TIKI-TAKA

Bringing you the beautiful game

NeoBux

The Deportivo de La Coruña Thread

Photo
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#1   WWN

WWN

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

Brief History: The very beginning

In 1902 Jos

#2   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters
  • SupportsClaudia Cardinale

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

If you watch their games, Sara, then tell me, how do you stay awake?

Depor heavily rely on their defence because their offensive prowes is very limited. They have won four games with a scoreline of 1-0 this season I believe, and three of those goals were very fortunate. I don't want to be a negative nancy though, because I can only praise Lotina and Depor still has some nice players in Filipe, Guardado, Riki and Valer

Derek

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#3   Slow Show

Slow Show
  • Supporters
  • SupportsReal Madrid

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

I may well end up posting here regularly. Guardado <3

#4   Sergio Lopez

Sergio Lopez
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:56 AM

Real Club Deportivo de La Coru

#5   WWN

WWN

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

If you watch their games, Sara, then tell me, how do you stay awake?

I think we have different definitions of what entertaining football is, Derek. I watched Valencia vs. Barca this past weekend, and I think if that is suppose to be entertaining football then I really don't want to see more of that either. I think what is entertaining is when I get to watch a good collective effort. Deportivo might not have the stars that even they use to have in the past, but every game they play with 100% effort. I admire teams like that, even their defeats so far have been respectable. No one who watches Deportivo can say that those players didn't leave everything they had on that pitch, and I think that is what keeps me in tune with their results and makes me watch their matches. I read a phrase that described them well recently, Deportivo is like

#6   WWN

WWN

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

Smoke and Mirrors. I think even I got into the hype a little bit, but this weekend we all realized that it was just that hype. The defense collapsed, and after the first goal, the entire team fell apart. My Tv stadion also decided to have technical difficulties, so we were spared of 20 minutes of the second half in the United States atleast. Losing is not a big deal, but 4-0 says alot about the team. They are just a small team with limited quality that have been allowed to push so high on the table, but all that will change soon like it does every season.

On a lighter note,did anyone else see that goal by Medunjanin? That was just amazing, good to see him perform on some level.

#7   Sergio Lopez

Sergio Lopez
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:46 AM

Deportivo La Coruna coach Lotina won't demand January signings :g:
04.11.09 | tribalfootball.com

Deportivo La Coruna coach Miguel Angel Lotina insists he won't push for new winter market signings. Lotina has concerns after losing Angel Lafita and Joan Verdu late in the summer transfer window.

But he says: "It is not the time to ask (signings) publicly because the locker room deserves respect. I know where the team can improve and it is my duty is to get the most from them. All squads can be improved, including Barcelona and Real Madrid."

P.S. La Coruna club is doing well & there is no shame losing, even 4:0 as the squad isn't strong, but because of team's work Deportivo are flying high. :thumbsup:

#8   WWN

WWN

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

Preview of the Game

Lotina

#9   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:50 AM

What do you think is Deportivo's strongest XI ?

Derek

#10   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

I just tuned in for the second half of Getafe - Deportivo. At half time the visitors were leading 0-1, it was former-Pichichi Mista who scored his first of the season when he headed in a Filipe cross (so tells Marca). But Depor are down to ten men, because Riki got two yellows, of which the second apparently was quite controversial.

"60
:goal: Depor, a man down, scores again! Somehow Filipe turns up in the box and easily finishes an attack set up by Guardado and Mista. Mista off for Adri

Derek

#11   Sergio Lopez

Sergio Lopez
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

What do you think is Deportivo's strongest XI ?

If U ask me, I'd chose:

Aranzubia, Manuel Pablo, Filipe Luis, Lopo, Colotto, Sergio, Juan Rodriguez, Antonio Tomas, Guradado, Lassad, Riki.

When Juca returns from the injury, he would definitly fight for the place in the centre of the park.

#12   WWN

WWN

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

Aranzub

#13   Resurrección

Resurrección
  • Supporters

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

What is Z

Derek

#14   Sergio Lopez

Sergio Lopez
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:56 AM

What is Z

#15   WWN

WWN

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

If with "something wrong happened", you mean being dropped from the league, then its accredited to his performance in the defeat against Espanyol game. He was dreadful in this game, and since it's not unusual for Lotina to rotate in players, he lost his spot to Colotto. He hasn't started since that game, and unless there are injuries, I don't think he will win back his starting position anytime soon.

He does get to play in the Copa game today though, plus Lopo has picked up a minor injury, so you never know what will happen this weekend. I really hope it doesnt come down to that, Lopo is the best.