1000 replies to this topic

#1   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

The Intangibles were originally founded as Team Trim Trab - a short term team name to set the ball rolling and register the clubs' eligibility for the Second Division. This name was soon to change, however. With only four team members - TheMuffinMan, Bandiera, VillaMad and ReDDevil9 - the hunt was on for a fifth and final to complete the line-up, and with little hesitation, Muj was invited along for a training session. However, after failing to turn up to the opening day of training, Irish talisman Alan, politley reminded him where his loyalties lay, and on the 23rd of June 2010 Muj accepted the position offered to him. Shortly afterwards, the club adopted the name "The Intangibles", following heated discussions between the team manager and club chairman.

With the club name settled, a team crest, jersey, and stadium soon followed. The pieces of the jigsaw had finally been complete. The Intangibles now regularly enjoy their football at the Estadio de Intangible, where they enter the arena to MC Hammer's "You Can't Touch This". Muj gets really psyched by it pre-match.

http://filmovezvuky.fdb.cz/znelky-a-hudba4/mp3/charlieho_andilci_2_you_cant_touch_this.mp3

The Intangibles are: 
Season One (5th place/out of 12 - P26, W14, D4, L8, 231 goals, 46 points):

VillaMad | 57 goals
TheMuffinMan | 51 goals
ReDDevil9 | 48 goals
Bandiera | 42 goals
Mujeriego | 33 goals

Season Two (4th place/out of 8 - P22, W11, D2, L9, 235 goals, 35 points):

Mujeriego | 52 goals
VillaMad | 51 goals
Bandiera | 48 goals
ReDDevil9 | 43 goals
TheMuffinMan | 41 goals

Overall (P48, W25, D6, L17, 466 goals):

VillaMad | 108 goals
TheMuffinMan | 92 goals
ReDDevil9 | 91 goals
Bandiera | 90 goals
Mujeriego | 85 goals

--------------------

#2   Bandiera

Bandiera

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

I actually quite like the idea of being called "Untitled" :lol:

Not Team Untitled now you understand, just UNTITLED

:)

But I'm a fucking mess for this kind of thing :ph34r:

Nostalgia.....it ain't what it used to be

#3   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

Funnily enough I thought the same thing. It's too simple, though, maybe. I thought perhaps "The Tangibles" or "The Intangibles", although I have no idea what either mean in the context of the TTPL. It just sounded cool at the time.

#4   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

Rejoice, we have our fifth team member!

(We still need ideas for our team name, team badge, and team kit colours however. Ideas welcome.)

#5   Bandiera

Bandiera

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

A lesson to be learned through my actions, verbal abuse gets you everywhere :D
Nostalgia.....it ain't what it used to be

#6   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

I propose we are the Quentin Tarantino Clique of Prediction Extraordinaires. (I'm kicked out already, aren't I?)

#7   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:59 AM

We haven't had many other suggestions as of yet, so it has every chance of being our name anyway! :lol:

#8   ReDDevil9

ReDDevil9
  • Fav PlayersChicharito
  • SupportsManchester United & Brighton & Hove Albion

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

I'm not sure about team names, but if someone can come up with a badge, then i'd be happy to create a kit, providing I know the color scheme we want etc.

Posted Image

I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch…That’s the school of Vila, of Benaiges, of Cruijff – Xavi Hernandez

#9   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

Yeah I was gonna say we need a volunteer to make a kit. The badge needs to have some relevance to our team name, also. We can't really do that until we have settled on one, though. So far the options are Untitled, Team Trim Trab, Quentin Tarantino Clique of Prediction Extraordinaires, or The Intangibles - although most aren't serious suggestions anyway! :lol:

Need it figured out soon enough, though. Not sure when this actually starts.

#10   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:00 AM

I kind of like The Intangibles.

We could have see-through jerseys (to the benefit of Alan's rippling abs) and confuse the opposition with the mere idea of our existence.

OR EVEN BETTER, WE COULD GO WITH THIS GET-UP AS OUR JERSEY:

Posted Image

#11   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:14 AM

Aaaaaaaanddddddddddd this could be our team avatar:

Posted Image

#12   The Show Goes On

The Show Goes On

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:16 AM

The eagle has landed. <_<

#13   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:17 AM

See? Other teams are jealous already.

#14   Mujeriego

Mujeriego

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:39 AM

(We could also go with The Velvet Bananas, although that seems like a thinly veiled euphemism for a dildo. I only propose this because I've always liked MuffMan's banana photo from The Velvet Underground & Nico.)

#15   TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan
  • SupportsAVFC | NFFC

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

I kind of like The Intangibles.

We could have see-through jerseys (to the benefit of Alan's rippling abs) and confuse the opposition with the mere idea of our existence.

:lol:

I kind of like the idea of see-through jerseys. We can probably get those little kit things to be see-through, too.

OR EVEN BETTER, WE COULD GO WITH THIS GET-UP AS OUR JERSEY:

Posted Image

Aaaaaaaanddddddddddd this could be our team avatar:

Posted Image

It's the best we've had so far, and I quite like it so I'd go with that. If somebody could re-work that last image into a team badge of some sort with the team name in it, that would be pretty neat.

ReDDevil, could you use your awesome kit producing skills to create a kit based on the first image Muj provided? You know, with the nightgown and everything. Or is that an impossible task?

And yes, The Velvet Bananas do sound like an expensive brand of a fancy dildo company - which has it's advantages and disadvantages. Mostly disadvantages.