

*tips hat*

#21   Banton

Banton
  • Members
  • LocationNottingham, England
  • SupportsChelsea FC

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:25 PM

Candyman: Day of the Dead

Pretty bad film, crappy ending for a legendary character.

#22   Kei

Kei
  • Moderators
  • Supports日本

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:17 AM

Blows me away every time I watch it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23   Conte.

Conte.
  • LocationParow

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:01 AM

So I watched Burn after Reading last night and it was very enjoyable for me. It's not a movie that will appeal to all movie lovers as you need a certain sense of dark humour to appreciate it or anything by the Coen Brothers for that matter. I don't think it was quite as good as The Big Lebowski, but it's certainly up there for me. The cast were superb as well and special mention to Brad Pitt as well. He played a smaller role here, but he played it to perfection.

9/10

I'll drink to that

#24   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters
  • SupportsClaudia Cardinale

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

Like Amira, I watched Juno again. That movie is so cute, made me want to be pregnant.

Derek

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#25   Sir Chesney

Sir Chesney
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:03 PM

:unsure:

Posted Image

There's only one Aaron Ramsey | With Wenger until the end #10

#26   Poldi.

Poldi.
  • LocationHobart, Australia
  • Fav PlayersCazorla, Podolski, Mertesacker, Vermaelen
  • SupportsArsenal

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:40 AM

Just finished watching The Strangers, and it's was of the creepiest films I've watched.

The story line was flawed, in the sense that the people that we're committing all the crimes would have had to be either super organized, or pretty fucking fast. All the paint around the house, and all the traps all seemed a bit over the top for three randoms to be pulling off to precision, and 'good-guys' would have had to been very stupid.

As for the actual movie, i liked it a lot. The camera effects were night, and the lighting and 'dark orange' scheme they were going with worked really well. The acting was fairly good considering what they had to work with, and the film overall was definitely scary.

Rating:
6/10 (it's not a movie you'd rated highly)

Posted Image

#27   Supernatural

Supernatural
  • LocationResiding In Sharjah, From India
  • Fav PlayersAll Arsenal Players
  • SupportsArsenal FC

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:03 PM

The Waterboy - A funny movie. I liked it. 6/10

Rat Race - I've watched the first half an hour of it and it's pretty funny. Still watching.

Transformers 2 - I can understand that some people found it boring and some disliked it because it was a Michael Bay film but I found it really entertaining. The difference between this one and it's prequel is that the prequel had a proper storyline whereas this one had more of action with a lot of effects. I liked it cuz I put the speaks on and damn the experience was classic. 8/10

My Boss' Daughter - Half an hour of it is complete still more to go.

The Departed - Superb!! The first half an hour is bullshit to be honest because I didn't understand what the hell the movie was all about but then after Di Caprio visits the psychiatrist the movie becomes more clear. However I felt they could have reduced the swearing because it was a bit embarrassing to watch it front of my elders. The ending was quite confusing with the rat. I don't even know who the rat is. I don't even know who the rat was working with or what a "rat" is? LOL. The official soundtrack is also cool. 9/10

Gonna watch Bewitched & Reservoir Dogs.

Posted Image

"Nothing In The World Is The Way It Ought To Be. It's Harsh, It's Cruel And That's Why There's Us. Champions. Doesn't Matter Where We Come From, What We've Done Or Suffered Or Even If We Make A Difference. We Live As If The World Is As It Should Be, To Show It What It Can Be." - Angel

#28   endorstoi

endorstoi
  • Supportsa little bit the sharpness

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

Matt Damon is working for the mob inside the police force, Di Caprio on the other hand is working for the police force inside the mob. Matt Damon is the rat although they are both rats to an extent.

#29   Creed Bratton

Creed Bratton

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:14 PM

Transformers 2 - I can understand that some people found it boring and some disliked it because it was a Michael Bay film but I found it really entertaining. The difference between this one and it's prequel is that the prequel had a proper storyline whereas this one had more of action with a lot of effects. I liked it cuz I put the speaks on and damn the experience was classic. 8/10

You forgot say about that Megan Fox is great actress and her play is fantastic

Posted Image

#30   Sir Chesney

Sir Chesney
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

Glad to see you rated The Departed higher than the other films you've watched recently, Fabulous Fab, but I found all your scores to be too high. Enjoy Reservoir Dogs, I didn't like Bewitched, terrible idea.

Posted Image

There's only one Aaron Ramsey | With Wenger until the end #10